sigh... this should stir up something - Page 2

sigh... this should stir up something

This is a discussion on sigh... this should stir up something within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rosie was getting pissed, I guess a little dose of common sense (and a small civics lesson) was too much for her. I'll stop here ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sigh... this should stir up something

Rosie was getting pissed, I guess a little dose of common sense (and a small civics lesson) was too much for her. I'll stop here because the rest of my comments wouldn't be appropriate in polite company.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I live in WV where all gun sales records pass thru the ATF. I have friends who work there and tell me about 'the famous' people who buy guns. You would be VERY surprised....

Rosie looks ill, the poor misguided twit. Silly thing is, she's got a microphone and 20 million viewers waiting on her every word. Perhaps she's catching something. I hear labotomies are effective. Of course, those do nothing to clamp lips together. Perhaps Home Depot's got an option ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Only good part of the entire clip is when Elizabeth dropped the statistic of guns defending people more than harming them in the US and Rosie shut her damn mouth. Then you could see her eyes moving back and forth as she searched for some kind of a comeback. The rest is completely garbage.

I'm just happy someone like Elisabeth Hasselbeck is on the show at all to allow the oppposing view to be expressed. Rosie thinks she is doing the right thing (remember: the road to hell is paved with good intentions), but like most liberals she thinks too much of herself and her opinions to think straight.

She would disarm everyone so at least we'd all be equal and nobody would be able to defend themselves. I just wish Elisabeth Hasselbeck would have asked her why she thinks someone who has decided to break the law to commit murder is going to have any reservations about breaking the law to obtain a firearm illegally?

It is simply a matter of common sense, which we are woefully in short supply of in this country at the moment.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    It's amazing to me that people can appear to think and be cognizant without using any distinguishable parts of their brains.

Miss Hasslebeck got in some real zingers, especially the self-defense part and suggesting that the teachers be armed. She got mobbed on every point, but the points still stood. I was with her all the way, until she agreed that nobody needed a "machine gun" to hunt with, without pointing out that a) fully automatic machine guns are already illegal and b) guns have more purposes in this world than hunting, as she layed out earlier.

Be sure to write/e-mail Mrs. Hasslebeck and encourage her to keep fighting the good fight. It wouldn't hurt to mention that you would miss her balanced opinions if she were gone, and that she is what makes watching The View tolerable (even if you aren't a regular viewer).
    http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/bi...asselbeck.html
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

im w/ bob the great Elisabeth stood her ground and she looked cute doing it :P..i'll write her an email

Quote Originally Posted by Tros View Post
    This woman has always been a and always will be one. Some people are willing to listen to both sides of a story, she is not. Simple as that...

I don't think so. She's really not a sheep. I think she's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

It is unfortunate that this moron has a national TV show to spew her uninformed venom and skewed statistics about guns and gunowners.

She is quick to protest the gunrights of others, while I've heard she has an armed bodyguard for herself and family. WHY should you, Rosie, have someone armed protecting you, and deny the rest of us (those of us who can't afford to hire bodyguards 24/7 )that same right of LEGAL armed protection.

The 2nd Amendment is quite clear Rosie, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED !! AND by the way, when I buy a handgun, I'm subjected to a background check and government form filings, already. What more do we need ?? Perhaps some way to weed out potential pyschos amongst the entire population. That would make more sense and do more to prevent such episodes than another gun law

More laws ??? We have enough already, and most do not work very well. Last I heard it was illegal to take a weapon on school grounds and was also illegal to sexually molest and murder people. Those laws were obviously ignored by these crazies involved in the recent school shootings. But ,I guess if there was ANOTHER gun law, that would have prevented these tragedies. NO IT WOULD NOT !!!

If these guys did not have guns, then some other weapon, like a simple steak knife would have probably been used and the results the would be the same, if they were intent on doing what they did.

Not sure what the solution might be, but it is NOT more gun laws. Maybe if someone was allowed to legally have a gun at the school, these BG s could have been thwarted.

Okay, my rant is over.

According to the CDC:

Deaths from Guns (not including suicides) - 22,250

Deaths from Obesity - 25,814

I say we all get together and send Rosie some cookies & Bon Bons.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I sent Mrs. Hasselbeck an e-mail thanking her. I would suggest that everyone follow Skunkwork's suggestion. When someone who has this much media exposure is willing to risk ridicule and fights on the air, we NEED to support them in any way we can. Despite what we think of the anti's arguments, we need to remind ourselves that people like her are EXACTLY who is going to shape opinion for people who are uneducated either way about firearms. How often to do you hear someone so openly support the 2nd Amendment on a talk show? How about TV in general?

Please send her an e-mail to thank her.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

VIP Member

BlackMax...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMax View Post
    She would disarm everyone...
    except her bodyguards and herself.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkworks View Post
    Be sure to write/e-mail Mrs. Hasslebeck and encourage her to keep fighting the good fight. It wouldn't hurt to mention that you would miss her balanced opinions if she were gone, and that she is what makes watching The View tolerable (even if you aren't a regular viewer).
    http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/bi...asselbeck.html
    Sending mine off right now. I don't suppose anyone knows when that show originally aired, so I can reference it? Their "recaps" don't seem to mention anything about it.

What they missed............

The need to defend ones self. There arguement was that if people did not have guns there would be no need to defend ones self.

Not so in Albuquerque this week.

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2006/oct...womans-attack/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links