(MSNBC) Should Teachers carry guns

This is a discussion on (MSNBC) Should Teachers carry guns within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lets turn this around! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15142930/ the link to vote is under related comments and it is not good for our side right now. Moderator if ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (MSNBC) Should Teachers carry guns

Lets turn this around! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15142930/ the link to vote is under related comments and it is not good for our side right now.

Moderator if this is not in the right place please move it.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

Lots of news polls going on right now. When I last looked, the nays were way ahead. Go vote!

Note: You'll have to clear your cookies each time to multiple vote.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

He also acknowledged he would have to work around a federal law that bans guns on school grounds.
    Is there such a law? I thought that was up to the states and that some actually allowed carry on school grounds. I know PA law is very vague to say the least and that chances are quite good that you can legally carry on school grounds.

Secondly, I'm kind of curious how they get around that whole, we are one of two states that don't issue concealed permits issue.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

500Mag - 18 USC 922 (q) is the federal law that deals with firearms in school zones. Link:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...Cite:+18USC922

My posted comment on MSNBC:

Every legal resident in the USA should be armed (except in secure areas) and be proficient in the use of his/her weapon. Think about the average response time it takes the Police respond to a 911 call - it takes them several minutes to arrive! What is the victim to do during those precious moments when there is no armed police around?

If we are not going to let every one be armed, then schools should be a secure area - just like a court house. Having a secure school (armed guards, fence/walled compound, check points with IDs for parents/students/employees, search everyone going in, etc) would be the only other option to prevent school shootings. Gun control is not going to solve the problem, just create further problems for law abiding people - criminals will always obtain weapons (steal them from police/military, bring them from outside of the USA, fabricate them, etc).

there is no fed law prohibiting guns on school grounds, it is up to the state

This is what it was at when I voted. Of course we are talking MSNBC here.

Should teachers be provided with weapons? * 110911 responses
    Absolutely. The recent violence demonstrates the need for new protective measures.
    34%
    No way. Guns in schools would be even more dangerous and would send the wrong message to kids.
    60%
    I'm not sure.
    5.2%
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

voted

Wrong message? A liberal lie

Quote Originally Posted by tnoisaw View Post
    Guns in schools would be even more dangerous and would send the wrong message to kids.
    And what would that message be?

That your teacher cares about you and will protect you from bad people.

What is wrong with that message? I think it is a good message.

Only if they shoot better than many of them teach.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    to me the law as i understand it makes sense , its not a requirement , its an option teacher to teacher , and the firearms training i hear equates to LE ... that is a sad enough standard that anyone who wants to should be able to carry ... dont forget most officers would rather have a nice pen than a custom pistol ... and in all honesty they will use the pen more .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

If this were to pass it would open the door on CCW into "criminal free for all zones" everywhere. It would be great. My vote is in.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

I wonder...what message do they think it would send?

A - Don't defend yourself
    B - Guns don't stop violence

Heck--some BG comes at me and mine with the look and intent (and a weapon) to kill, has demonstrated as such, I would suffice to say that I would agree with "B"...guns don't stop violence, 165 grains of JHP love do.

Woof!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    as the late grate crnl. jeff cooper stated .. does violence begat violence ??? I hope so bad things are a part of life , and at least in america as they point to us no one is being drenched with fuel oil and set alight ... this happens a lot in countrys which are pc and ergo ignored by the old gurard media
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

You know I voted YES!!!!!!! I want my kids protected.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    hmm, interesting. As usual, the wording of the poll is slanted.

Should we provide guns to teachers? No, that would be a waste of taxpayer money, and there would be no reason for them to maintain the guns if they didn't belong to them.

Do guns in school make things more dangerous? No, guns carried properly by competant, responsible people are perfectly safe. However, incompetant, ignorant, or irresponsible people with a gun can certainly be dangerous to those around them.

There is no option that accurately states my opinion; that teachers, staff, parents, and anyone else who wants to should have the legal ability to carry their own weapon into a school, with a proper CHL, no differently than the right to carry in any other location.

That said, I voted Yes

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links