Defensive Carry banner

ABC News: "SHOULD THERE BE STRICTER GUN CONTROL?"

5K views 40 replies 37 participants last post by  CapnBald 
#1 ·
Be sure to vote your preference!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=2521733&POLL259=1000000000000000000000

As of a few moments ago:

There have been three deadly shootings at schools within a seven-day period.

Should there be more gun control in the United States?

No. More gun control will not make us safer. Criminals will still get guns if they want.
Yes. Everyone, especially children, will be safer if guns are tougher to access.
Total Vote: 4,209

#3 ·
Please go to this site http://abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=2521733 and answer this question:

The link is vaild and only works once. I had to delete my computer cookies to enable the selections again.

Quote:

1. Should there be more gun control in the United States?

a. No. More gun control will not make us safer. Criminals will still get guns if they want.

b. Yes. Everyone, especially children, will be safer if guns are tougher to access.

#4 ·
ABC Poll, Gun Control Survey

I would like to get this out and please vote as ABC is conducting a poll if gun control makes us safer or not.
I know most of already know the answer, now let them know.

So Far ---------------------

No. More gun control will not make us safer. Criminals will still get guns if they want. 1,833
Yes. Everyone, especially children, will be safer if guns are tougher to access. 1,664
Total Vote: 3,497

-----------------------------------

Let them konw where you stand.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=2521733

#9 ·
Here's what we do know so far:

The student that killed the principal in WI broke into parent's room and gun cabinet (obviously, there should have been stricter gun control in that guy's bedroom).

The shooter in PA did not, by news reports, have a criminal record and it appears he owned those weapons legally in accordance with PA and federal regs. He apparently was just crazy (my opinion).

Don't know about the shooter in CO.

Three guys snapped. Would tougher regs have stopped them?

I doubt it.

#13 ·
I voted no and if I could have written in a "vote" I'd have voted to repeal a bunch of the useless laws that went to far and did nothing to make us safer. In fact, a bunch of gun control laws make us less safe.

#19 ·
Predictable media response...

It never fails. We get a couple of school shootings by crazy people and the drive by media promotes trashing the Second Amendment. If a giant meteorite hit Kansas they would promote better meteor control laws.

#21 ·
There's another poll on the Clinton News Network (CNN) website that asks: Do you agree with the Wisconsin lawmaker who thinks schools should arm teachers, principals and janitors? So far 5212 votes for and 24243 against. Unbelievable.

#24 ·
Link? I'll add mine to the mix, as I'm sure anyone else here would. Not that it'll swing the tide or anything, but if nobody speaks up, who's to blame?

Current tally on the ABC vote

ABC said:

No. More gun control will not make us safer. Criminals will still get guns if they want.
Yes. Everyone, especially children, will be safer if guns are tougher to access.2,217
Total Vote: 6,730

#28 ·
Gee whiz guys... look at Montana... Some of the most "lax" laws in the United States.... and no shootings!!! Surely this is a mistake!! Thousands of children must be shot each year according to the Brady Bunch...

[/sarcasm]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.