Good Outcome Despite Wretched Tactics - Page 5

Good Outcome Despite Wretched Tactics

This is a discussion on Good Outcome Despite Wretched Tactics within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by First Sgt Ok...I've sat here and read ALL the comments so far. I'm especially disturbed by those that have said there is ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Good Outcome Despite Wretched Tactics

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Ok...I've sat here and read ALL the comments so far. I'm especially disturbed by those that have said there is a question as to whether the presentation of her weapon was really necessary.

The first thought that comes to my mind is "disparity of force"...That in itself, along with the presence of her child, and the actions being performed by the perv, were more than suffiecient to present her weapon.

For those that automatically "pooh pooh" her choice to present, then look in the mirror and ask yourself "What if it were my wife, my daughter, my child, my grandchild...what if it were just a young girl walking in the park...would I want them to prepare to defend themselves, more importantly, present their weapon?" If you can still say, nahhhhh, it wasn't necessary, then I personally feel for you as a professed "man".

Someone mentioned, was the perv inside 22 feet. I could care less if it was 30 feet, 21 feet, or five feet. My feelings are she had every right to prepare to defend herself and her child. PERIOD

Should she have better training with her weapon..YUP...Should she carry loaded and ready to rock n roll...YUP...Did she and her child walk away unharmed..YUP So good job gal!!!!

Could she have presented her weapon, perhaps instead of saying "I'm gonna blow your brains out", a better choice would have been "Hold what ya got there buddy while I call 911" as she backs away with her child from his presentation...

Bottom line is, in my eyes, he's a threat to the lady...he's a threat to the child...As others have said on here, and this is an example, you don't always have to shoot when you present your weapon, but you better darn sure be prepared to if it's necessary.

This whole thread really irks me...JMO

^^Nail on the Head^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Could not have said it better.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatime View Post
    This dumb broad needs to buy some pepper spray before she kills herself. Idiot.
    Wow!!! That's all I have to say about that post.

To the lady's tactics - Carry loaded with one in the pipe.

To the lady's SA - you should listen to those feelings. The article stated she carried for the first time (to the lake) because she just had a feeling about that day. If you have a feeling that you are about to go into harm's way, and you have a choice - don't go.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

You guys crack me up.

Facts: she felt threatened. She pulled out a gun. Threat neutralizes without firing a shot. She was previously a sexual assault victim.

Stupid comments: it was only a 380. the gun wasn't manly enough. Yup, if it was a (40, 45, 9mm, 10mm, 44, or your personal caliber of choice), she would have been "more right."

If she was your mother, wife, sister - would you be glad that she defended herself? Or would you belittle her for not doing what all of you armchair quarterbacks think you might have done.

I'll close with a final fact: she pulled out a gun in self defense. Mose of us never have. Maybe we should be asking her for some advice?
    msgt/ret and 9MMare like this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by globetruck View Post
    Facts: she felt threatened. She pulled out a gun. Threat neutralizes without firing a shot. She was previously a sexual assault victim.
    With respect to previously having been a victim: in most states, at least everyone that I know of, this is completely irrelevant. Past actions, even by a particular aggressor do NOT justify a current use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    I wonder if the guy was "armed"
    Id say he was armed with a pork sword. LOL HAHA

Didnt have a mag in. I always carry condition (RTR) Ready to rock.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I've given some thought to this after my first instinct which was that she should not have drawn a firearm. I hold a pretty high bar when it comes to presenting a firearm with threat of lethal force. But after more consideration (and not being a woman) I realized that you have to take into account the nature of the assault. Although the perp didn't seem to threaten her physically, I think you have to consider the fact that his act of "flashing" (and other things) would suggest to any normal person that this guy is not psychologically sound. To me, this elevates the level of the threat. I think she did the right thing.
    accessbob likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links