sigh... this should stir up something

This is a discussion on sigh... this should stir up something within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Given the situation (outnumbered 3-1), I think Ms. Hasselbeck did a ******* job. On a level playing field/blank slate (i.e., a forum with no biases, ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sigh... this should stir up something

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Given the situation (outnumbered 3-1), I think Ms. Hasselbeck did a ******* job. On a level playing field/blank slate (i.e., a forum with no biases, not being run by an anti, debating/discussing with people who knew what they were talking about), she would have carried the day.

As it was, I can't really say she "lost", either.

2. Remove Ads

When you encounter someone who wants to make it illegal for law abiding citizens to own and bear arms ask them why? They will probably tell it to stop all the firearm related deaths in the US. To which you should ask them what they are doing or propose should be done to prevent the #1 non-health related killer of men, women and children in the US, automobile accidents.

Following statistics from JAMA, "Actual Causes of Death in the US, 2000", March 10, 2004 --Vol 291, No. 10, pages 1238 - 1245
    http://www.csdp.org/research/1238.pd...2000%202001%22

For example, there were 44,354 automobile related deaths in 2000 as opposed to 28663 firearm related deaths in 2000 which broke down as follows:

- 16586 intentional (suicide)
    - 10801 assault/homicide
    - 776 unintentional discharge
    - 230 undetermined intent
    - 270 legal intervention

If you remove the 16586 intentional suicide deaths (assuming if a firearm were not available these individuals would have commited suicide anyways via another means) the number of firearm related deaths drop to 12077, which is behind deaths caused from sexual behavior (20,000 +/-) and illicit drug use (17,000 +/-).

I would also like to see a breakdown of the 10801 assault/homicdes to know how many of those firearms were obtained illegally versus legally?

Being anti-gun makes for a good sound bite to the uninformed, but if you do you homework you'll see it is not the national epidemic it is made out to be.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Assistant Administrator
    What's frightening to me is the number of people that take as gospel what "experts" like this have to say.
    Agreed 100% - but that is what happens when majorities have seemingly no ability to look for logic, or lack of it - and remain steered by gut emotion etc.

All I can say safely here is that I detest the women and her hypocracy.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    According to the CDC:

Deaths from Guns (not including suicides) - 22,250

Deaths from Obesity - 25,814
    I say we all get together and send Rosie some cookies & Bon Bons.
    lol. throw some donuts and twinkies in there .
    I wrote Mrs. Hasselbeck gave her propz and also corrected her on her machine gun comment.
    Last edited by jowgafist; October 6th, 2006 at 12:36 PM.

Disgusting.

The really sad and disturbing part is how many soccer moms were influenced by that. They will take everything that Rosie said as gospel. They will try to repeat everything she said but, will distort her views even further. I can't even begin to estimate the amount of harm she caused the pro gun movement in just those few moments.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher; if you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I don't think so. She's really not a sheep. I think she's a wolf in sheep's clothing.
    A wolf is smart. She is just letting the crap roll out of her mouth. I think he mouth moves before a thought runs through her head, imo.
    Beretta 92FS

Rosie

Let's just not give Rosie any more attention....................Ok ?
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

The so called 'facts' that those women were spouting off specifically B. Walters and that blonde lady sitting next to her were largely bogus.
    Obviously they are very much uninformed. Rosie citing her stats as well was largely ignorant.
    Even the Elizabeth woman was short on her facts but should gamely treid to support what area she did have some knowledge toward and admitted to not knowing toward those areas she did not, unlike th other three.

The problem shown here is exactly what goes on in many households and minds as folks just don't know the facts.
    They know what they see on TV and now they'll run with what has been stated on 'The View' as being fact because Rosie & B. Walters said it so it must be true. As well as hunters with AK-47s are the suck.

It's situations like this that are the reason why for those of us who are educated, are knowledgeable, are aware, and are able to emote ourselves in a way that is understandable without being "yellie" and to do so in a way that does not scare those folks to get out and explain as much in a sensible manner without being demeaning or calling them names.
    Elizabeth had an excellent poit in specific toward women who use firearms to defend themselves and again alluded to a very good point toward school personnel having the legal choice to do similar same.
    Sadly she was shouted down by the three other women who again were largely uninformed showing nothing more than their own individual ignorance and personal fears.

I feel like writing Elizabeth an e-mail ccing her associates in regard to the facts and those other womens 'facts' so that next time she finds herself surrounded like that she'll feel more sure of herself toward defense.

- Janq

P.S. - Elizabeth began shouting only in response to Rosie's raising her own voice and being "yellie" as she spouted her positon and opinions.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I feel like writing Elizabeth an e-mail ccing her associates in regard to the facts and those other womens 'facts' so that next time she finds herself surrounded like that she'll feel more sure of herself toward defense.
    By all means, do so. There was a link posted earlier in this very thread that would be helpful to you.

You know what Bob...I seriously sat here and watched that three times.
    I think I'll do just that, write Elizabeth a letter.

Rosie has some facts that are factual but is looking at the grass not seeing the forest while the other two women are completely coming from outerspace yet unfortunately they just don't know it or any better. Also to another person who might not know any better the two of themin specific might appear to be completely rational when in fact they are not at all.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Will Hundreds More...

children have to die, in school, before this 'nation' gets it?
    Arming teachers would never work...most teachers would run from a gun.

I'm a retired school administrator, who is now back in the classroom after staying out of the workforce for 7 years.

When I listen to most teachers discuss guns, republicans, Bush, terrorists, views from the... ...oh no... ...'the right'...I shudder with disblief. These people JUST DON'T GET IT...AT ALL!

However, a few well-placed, CCW'ers on the staff would certainly make sense to me...but it will NEVER happen!

Stay safe...protect 'you and yours'...

ret
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; October 6th, 2006 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Removed comments about Clinton...just read Bumper's request to refrain form political comments...fair enough!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

got about 20 secs into the video and nearly vomited...i cannot stand Rosie's tripe...she needs to be taken down a few notches to where the rest of us live in reality and see that there was *nothing* "more gun control" could have done.......ok...I see I'm starting to preach to the choir

Having not watched the video, I can assume the blonde chick wanted to discuss the other side of the arguement logically and was quickly beaten down by Rosie's emotional argument of "more gun control"---Yes?

If I remember a few year ago when Rosie was boycoting Kmart for selling guns. She and her family(for lack of a better word) were threatened, she immediately rushed out and hired armed security guards. Was a two faced hypocrite.

Ed

Ithink little Elizabeth handled Rosie very well. The experts on the "panel" are weel know for their firearm ignorance. I would also imagine that if one did a little real research, one would find that some of those school incidents that Rosie was blabbing about were foiled by school personel who had access to a firearm.
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

along with sending an email to Elizabeth we should all send one or 50 to ABC saying that we are boycotting ABC and any of it's sponsors because of Rosie's ignorance not only on this subject but what she has said on other subjects. when they anounced that she was going to be on the show they said she was not going to stir up trouble but to be objective and we can see how that is working out. let the network know how you feel if we flood them with enough emails if nothing else we will annoy the heck out of them.

ABC's email
    http://abc.go.com/site/contactus.html
    911 Government sponsored dial a prayer!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links