Florida on res permits

Florida on res permits

This is a discussion on Florida on res permits within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am active duty army with a florida non res permit. I just received orders moving me down to florida. Question is, after i establish ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yetiman

Thread: Florida on res permits

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Florida on res permits

I am active duty army with a florida non res permit. I just received orders moving me down to florida. Question is, after i establish residence and get a florida drivers license or id card would my permit become a resident permit?

Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Does your CWFL state "Non-resident" on it? I can find no references on the FL AG & CS Dept site refering to a separate"non-resident" CWFL. The site only states you must be a resident of the US. You will have to notify them of a permanent change of address within 30 days. Check the following site for updating your address.

Replacement Licenses - Division of Licensing, FDACS

Edit: Newly issued CWFLs do not have an address on them.
    Last edited by OldVet; November 12th, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I am no expert and don't have a Florida license (yet), but everything I have read is that there is no resident / non resident Florida licenses. There is just a Florida license.

I know that recently issued resident and non resident licenses I have seen look identical, and no longer list the holders address on them.
    Anubis likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    I am no expert and don't have a Florida license (yet), but everything I have read is that there is no resident / non resident Florida licenses. There is just a Florida license.

I know that recently issued resident and non resident licenses I have seen look identical, and no longer list the holders address on them.
    This is correct. Florida issues only one license which is the same for residents and non-residents. You notify the Dept. of Agriculture of your new address and you are good to go.

Thank you for your service and God Bless.

Ken

The new FL permits DO NOT even have an address on them...your driver's license determines if you are a FL resident or not.
    The FL permit does not distinguish between resident and nonresident.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

And when you change your address don't be too surprised if there is no evidence that you did it. Nothing is sent to you that the address change was received until it's time to renew.

Links