OWB carry for CC? - Page 4

OWB carry for CC?

This is a discussion on OWB carry for CC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a full size 1911. In the summer, I generally carry IWB, but I have carried OWB under a T-shirt that is 1 size ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: OWB carry for CC?

I carry a full size 1911. In the summer, I generally carry IWB, but I have carried OWB under a T-shirt that is 1 size larger than normal without a problem printing. My favorite OWB holster is a Galco Avenger with a GOOD gun belt. The belt is the key to comfortable concealed carry. And now that the weather is cooling considerably, it is easy to conceal under a flannel shirt, vest, and/or jacket. And OWB is more comfortable than IWB, by far!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    When you carry OWB, what happens when you sit? As in a restaurant? You can't remove your jacket. Shirts ride up. I think I would like to try it, but I just have not figured out how to stay concealed all the time. OWB under a Tshirt? I would need about a 5X. It would look like a dress. Open jackets don't seem to me they would conceal very well at all. Insight from some who are making this work please.
    If you live in a colder climate, a good quality tall-sized sweatshirt works wonders. Or, try a vest. I have a Domke photo vest I wore for many years as a photojournalist, and now that I'm retired and disabled, it works great as a way of carrying things like spare mags, tactical lights, cell phone, note pad and pen, aspirin, and hiding even a large handgun. I also have an Coronado Leather vest that is fantastic for just about any occasion, and I even have an old-west style vest that, when worn with jeans, work boots and a cowboy hat, looks completely natural.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

Larger shirts will fix the problem...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glock 30 in a Desantis Mini Slide and Ruger LCR in a Don Hume.

IMG_2252.jpg

I carry my G27 in a Galco SOB at 4:30, easy to conceal.

I carry a Keltec PF9 in a Fobus paddle holster 99.5% of the time...if I must deep conceal I usually switch to a .380 and an Uncle Mike's IWB soft holster.....I just wear untuck Tee shirts and polos all the time....if I must tuck in, then I pocket carry the .380...but that ain't very often, thank goodness!!.....LOL
    Benjamin Franklin: “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.”

I sometimes carry a 3" SP101 OWB in a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake. I like it so much I'm looking into a similar holster for my G19. I generally don't wear the SP101 unless it's cool enough for a flannel shirt or sweater, but have worn it under just a tshirt a few times and it worked very well.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    I too carry the G 27 and still struggle with a OWB holster. Seems there are always compromises to be made.
    With winter coming on, I wanted a retention holster.
    Just purchased the ITAC Roto-holster. I like it and I don't.

Pros: Solid feel..easy draw...secure..comfy
    Cons: Leaves some print

Because it is a adjustable "rotary holster", the added mechanical piece that accomplishes this causes it to print more. (See attached photos)

I don't always like to wear a belt. This holster MUST be worn with a belt, otherwise it will "lean" outward. (See Photos)

Tee-shirt with this holster? No way.
    Average winter coat? Yep.gun.jpggun1.jpggun2.jpg
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links