Good Outcome Despite Wretched Tactics - Page 4

Good Outcome Despite Wretched Tactics

This is a discussion on Good Outcome Despite Wretched Tactics within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This was originally posted with a view to examining the tactics used by the woman rather than an examination of the relative righteousness of her ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Good Outcome Despite Wretched Tactics

This was originally posted with a view to examining the tactics used by the woman rather than an examination of the relative righteousness of her actions in bringing the pistol into play.

Any argument against her actions under the circumstances is weak at its core.

And we wonder why justice becomes so twisted by the modern American jury.
    oneshot and Rock and Glock like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I didnt think there was much to examine re: her tactics.

She didnt even have the gun loaded. Did anyone question that particular tactic?

As for her actions....they certainly seem relevant to me and would be to the officers and prosecutors that would consider charging her, not to mention a jury if it went that far. An examination of her actions and related state laws seemed logical.

All seemed pretty civil to me but apologies for wasting your time.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    I did this column on the incident.

Frankly, a lot of bad could have come from this. I see there is a spirited discussion, and this is good. Do I think any charges will come from this? I'm not a fan of the Clark County prosecutor's office, but it probably isn't going to go after a mom who was protecting herself and her child.

The guy in this caper is pretty lucky. Say she had plugged him. Guy on the ground plugged, pants down, cops show up.... Who do you think the police are going to believe, eh?

What does a woman do when a man exposes himself?

You’re a mom on an evening walk with your 6-year-old son and you are suddenly approached “aggressively” by a man who exposes himself and then suggests that you stand there and watch what’s next, so what do you do?

What should a woman do when a man exposes himself? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    How do you feel about the Cowlitz County prosecutor? Longview must be too far from the State of King...

(I couldn't resist... :-))

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    the same time, I don't see that this situation categorically fits the traditional AOJ of grave bodily harm, death, or sexual assault (yes, the act is perverted, but doesn't automatically mean rape)
    Rape is not the only sexual assault. A guy coming at you "aggressively" while jerkin' the gherkin probably means you ill. Combine his aggression (which can be construed as assault) with his 'display of affection' and I think a reasonable person would construe this as an attempted sexual assault. Which is a great time for a DGU.
    Lish and msgt/ret like this.

When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
    -Harry Callahan

I realize ther was no knife...but still. I use the quote for effect.
    A woman and her child are alone, with a man with a masturbating man directly making verbal contact with them after getting within arms reach. I would hope she would assume this man to be extremely dangerous and treat him as such.
    Any less, and you are living in the a world of pixie dust and unicorns.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I didnt think there was much to examine re: her tactics.

She didnt even have the gun loaded. Did anyone question that particular tactic?

As for her actions....they certainly seem relevant to me and would be to the officers and prosecutors that would consider charging her, not to mention a jury if it went that far. An examination of her actions and related state laws seemed logical.

All seemed pretty civil to me but apologies for wasting your time.
    Yeah, reading back it looks like that may have been touched on...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

they aren't pressing charges on her for improper use of deadly force. so i guess she was justified in this situation. end of story.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    This is a lady & child alone! Shocks me anyone would say she shouldent have drawn on the lowlife scum preve.

Her only mistake is not being in condition one......Bet that never happens again!

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Ok, I realize that most states SD laws allow lethal force to prevent sexual assault. While admittedly offensive, I am not so sure I consider simple exposing to be grounds lethal force. There is no indication that the guy hit the lady with anything or otherwise acted in a manner that could transmit a deadly disease, which I would consider as justification. Unless there is more to this story than the article let on, I think this one falls into the category of inappropriate weapon use, which this forum usually denigrates.
    Uh NO.

I have zero issues with the woman unloading into him. A guy doing what he did, that close.....neutralize the threat lethally or non-lethally. Either way, get er done immediately.

All she has to do is state she was in fear of being raped and I vote no bill on a Texas jury if she emptied her gun on him.

If my wife was in the same situation, I want her to unload immediately to end the threat.

He has proximity and commits a sexual felony.

Moreover, tactically the last thing I want is my wife or any woman in that situation to wait for him to attack at bad breath distance, get the drop because she's waiting for the rape to start to absolutely positively justify the use of lethal force.

No Thank You.

Bang bang bang bang bang. Hello 911, I was just attacked by a sexual predator......
    grouse, ep1953 and msgt/ret like this.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

The only thing I can criticize the woman for is carrying unloaded. I hope she learned from this and gets some professional training with her gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TVJ View Post
    Moreover, tactically the last thing I want is my wife or any woman in that situation to wait for him to attack at bad breath distance, get the drop because she's waiting for the rape to start to absolutely positively justify the use of lethal force.
    This is exactly my feelings. I've survived a rape and I fully understand that this instance wasn't a rape...yet. My advice to any woman carrying a firearm is don't let anyone get to bad breath distance. Bad breath distance is too late. I wouldn't have shot this guy based on what I read in the story but I wouldn't second guess myself for one minute pulling a firearm and would pull the trigger if he took one step closer.
    MrsHB, msgt/ret, ep1953 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    This is exactly my feelings. I've survived a rape and I fully understand that this instance wasn't a rape...yet. My advice to any woman carrying a firearm is don't let anyone get to bad breath distance. Bad breath distance is too late. I wouldn't have shot this guy based on what I read in the story but I wouldn't second guess myself for one minute pulling a firearm and would pull the trigger if he took one step closer.
    I'm sorry for your terrible experience.

That is why I mentioned 22 feet earlier...Tueller distance. If a woman truly feels threatened....there is an imminent lethal threat at that distance which can be supported legally in court. Of course there are no guarantees, but the legal precedent is there.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

This dumb broad needs to buy some pepper spray before she kills herself. Idiot.

She must have attended the Barney Fife Tactical Shooting School

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Hopefully she carries every time to the lake now
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links