Got My CCW Today!

This is a discussion on Got My CCW Today! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats! Train like you fight and fight like you train!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Got My CCW Today!

Got My CCW Today!

Congrats! Train like you fight and fight like you train!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

2. Remove Ads

GH
    Congrats fellow Milwaukean! Have you taken the Wally Walk yet? lol.

I live in the same sort of neighborhood which for the most part is quiet but there was a shooting death & 3 wounded last week 2 blocks away from me & at least 2-3 times a week I hear gunshots at night. I'm surrounded here. I take daily walks at Havenwoods State Park & always go armed. There are a lot of places where a bum or thug can get you. Of cour se I go armed at least 95% of the time.

Thanks for your service.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Congrats on passing your test for your gun permit. As you read thru the forums here you will find a ton of good hints and information on carrying a weapon. Enjoy and keep safe.

Re: Got My CCW Today!

Congrats!

CCW= "Concealed Carry Weapon"

CWP= "Concealed Weapon Permit"

PTC= "Permit To Carry"
    Open or concealed, MN for example.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

Congrats! Nice choice on carry piece too.

I only wish Nevada would be as quick at processing apps. Still waiting on mine.

Congratulations..YOUR journey begins...Be Safe and as others have said, TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN...

Now, it's time for you to help the Lil Lady start her journey as well!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Congratulations!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Well today was my first cc day out. Feels good but "weird" at the same time knowing I have a loaded weapon in my back pocket. As I was out & about I paid a lot more attention to my surroundings so that's good. Went to the gun range & shot 150 rounds today. Man is this 238 sweet! Just so darn accurate & easy to shoot. Practically 90% of my shots were tightgly grouped in either the chest or head area w/ the targets. Great gun. Love firiing it. I found a place that gives a basic ccw shooting training geared towards the basic of ccw & self defense gun handling so that should be good. In my opinion going to a range & just shooting from a stationary position at a stationary target is not very realistic so I'm looking forward to this lifefire course.

My wife CAN"T wait to go out & shoot. She's never done it but always wanted to try & she just LOVED the look & feel of the p238. So far I have taught her the 4 basic safety rules plus the basics of handling & operating the p238. She's practiced loading, clearing, firing, reloading & inspecting the gun w/ snap caps so she gets comfortable w/ it for the range.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Congratulations..YOUR journey begins...Be Safe and as others have said, TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN...

Now, it's time for you to help the Lil Lady start her journey as well!

Those help. Thanks. So many acronyms it's hard to keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Congrats!

CCW= "Concealed Carry Weapon"

CWP= "Concealed Weapon Permit"

PTC= "Permit To Carry"
    Open or concealed, MN for example.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

Yup sounds like we live in similar areas. BTW - Looks like you used to be a "Bubblehead" from your USN Submarine signature? If yes, so was I. I served onboard the Daniel Webster SSBN 626.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Congrats fellow Milwaukean! Have you taken the Wally Walk yet? lol.

I live in the same sort of neighborhood which for the most part is quiet but there was a shooting death & 3 wounded last week 2 blocks away from me & at least 2-3 times a week I hear gunshots at night. I'm surrounded here. I take daily walks at Havenwoods State Park & always go armed. There are a lot of places where a bum or thug can get you. Of cour se I go armed at least 95% of the time.

Thanks for your service.

Congratulations.

Good for you. Carry with pride.

Congrats on your CCP. The first time I carried away from the house it didn't feel any different to me, except for my jeans being a wee bit tighter from my holster and gun. I trained with a guy that teaches and he is said to be the best around this area. Can you please tell us where the "lifefire" course is that you are taking? I am close to your area.....I am around the Racine area. Again congrats to you and be safe and stay safe.

The lifefire class is on December 9th up by Eagle River so I believe that's about 40 minutes northwest from Milwaukee. The place I found is called Wisconsin Firearms Training. It's run by a Waukesha Police Officer & apparently they do the lifefire in that outdoor range because it's setup for police officer training involving moving while shooting, taking cover while shooting, etc... So it sounds interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrntn View Post
    Good for you. Carry with pride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links