What places are you allowed to carry in, but don't?

This is a discussion on What places are you allowed to carry in, but don't? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What places are you legally allowed to carry concealed but prefer or refuse to carry?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What places are you allowed to carry in, but don't?

What places are you legally allowed to carry concealed but prefer or refuse to carry?

VIP Member
    In VA if a place serves alcohol for consumption on premises you cannot carry concealed, however you can carry openly. I choose not to carry openly in such places. I rarely carry openly although VA law allows it.

Otherwise if I'm allowed by law I do. Sometimes I inadvertantly get caught by someplace that is posted, because it is not on an entrance. However in VA no harm no foul on posted property. Should you be discovered you are allowed to leave. If you refuse to leave well then you stepped up quite a bit.

???

NONE!

OOPS.....better rethink that statement.
    The shower, during open heart surgery, hernia surgery, while being scoped, while in bed (gun at hand), and?

While working (don't ask, don't tell) going to and fro, etc, guns are part of my dress.:)

Member Array Bullwinkle J Moose's Avatar
    Shower & tub

DC Founder
    Swimming pool, shower, bed (it's on my headboard), doctor's offices.

Since my doctor has his CCW he understands when I take mine out in the room. He has some whacked out stories of patients he was glad he was carrying around.

As the pastor of a local church, it is my option to carry, not carry.

So far I have not, . . . but should the bg's ever learn how easy it would be, and how much cash is there for the taking, . . . well, . . . . . . . . . I guess I'll cross that bridge then.

May God bless,
    Dwight

shower, M.D. office, hospital (if I am the patient, like when my gallbladder was removed, of course my dad, brother, mom sister/brother in-laws all carry :yes: ) I do carry at church. I would like to carry when working on the ambulance, but DOT says no way.......

Church??

Yes, and when and EMT, yes.

Pretty much none,

However, if it is at a friends house or soical gathering at a private residence, I try to find out covertly if they have a problem with firearms in their house. If there is a problem with that, then I normally decline the invitation anyway:)

I carry everywhere I am legally allowed and the places I'm not I usually don't go unless i absolutely have to. Have a safe & happy new year :rock: , Lazyace1975.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    As the pastor of a local church, it is my option to carry, not carry.

So far I have not, . . . but should the bg's ever learn how easy it would be, and how much cash is there for the taking, . . . well, . . . . . . . . . I guess I'll cross that bridge then.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Dwight, it seems we have something in common. I am a youth pastor and I don't carry in the church sanctuary, out of respect. I do however carry religiously (pardon the pun) when I am with the youth group on an outing/lock ins etc. Our youth group almost exclusively consists of pretty highschool girls. I have stood back many times and watched the looks they get from men nearby who are old enough to be their fathers and old enough to know better. The girls are largely clueless about this. Donít get me wrong they are as well behaved and well covered (many thanks to my wife for dealing with this particular topic) a group of girls as you are likely to meet these days. But even so, they do stand out. My wife and I sometimes feel like choking them, but we really do love them like they are our own.

Fortunately I have never been forced to draw my weapon in any situation, but I have had to intervene a time or two when a guy got a little to persistent with one of the girls. I may not look that imposing, but in those cases my presence was all it took. I pray that is all that is ever required, and that these girls will grow up never having occasion to find out that their youth pastor "packs heat".

I also am a church pastor. To not have readily available the means to fulfill my responsibilities as a "shepherd" is, as far as I am concerned, to shirk my duties. The shepherd carried his "rod" and "sling" for good reason - and so do I. Who will protect the flock if the shepherd does not? Yes - the Lord certainly does provide - and He has provided His flock with shepherds. There have been more than enough recent instances of church shootings to justify being prepared to defend those we have been charged to watch over. If you don't carry "out of respect", pray tell - who/what are you respecting? I intend no offense - and if you believe the Lord has specifically guided you to this decision, I would surely respect that. I am convinced He has guided me to be prepared for trouble in the church - and church "troubles" take a wide variety of forms. In all honesty, does anyone think an armed criminal will show any "respect" for anything whatsoever?

The Puritans were required by law to take their guns to church - for good reason. Today the church has many enemies out there - both known and unknown. Did not the Lord tell us to be both as innocent as a dove AND as cunning as a serpent?

I always carry in Church and feel that I am not showing any disrespect for the Lord or His house.

Jesus said "he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one" and there are several instances in the Bible of swords commonly being carried into the Temple.

Every flock needs a shepherd and every shepherd has a sheep dog but this dog has .45 caliber teeth.

Disrespect?

No, do not believe there is disrespect involved. I carried when reading, serving, etc, while wearing vestments. Might make the gun a bit harder to access, but at least two were always available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links