Walther P22 Holster Suggestions

This is a discussion on Walther P22 Holster Suggestions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, I am fairly new to the forums. I am taking my CCW course Saturday and am trying to get everything together so when ...

Thread: Walther P22 Holster Suggestions

Hi all, I am fairly new to the forums. I am taking my CCW course Saturday and am trying to get everything together so when I do have my permit I will be ready. Not trying to start a caliber war by any means. I have done alot of research on the calibers and I am aware of the advantages of carrying a bigger caliber but for several reasons I have chose a Walther P22 as my CC gun (at least until I can afford or feel like I need something bigger). My main concern at this time is what holster should I get? It is not a must but I would prefer it to be concealed. I have a tactical holster to wear on the belt that is very comfortable and could go IWB but it is such a thick holster it is not comfortable IWB and it is pretty obvious I have it. With the holster I have after getting my family to look at me wearing it I have determined the 4 or 5 o'clock position is the least obvious but it is still fairly thick. Being a big guy 6'1, 215 lbs, I wear size 38 jeans and it actually goes in my front pocket moderately comfortable and hidden but I carry alot of stuff in my pockets so that is not my ideal choice. Can I get some suggestions from other Walther P22 carriers or similar sized guns? It is the camo version of the gun and my ideal holster would not be to hard on the paint.

Thanks yall,
    Goose

EDIT: Just realized there was a holster section. If this should be moved please do so.
    Last edited by gooseman1991; November 7th, 2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Wrong forum

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I don't think you will find a lot of people here who endorse any .22 for a primary carry weapon. A lot of people might agree with that line of thinking, so you may have difficulty finding any holsters specifically designed for it. I would suggest carry more if you can, but there are plenty of threads already going about that elsewhere.

I have a P22, and it does fit nicely in a pocket. I just bought a cheapo Uncle Mike's pocket holster for when I use it as a backup, and that works just fine. Just make sure you get the high velocity ammo like the manual says, and I found mine likes jacketed bullets best. Whatever you are going to use in it, make sure you shoot a lot of it to make sure it functions. My gun has a lot of failures with the wrong ammo.
    Walk softly ...

Google "Walther P22 holster" and you will get several sites that offer holsters...

Walther P22 Holsters - Belt, Shoulder, Concealed Carry, IWB, Drop Leg Holsters & More
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat makes an IWB specifically for the Walther P22.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Funny story, not long after I posted this a friend offers to sell me a glock 45 at a good price. I bought it, still may carry the P22 as a backup but I got a holster in the deal that fits the glock ok but fits the Walther great lol. So questions answered, thanks much.

Goose

(A) I have a few hundred $$$ in holsters that I don't use. I might some day, but at this point, they're collecting dust.

(B) Several weeks ago, on a whim, I ordered one of these: Belt Slide or IWB Holster Large Black Nylon Ace Case Springfield XD's, Taurus Millennium Keltecs 9/40 Glock Left or Right Hand

It truly is cheaper than dirt at like 8 bucks. It's also the most comfortable and simple to use holsters I have. I have it on all the time, carrying or not (and you don't even notice it when it's not there). It's at my 4 o'clock as long as I'm wearing pants. And I've been married for the better part of two decades, so unfortunately, I'm usually wearing my pants.

That said -- I really do want to get a "better quality" holster of the same type. I've seen a few here and there that I hope to see in person...

(C) This holster easily holds my "full size" M&P, my Beretta 92FS - and my Ruger SR22 - Very similar in size to your Walther.

(D) There is little doubt that if the SHTF, or if I'm in a nasty wildlife area (bears & wolves and such), I'd hope I had my Beretta on me. But 90% of the time, I'm carrying my SR22. It's reliable, it's very comfortable (I can walk, drive, motorcycle, etc.), it's light - and I can put five rounds in a target the size of a door knob in less than 3 seconds with it (something I can't come close to with my 92).

Don't get me wrong here -- Stopping power can be an important factor *IF* it comes to a situation and *IF* that situation turns to actually firing. That said, if the situation turns that ugly, the follow-up shot is just as important as the first. And in any case, I'd certainly rather be throwing 22's than throwing nothing at all.

Go bigger n' badder at some point if you feel like it -- Heck, some sort of smaller 9mm is on my short list also. But if a 22 is what you have and you're comfortable with it, use it and use it well.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

Sponsored Links