First experience with officer after CCL - Page 2

First experience with officer after CCL

This is a discussion on First experience with officer after CCL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet No ticket for the other guy? Man! Yeah! What's up with that. If it had been me I would've gotten a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First experience with officer after CCL

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No ticket for the other guy? Man!
    Yeah! What's up with that.

If it had been me I would've gotten a ticket for driving stupid AND ugly!

Years ago I got stopped by a local police department on my way home from some friends house who lived like 3/4 a mile a way from me at the time. It was after midnight and right as I am turning in to the apartment complex where I lived at the time the flashing lights come on behind me. Younger officer comes up and says "Do you know why I pulled you over sir?" I said " No I don't." Turns out my right rear tail light in my truck had gone out, did not know that until he told me. He asked to see my license and insurance and I handed him my CCL and told him I had my weapon with me 9MM Feg P9M9HP Hi Power clone, I gave it to him and he put it on the roof of my truck. The younger office was very nice and professional about the whole thing. About five minutes later a cop in his 40's showed up and me and the younger officer are standing away from my truck and the older officer yells out at the top of his lungs "GUN!!!!!!" The younger tells him and I am quoting exactly "Cool it! He's got a permit for it!" The older office almost looks disappointed and looks at me and asks me with a scowl " You got any other guns on you?!" I said " No sir just that one thats on the roof of my truck there." He tells the younger officer "That's it! I am out of here there is nothing going on here," and gets in his car and drives away. The younger officer tells me that he knows that I am good to go but has to get confirmation from the computer first. We stand there making small talking and he tells me I would have been free to go before now but the computer is tied up because some drunk crashed his truck into someone's house that night. He starts telling me how the other officer has a rep for being pretty uptight, he told me that they don't let him out from behind the desk very often,. Young officer looks at me and kind of grins and says "Just wait to get your weapon off your truck till I leave." I drive the remaining 500 feet to my apartment to go home and go to bed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links