P30 Stolen

P30 Stolen

This is a discussion on P30 Stolen within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes I violated all my rules, so this is a lesson for all. My wife survived major surgery Thursday. I admit to sitting in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P30 Stolen

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

P30 Stolen

Yes I violated all my rules, so this is a lesson for all.
    My wife survived major surgery Thursday. I admit to sitting in the waiting room for 8 hours of nail biting. When the Doc came in with a smile on her face and said "It was a success." I almost cried.
    2 hours later my wife was wheeled to her room and waved to me. An hour later she was awake enough to talk and she told me to go ahead and go to the restaurant we have gone to for 25 years to celebrate. Casa Molina in Tucson.
    Here is where I did wrong. I had my P-30 in a Maxpidition Remura as a BUG in the back of my Tahoe. I had stashed it at the hotel and when I took my wife to the hospital for surgery we talked about it and thought it was better not to leave it in the hotel room so I put it in the foot space behind the drivers seat. Her suitcase was on top of the seat.
    The second rule I broke, there was only one parking place left big enough for a Tahoe, in a far part of the lot next to the side street.
    I had my P2K on me and in the magic of the moment celebrating my wife being alive I left the P30 in the Remura in the vehicle. (I easily could have carried the Remura in as a 'Man' purse. I had completely forgotten that I had the P30.
    I was in the restaurant for fewer than 20 minutes. When I came out I saw that the rear window behind the drivers seat had been broken out. A crow bar had driven a wedge between the window frame and the window literally popping it to pieces.
    I have a very close friend who is a Tucson cop on duty and he was at my position in short order..
    We got the serial number out to every pawn shop in the Southwest in very short order. But, since these people have all of the attributes of professionals we will find the gun either in Mexico, or with a thug.
    Lesson learned. I will put a steel handgun safe in the Tahoe when the damage is finished.
    I will never again park in any semi-dark area anywhere.
    I will try to keep my happiness contained to reality in the future

Nothing else in the vehicle taken? If so, they definitely keyed on the pack as likely containing a weapon. This reminds me to record my serial numbers. Also,glad to hear the wife's surgery went well.
    Last edited by mulle46; November 16th, 2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Added to post
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: P30 Stolen

Sorry for your loss. Glad all went well for your wife.

Thank you for the post... I'll be heading to Tucson early next year for a brief trip. I'll keep your lesson in mind.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Happy to hear your wife is doing well!

The P-30 will be easier to replace then your wife! Althought my Ex got rid of 200 lbs of ugly fat* in one day!

I know the feeling as I had my backpack stolen at the range of all places in October. It was in my Jeep! I was only in there for 15 minutes! The only thing that kept my LCR from going with it was the safe I have attached to the floor. So they got my iPad and some info and insurance cards as well my UT & FL permits. The cards are a pain to replace. The permits took only a week to get replacement. It took longer to get a police report!!

* for those slow on the up take, She got rid of me!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Glad the missus is okay. Sounds like a major victory and a minor loss by comparison.

Do you have an NRA bumper sticker? Marine Corps logo, perhaps?
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

B A Yes Ft Huachuca enry sticker, WWA sticker on bumper, Infantry sticker on rear window. Yes, I marked myself.

Yeeks. As you have learned, don't advertise. I won't even put the little NRA sticker on my truck, for that reason.

Glad to hear your lady is well.

We have 3 close up photos of each gun, especially any special markings, along with serial #

Glad your wife's surgery went well. That's certainly something positive to concentrate on. It sounds like the BG knew what he was after. Yes, a safe bolted to the floor of the car would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill340 View Post
    We have 3 close up photos of each gun, especially any special markings, along with serial #
    ^^^^That's a great idea. I have the serials numbers written down and kept in a safe place but I never thought of taking pictures. I see a little project in my future this weekend.

Oops.

Good lesson for everyone. Cars can be broken into in seconds. Anything of value not bolted to the car can be taken easily. The dim/dark nether regions of parking lots can be useful for avoiding dings on the doors, but they can hide approach/escape by vandals and thieves, and make it more likely an assailant can approach without being seen.

Good idea on the little packet of data for the guns: description, features, serial nbr, photos. Been doing that for years, though it hasn't yet become necessary to rely on it for a stolen gun.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear you lost the P30, but it can be replaced. The important thing is that your wife is doing well.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Sorry to hear you lost the P30, but it can be replaced. The important thing is that your wife is doing well.
    What he said.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

mkh
    Glad the surgery went well.

A gun can be replaced but a good wife is hard to replace. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Thank you guys. Not only do I have pics of the gun, but my LEO buddies have seen it. If it is not in Mexico it will be recovered at some time, hopefully not after it has been used to kill a good guy.

VIP Member
    Few days are of this good day/bad day magnitude, but at the end of it all, you still had a very, very good one.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links