Going to the southcenter mall carry or not carry

This is a discussion on Going to the southcenter mall carry or not carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'm off to Seattle southcenter mall tomorrow I have ccl and carry IWB do I carry regardless or do I follow the mall rules ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Going to the southcenter mall carry or not carry

Going to the southcenter mall carry or not carry

So I'm off to Seattle southcenter mall tomorrow I have ccl and carry IWB do I carry regardless or do I follow the mall rules about no firearms prohibited.?

2. Remove Ads

That's a call only you can make. Weigh the consequences of getting caught vs going unarmed and make your choice.
    ValpoHawkeye likes this.
    Never forget. Never forgive.

Forum Rule
    10. Discussion of illegal activities, except in reporting the actions of others, is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law, even in your distant past.

This thread won't last
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Forum Rule
    10. Discussion of illegal activities, except in reporting the actions of others, is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law, even in your distant past.

This thread won't last
    I'm pretty sure it's not illegal. Even if they are posted, the signs in this state hold no legal wt.

To answer the OPs question...it is up to you if you choose to carry if the mall/stores are posted. If you are discovered carrying, and asked to leave, YOU MUST LEAVE or you can be charged with trespassing.
    sensei2, drkangl6 and pittypat21 like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

A few yrs ago, a cc'er did get involved in a shooting at that mall (I think....it may have been the Tacoma Mall). He was shot and paralyzed in the encounter. However he was not breaking any laws when he engaged that day.
    Fortune favors the bold.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

In regards to the Tacoma Mall shooting, there is a lot more to the story of the two people who were at the mall and carrying, and its worth reading about sometime. Good information, I really recommend it, do a Google search.

As far as the Southcenter mall... that is ridiculous. In my case it would make me not want to take my business there, but if I had to go I would carry, and if someone found out and asked me to leave, I would reply, "Sure, I will gladly leave and never return to a place that doesn't recognize my Constitutional rights, OR common sense personal defense," and i'd be gone! Never to return!
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

The property owner has made it known to you that they do not want your firearm on their premises.

You do not have a right to carry your firearm onto someone else's property if the property owner informs you that they do not want your firearm on their premises.

The property owner is not banning you from the property, they are only banning your firearm.

The property owner has a right to ban your firearm from their property.

Respect the rights of the property owner.
    Ksgunner, Ogre and Fyrfightr like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    The property owner has made it known to you that they do not want your firearm on their premises.

You do not have a right to carry your firearm onto someone else's property if the property owner informs you that they do not want your firearm on their premises.

The property owner is not banning you from the property, they are only banning your firearm.

The property owner has a right to ban your firearm from their property.

Respect the rights of the property owner.
    Signs saying no firearms do not hold the weight of law in Washington.
    sensei2 and pittypat21 like this.
    NRA

Don't think I'd be breaking the WA state law, but it does bring up a valid point of trespassing on someone else's property.

No trespassing is involved here: the mall is open to the public. I have been to that mall often and never saw ANY signage prohibiting firearms carry, except in the bar areas of restaurants in the food court. In Washington, that is a no-fireams zone.
    sensei2 likes this.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Well whats more important to you, being courteous and respecting someone's disrespect of your Second Amendment rights, or protecting yourself at all times, which nobody will notice if you carry properly concealed anyway?

In some cases, what you, or the Southcenter mall owners don't know, won't hurt them. It may actually save their lives one day or the lives of their customers.

Just my thoughts, i'll quiet down now.
    sensei2 likes this.
    NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Brademan View Post
    No trespassing is involved here: the mall is open to the public. I have been to that mall often and never saw ANY signage prohibiting firearms carry, except in the bar areas of restaurants in the food court. In Washington, that is a no-fireams zone.
    Well there you go.

Seems like a green light to me.
    Fortune favors the bold.

In PA the property owner's rules trump all others. They can have signs saying no CC or make you leave if they tell you to for any reason. In fact, here in PA, just because something is "open to the public" (like a mall) doesn't make it public property--and the land owner makes the rules.

However, if the state of Washington doesn't have the same rules, then why ask? You aren't doing anything wrong either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerfly View Post
    So I'm off to Seattle southcenter mall tomorrow I have ccl and carry IWB do I carry regardless or do I follow the mall rules about no firearms prohibited.?
    I'd carry.

For myself, when out and about in a state in which "no this-or-that" type signs hold no force of law, I carry everywhere it is lawful for me to do so. If requested to leave, then refusal will basically equate to criminal trespass (depending on the wording of the state statutes). If in a state where pretty little signage does carry the force of law, I go elsewhere.

Up to you, whether concern over the property owner's concern is sufficient for you to refrain from carrying, despite the lawful nature of your activity. Seems to me that the benefit of such a concern hardly balances the cost of being unarmed if SHTF. Which is, IMO, why we carry.
    9MMare and remington79 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I carry in my local mall always, even though it's posted.

Why?

Because the posting is not legal. Numerous entrances are unposted and the verbage does not follow the requirements of Tennessee.

That said, there are stores (at least one) inside of the mall which ARE legally posted. I do not patronize said store(s).

If signs do not carry weight of law, the worst thing that can happen is that you get asked to leave and you do so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links