Indiana Pacers and guns!!

This is a discussion on Indiana Pacers and guns!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey wanted to share and get your thoughts on this: Police: Pacers' Jackson fires shots after fight at strip club INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Pacers player ...

Hey wanted to share and get your thoughts on this:

Police: Pacers' Jackson fires shots after fight at strip club
    INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Pacers player Stephen Jackson was hit in the mouth, struck by a car and fired a gun outside a strip club early Friday, police said.

Jackson, 28, told officers he fired his 9 mm pistol four or five times in the air in self-defense after he was punched and hit by a car outside the club, said Sgt. Matthew Mount, spokesman for the Indianapolis Police Department.

Jackson went up onto the hood of the car, Mount said.

There were no reports of anyone being struck by the gunfire, and police did not make any immediate arrests. Police are looking for the car that hit Jackson and others involved.

An argument involving patrons, Jackson and other members of the Pacers began inside the club, Mount said. The players said they left the club, but patrons followed them outside.

"At some point when leaving the club, a verbal altercation ensued that turned into a physical altercation," Mount said.

Jackson was limping but refused medical treatment at the scene, Mount said. He conferred with a Pacers trainer and sought medical treatment at a hospital.

The other Pacers at the scene were Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels and Jimmie Hunter.

Tinsley and Daniels also had guns in their cars, and all three players had permits for the weapons, Mount said, although Daniels' permit was issued in Florida.

The Pacers planned to release a statement about the incident later Friday. The Associated Press left messages seeking comment with Jackson's agent, Dan Fegan.

Jackson joined the Pacers in 2004 and averaged 16 points last season.

He was among Pacers players who threw punches at fans at the end of a nationally televised Indiana-Detroit game in 2004. He pleaded no contest to misdemeanor assault charges and was sentenced to probation and community service.

He was defending himself against the air? Had it been me I would have worried more about the car or the driver. I wonder where the bullets went.

Jail?

Oh, yeah, the little item of some weed found in the passenger's door. Couldn't tell who it belonged to. No charges.
    I think here in WV they would have taken the guns, charged the driver for the weed, revoked the gun permits and probably whipped their asses if they said anything. Ain't no referees here.

Fired into the air? There must be someone out there that needs a lot of money that can claim their property was damaged because of one of his errant rounds. Perfect situation for antis to capitalize on.

Anybody else, and they would be under the jail.
    Like American Express being famous or an athlete has it's privledges.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Jackson, 28, told officers he fired his 9 mm pistol four or five times in the air in self-defense . . .
    It seems like Indiana's CCW class could use some revision.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Hey, the air can be pretty dangerous sometimes, especially in large, industrial cities.

Especially to athletes with highly-developed and sensitive lung capacities and cardiovascular systems......

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestone View Post
    It seems like Indiana's CCW class could use some revision.

CCW class?!? What CCW class?

The State of Indiana has the same kind of government sanctioned CCW instructional program that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, Thomas Paine, etc. went through...NONE! If it was good enough for them, it is good enough for me...
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pakheat View Post
    Oh, yeah, the little item of some weed found in the passenger's door. Couldn't tell who it belonged to. No charges.
    I think here in WV they would have taken the guns, charged the driver for the weed, revoked the gun permits and probably whipped their asses if they said anything. Ain't no referees here.
    That's about exactly how I thought it should have gone down.

I think they got, at least initially, preferential treatment for being quasi celebrities / sports figures.

What I read in the paper today is that felony charges have been filed against Jackson, and I say "GOOD."

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoMarine View Post
    CCW class?!? What CCW class?

The State of Indiana has the same kind of government sanctioned CCW instructional program that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, Thomas Paine, etc. went through...NONE! If it was good enough for them, it is good enough for me...
    i took it upon myself to get a little training since i didn't have much handgun experience until recently.

Links