I got outed today! - Page 2

I got outed today!

This is a discussion on I got outed today! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pogo2 If you live in San Francisco you can't be outed. We already assume that you are out. *****...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    If you live in San Francisco you can't be outed. We already assume that you are out.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I guess sometimes it's like the old saying, "If your a hammer, everything looks like a nail." If someone is looking for a gun, I guess every bulge is a gun to them.

Then again, if you carry something in a way that makes some one think your carrying a gun, they think you're carrying a gun. If they happen to be anti-gun, they could call the police and then your gun will likely be discovered, even though it wasn't what they saw. Why do anything that would cause some one to think you were carrying?
    It is legal for me to carry. Why would I care if someone called the police because of a ball cap or something and then the police were to **GASP** find a gun on me? They would have been told that I had one as soon as they made contact with me, so it wouldn't have been difficult for them to find. Nor would I care. Cops are on our side, and are the only people that I'll ever tell when I am carrying.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Chris said queue

waiting in pharmacy queue
    *j/k with ya bud

Everyone thinks that I am carrying in my fanny pack when it mostly on my ankle.

But, that is about to change here soon since I'm getting back to the point where I can carry IWB once again

Wayne

I got found out in a funny way. The wife and I were at the Golden Aspen Rally in Riodoso, N.M. last month. At the chuck wagon dinner we were seated at these long picnic tables waiting for them to start feeding. This guy who is associated with the rally sits down beside me and tries to scoot me over. You should have seen his expression when he hit my .45. Some times people find you out and there is nothing you can do but smile. Needless to say he moved. The Bar J puts on a good feed and show.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Still somewhat cheeky tho!!

I had a worse one Monday - had gone into town on bike and was chatting to a guy I know waiting in pharmacy queue - he turns and tweaks my shirt on right, not actually exposing but asking - ''carrying today are we'' - he could probably just see the SIG.

Geez, I coulda crowned him Thought he was reliable tho he did sorta do it in fun - but I was not laughing. I gave him some verbal tuition in the etiquette of carry, etc. Glad to say no one else watching.

What a dufus.
    Did the guy know you to carry before the pharmacy trip?

If not, then you are lucky it was he who pointed out the weapon and not someone that didn't know you. There may have been police involved and you may have had charges brought upon yourself. In this case you would be the dufus.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biloxi Bersa View Post
    You got women recognizing your "huge bulge"?

Lucky you!

Most guys just stick a roll of quarters in their pants.

Go get 'em tiger!
    Kinda gives meaning to "this is my pistol, this is my ......."
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Assistant Administrator
    Did the guy know you to carry before the pharmacy trip?
    Stevetim - Oh yes - I maybe didn't make that very clear. It would have been way different otherwise !!!! Neither he nor anyone else could have seen my piece, without trying to look! I don't even print.

He is a gunny and I know him well - but this was an occasion when I was not too pleased with him He is one of not many, who know I carry. In fact he had barely started to push aside my shirt when I intercepted anyways - with a very firm right arm.

waiting in pharmacy queue
    That's correct spelling Wayne!! Well, in English anyways LOL!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    What charges could possibly have been brought? Every single "brandishing" statute I'm aware of requires:

1. That the weapon be KNOWINGLY displayed.
    2. That the weapon be displayed in a THREATENING manner.

Quote Originally Posted by stevetim View Post
    If not, then you are lucky it was he who pointed out the weapon and not someone that didn't know you. There may have been police involved and you may have had charges brought upon yourself. In this case you would be the dufus.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Had to train my wife to not reach around my waist and feel for the gun when she was wondering. She thought she was being discreet, but patting and grabbing my hip and the grip of my pistol isn't where I want my wife grabbing ;) Seriously though, to anyone with half an eye could tell what she was doing. She did this sorta nervously a few months ago when saw some questionable characters at the zoo. I don't know if it was obvious to anyone else, but it sure was to me. Now she just gives me the look or says "got it?"
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Brings back a time this happened to me -- I'm talking to a friend of ours and my wife is talking to some other lady. I have a sportcoat on.
    My wife had been talking about how I'd lost about 20 pounds (of course I hadn't heard any of their conversation).
    Unfortunately, without thinking, my wife grabs the side of my sportcoat and flips it back to show this other lady how I no longer have my beer gut. There's my .45. The lady goes nuts.
    I'm trying to back up and figure out what's happening. Thankfully, a couple of guys who were behind the now nutcase woman start talking about "nice gun, who did the grips" like it's a natural thing to have a gun.
    Once the lady sees that nobody cares, she calmed down, with my wife's help as well.
    My wife knew the instant she did it that it was a mistake - and she carries, too -- but sometimes this stuff happens.......
    I think I could have been carrying a giant rattlesnake and the lady would have been less upset. Some people really can't deal with firearms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links