OWB carry for CC? - Page 4

OWB carry for CC?

This is a discussion on OWB carry for CC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a full size 1911. In the summer, I generally carry IWB, but I have carried OWB under a T-shirt that is 1 size ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: OWB carry for CC?

I carry a full size 1911. In the summer, I generally carry IWB, but I have carried OWB under a T-shirt that is 1 size larger than normal without a problem printing. My favorite OWB holster is a Galco Avenger with a GOOD gun belt. The belt is the key to comfortable concealed carry. And now that the weather is cooling considerably, it is easy to conceal under a flannel shirt, vest, and/or jacket. And OWB is more comfortable than IWB, by far!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    When you carry OWB, what happens when you sit? As in a restaurant? You can't remove your jacket. Shirts ride up. I think I would like to try it, but I just have not figured out how to stay concealed all the time. OWB under a Tshirt? I would need about a 5X. It would look like a dress. Open jackets don't seem to me they would conceal very well at all. Insight from some who are making this work please.
    If you live in a colder climate, a good quality tall-sized sweatshirt works wonders. Or, try a vest. I have a Domke photo vest I wore for many years as a photojournalist, and now that I'm retired and disabled, it works great as a way of carrying things like spare mags, tactical lights, cell phone, note pad and pen, aspirin, and hiding even a large handgun. I also have an Coronado Leather vest that is fantastic for just about any occasion, and I even have an old-west style vest that, when worn with jeans, work boots and a cowboy hat, looks completely natural.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

Senior Moderator
    Larger shirts will fix the problem...
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Glock 30 in a Desantis Mini Slide and Ruger LCR in a Don Hume.

OWB carry for CC?-img_2252.jpg

I carry my G27 in a Galco SOB at 4:30, easy to conceal.

I carry a Keltec PF9 in a Fobus paddle holster 99.5% of the time...if I must deep conceal I usually switch to a .380 and an Uncle Mike's IWB soft holster.....I just wear untuck Tee shirts and polos all the time....if I must tuck in, then I pocket carry the .380...but that ain't very often, thank goodness!!.....LOL
    Benjamin Franklin: “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.”

I sometimes carry a 3" SP101 OWB in a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake. I like it so much I'm looking into a similar holster for my G19. I generally don't wear the SP101 unless it's cool enough for a flannel shirt or sweater, but have worn it under just a tshirt a few times and it worked very well.

I too carry the G 27 and still struggle with a OWB holster. Seems there are always compromises to be made.
    With winter coming on, I wanted a retention holster.
    Just purchased the ITAC Roto-holster. I like it and I don't.

Pros: Solid feel..easy draw...secure..comfy
    Cons: Leaves some print

Because it is a adjustable "rotary holster", the added mechanical piece that accomplishes this causes it to print more. (See attached photos)

I don't always like to wear a belt. This holster MUST be worn with a belt, otherwise it will "lean" outward. (See Photos)

Tee-shirt with this holster? No way.
    Average winter coat? Yep.OWB carry for CC?-gun.jpgOWB carry for CC?-gun1.jpgOWB carry for CC?-gun2.jpg
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links