OWB carry for CC?

This is a discussion on OWB carry for CC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering how many of you carry concealed with an OWB type holster? It seems like with some of the "high-ride" type belt holsters that ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: OWB carry for CC?

OWB carry for CC?

Just wondering how many of you carry concealed with an OWB type holster? It seems like with some of the "high-ride" type belt holsters that it would be pretty simple. I'm looking for other carry options other than my current setup for my Glock 27, which is my Blackhawk Serpa. I really like the holster and it conceals well under a light jacket, but not so much under a t-shirt as the holster sits pretty low on the belt line.

I live in WI and OC is legal, but I don't want anyone to know I am carrying. Shhh!
    pir8fan likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Hmmm... well, I think you are on the right track with a light jacket. I also have carried with a flannel shirt untucked. 1911 in a Serpa. Especially the kind that is almost like a jacket. Then there is always the "shoot me first" vest.

I know this isn't much help because I haven't received it yet, but I have this on order after a lot of research. I wanted something for OWB during the winter, under sweatshirts, etc for my Glock 27. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

FIST, INC.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I do.

Side Guard Holsters 'High Slide' for the XD-S and a Bianchi Carry Lock for the Kimber Ultra Carry, I don't care for IWB just doesn't work well for me.

I carry a G21 in a Serpa, with a oversized polo shirt
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I carry a G23 in a 'higher' riding pancake style leather holster. Conceals just fine with a tee shirt and it stays very close to the body.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Most any high ride holster, with an untucked shirt should work.
    ironmike86 and BkCo1 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Galco Concealable and you can hide it under a T-Shirt.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

M&P 45c in a DeSantis Speed Scabbard.

It helps that I live in a state where 3 out of the 4 seasons I have some form of coat or plaid shirt to cover it.

Much more comfortable than IWB in my opinion.

Yes, I have carried OWB under an open shirt or jacket. It can be a very good way to carry concealed, yet is more comfortable than IWB.

Ruger SR9c on a Desantis Mini Slide. Untucked golf shirt.

http://www.desantisholster.com/store...ERS/Mini-Slide
    ODCaloney likes this.

VIP Member
    OWB is my preferred method of carry. There have been several good suggestions already, and I own and use many of them. For the last year or so, I have been transitioning to all kydex holsters.

I find that they conceal just as well as leather, and, if positioned correctly, are just as comfortable as leather. The stability I get with them is unbelievable. The olny thing they are lacking is beauty. Then again, as a CONCEALMENT holster, who else is going to see it?

The two I have found to work the best for me (so far - I haven't tried them all yet) are Raven Concealment and Crown Holsters.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I also prefer OWB carry. Maybe because there is too much of me IWB. I carry a CM9 and Beretta PX4 .40 in the cooler months here in S.E. Wisconsin. I can do this about 9 months of the year here as you most likely know. I have Jeff Hays holsters for all my carry guns. Very happy with them.

The Beretta is my heaviest CC and with it riding high with an 1.5 inch belt I can deal with it.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I use a pancake holster made locally under a loose shirt or "longtail T" from Duluth Manufacturing. It's not "hi-ride" but conceals well. A good pancake works nearly as well as an IWB and is sooo much more comforatable. If the clothing allows, it's teh way to go.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links