Would like your opinion

This is a discussion on Would like your opinion within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday I went to give blood. Walked in, got registered,sat down, filled out the questionare.Turned it in. Then I started waundering around, Reading the things ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would like your opinion

Would like your opinion

Yesterday I went to give blood. Walked in, got registered,sat down, filled out the questionare.Turned it in. Then I started waundering around, Reading the things on the wall. And OH MY there is a little 8x11 sign, about knee high.That reads.(Bonfils Blood Center does not permit concealled or unconcealled weapons in the work place.)( Law enforcement ok) Hmm what to do. I say nothing, give blood,Nobody knows,no harm done.

Ok now the question is. Boycot giving blood. Say something. let them know they are Tell them to post the sign where you see it when you WALK in Just leave the firearm in the vehical,next time.

This is not a resturant,where not going is hurting only them. This is something that there is a short supply of,and someone out there needs

whats you opion

2. Remove Ads

Give blood, dont say anything, leave. If caught, say you didn't see sign.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I personally would inform them that you are displeased with the "no firearm "policy and that they need to move the sign to a more approiate location.

I would boycot may establishments, but the blood bank is not one of them. Just leave your piece in the car next time.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Give blood - next time leave weapon in your car.
    no harm no foul
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by SoftPoint View Post
    +1

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    +1

- Janq
    +2!

Pearly gates approaching:
    Angel: Why are you here?
    You: Well, I decided to donate blood, but I left my carry gun in my car.
    Angel: Huh? If you left your gun in the car, how'd you get shot?
    You: Well, I didn't mean to donate blood that way, but that's what happened!

Quote Originally Posted by SoftPoint View Post
    I agree here and would not say anything about the sign to maybe cover another CCW carriers butt. I'd give blood. It saved my life!
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

.45forme

Can you go a little easier on the hieroglyphics? Made me dizzy trying to read your post…

-PB
    Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim

It reads more like something for the employees, not the people giving blood.

Bonfils Blood Center does not permit concealled or unconcealled weapons in the work place
    Wayne

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by a_kayaker View Post
    I personally would inform them that you are displeased with the "no firearm "policy and that they need to move the sign to a more appropriate location.

I would boycott many establishments, but the blood bank is not one of them. Just leave your piece in the car next time.
    my definition of 'appropriate location'= circular file

I would try to find SOMEWHERE ELSE to give blood. Somewhere I can keep my weapon.

Have we not learned anything from the recent school shootings? Evil can happen ANYWHERE & you can bet the farm that......

Mr Murphy will show up while you are dis-armed & he will be in the form of a BG.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    - 12 billion to anyone here that has ever said to boycott a place and then said that it was OK for the blood bank to post.

There are plenty of places to give blood. I had to change places because the one I used to go to posted. Nothing too major, the women are usually cuter at the new place anyway.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

What if they started getting phone calls,from people that want to give.But because they carry. They CANT.
    Should I post the 1-800 number.That could be alot of possable doners.
    Just a thought
    Notice they are no heirogliphics LOL just bad spelling

its their work place not yours, give blood elsewhere if it bothers you. You could just ask does it apply to every one.

There should be more than one place to give blood; I would find one and start donating there.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

A quick story that pertains to this thread. I was giving blood at school one day, and of course the first thing they ask for is your license. I keep my CHL behind my license in my wallet as to keep it out of site (i dont usually take my license out much). The guy taking my info sees it and asks, "is that a CHL". I reply: "not that it is any of your business but yes it is." He then proceeds to ask me am I armed. I tell him that it is illegal to carry in school buildings, and ask him why he was so concerned. He proceeds to tell me what happened a few weeks earlier while he was working. Their policy is similar in that civilians are not allowed to carry, LEO are allowed, but they must unload and surrender their ammo. The story went: a LEO was giving blood, and consequently passed out. When they noticed, they revived him, and in his haze and anemia he did not know where he was pulled his service weapon and pulled the trigger. The guy said it was the loudest click he had ever heard, even though he knew the gun was empty. Giving blood often has unpredictable results in many people, so I would tend to understand this particular policy. I personally liken it to being armed while being at the dentist under the influence of laughing gas.

Hope this helps!
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links