Wally world initiation

Wally world initiation

This is a discussion on Wally world initiation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I'm no longer a public carry virgin. Made the obligatory trip to Wally World for the first outing. Took my wife and our 5-month ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wally world initiation

Wally world initiation

Well, I'm no longer a public carry virgin.

Made the obligatory trip to Wally World for the first outing. Took my wife and our 5-month old daughter with me. Since our WW has a McD's instead of a snack bar, no nachos. Didn't get any ammo either. We did pick up some diapers and milk, however.

Very difficult to not keep reaching down and adjusting the rig. Not sure if I need a different belt or what, but it kept sliding about a 1/2 inch lower than the most comfortable position. At least I didn't feel like everyone was looking at me.

Congratulations, Yes a real gun belt is
    a must.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Several thoughts :>>> REajusting,fidgeting,checking,your CC rig is a no-no if possible. This is the point where we here will tell you to find a better belt/holster combo for your EDC.

Also the "knowing it's there" thing will go away with time.

You say,"at least I didn't feel that everyone was looking at me". Very true. In fact NO ONE was looking at you. I feel that people that CCW are always the least bit paranoid. Some more than others. Nothing wrong with the least bit. You'll find that it will almost completely fade away. It should never completely go away. It's a retention thang.

Lastly >>>>> You got diapers and milk but no ammo ?? WOW ! Never heard of anyone doing that. -----------

Get a Good Belt and carrying will become more natural. Congratulations on a good start.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

The more you carry, the more natural it will feel. Pretty soon you'll feel awkward when you don't carry. Thats how it worked for me.

Call Jim Speidel The Beltman here: http://www.thebeltman.net and heed his advice..

The more you carry, the more natural it will feel. Pretty soon you'll feel awkward when you don't carry. Thats how it worked for me.
    I generally don't like +1 posts, but +1 :D

Don't worry about getting a new belt or other equipment right now ... first thing you need to work on is mindset. Just get used to it being there, like it was a natural thing ... like a wallet or watch.

Just because you know its there doesn't mean it needs to be adjusted .

Nobody is going to notice.

Assistant Administrator
    Well done!

Don't forget too - what seems right now as ''1/2" low uncomfortable'' - is also partly just the rig's presence and unless that is going to poke out it is still concealed.

So, persevere and yes - in short order that awareness of its presence will diminish to the point of feeling normal. Keep up the good work!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

He didnt need any ammo, as his little girl is already supplying enough ammo to require the diapers!!

Congrat's on the carry... I am still waiting for mine; going on 45 days now, so probably 90 more knowing Nevada (Clark County).

John
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    Congrats,
    DO NOT go out and buy an expensive belt and holster combo until AFTER you are sure of your method of carry. You may end up spending a lot of money on a rig you will never use. Try a few "less expensive" options until you find one you like, and then get the "quality rig".

I also found that my belt was lacking, but I was able to get a wide leather belt I found at Wally World (hey a reason for another trip). It worked well for the first month or so until I was able to fine tune how I wanted to carry. Once I did that I got a good belt and holster combo and have not had any problems ever since.

I also agree that after a while you will not notice you are carrying. After you carry daily for a few months, you will feel naked without it.
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

JD
    Administrator
    Why is that Wal-Mart is the first place people go when they get thier CCW?

It Will Begin To Feel Natural...

and after a while, you won't even know it's there. It will help if you wear your holster and weapon around the house pretty much 24/7...this will also help the transition to 'normal feel'. Remember...EVERYONE...is NOT looking at you as if you had a hidden GUN!

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

jd,

It's just a tradition that the gun community started. Everyone must have their first outside the house concealed carry moment so what better place then a huge box store with hundreds of people milling around.

And you get nachos (or diapers and milk, depending ).

Also, if we had chosen a Bi-Mart or another store that is more localized then it just wouldn't be the same. Every state has a Wal-Mart, many of them in fact so it's easier to go there then to come here to the north west to go to a Bi-Mart.

Wayne

*actually, I don't really know, but above is what I thought it meant.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    jdlv_40, Don't listen to Wayne in the above post.

The truth is.......Wal-Mart is the place that all the people that are on the lookout for people that carry concealed weapons congregate. In fact,some of the employee's are some of the most trained CCW "identifiers" in the whole store. Also the garden dept. has hidden cameras in the Begonia's.

If you buy WWB in the sporting goods dept. a pic of you is automatically taken and emailed to the parking lot security guy in the little car with the orange light on top. They will note if you adjust your weapon on your hip or don't return your shopping cart.

I'm tellin' ya,Wal-Mart can be a CCWer's worst nightmare.

Never,ever, go to Wal-Mart carring any kind of concealed weapon. You will be delt with very harshly by their entire "associate SWAT team". ---------

Wally World

I don't know what the big deal is! Here in Prescott, AZ I carry CCW in Wally World all the time and never give it a thought! If your state law says that you can carry concealed and there are no signs prohibiting it and you have a permit, do it. The word CONCEALED means just that, CONCEALED. Neither Wally World or anyone else should know that you are carrying. PERIOD!!! DonL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links