Precarious Situation at Work

This is a discussion on Precarious Situation at Work within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm with Bark'n on this one... plus the registered letter to yourself is a good idea (but don't open it! that deflates the 'what you ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Precarious Situation at Work

I'm with Bark'n on this one... plus the registered letter to yourself is a good idea (but don't open it! that deflates the 'what you knew, when you knew it' idea of the registered letter).
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    As your boss what other felonies are acceptable at work. You never know what you can get away with unless you ask.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'm with Bark'n on this one... plus the registered letter to yourself is a good idea (but don't open it! that deflates the 'what you knew, when you knew it' idea of the registered letter).
    Or you could just go to notary public and get your documents notarized. Or better yet, file a report with the police and let them handle the paperwork.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

If the employee already has other threats to his (written) record, I would inform the highest level of management or ownership possible to have it added to his record and then let it go.

They have liability concerns that are much bigger than keeping the employee on.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    anyone else thinking if the guy was to get fired over it he might just "go postal" and come shoot the place up?
    Yes, and I would be as prepared for that as possible.

BTW, I used to work for HR and those incidents were often yrs in the making. (I got to research case studies on it) Disgruntled employees dont always return immediately...sometimes it comes after a long period of downward spiral and they return to where they think their problems started.

Edit: if he is fired, and knows you were involved, I would change ALL my normal routines...work and home...for awhile.
    oakchas likes this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

good point.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    In many states, the act of pointing a weapon at someone is a felony - Aggravated Assault - and you are still well within any statute of limitations. This is a legal matter and likely your report was tossed. Reporting it might open up a can of worms, but a smaller can than if the "senior" escalates his "joking around" to something more serious/deadly and more permanent. Sending yourself a certified letter is a good idea, just don't open it until you have to. Good luck and definitely watch your SIX!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Many good ideas were presented. I would also recommend that if you intend to continue working there you should actually carry on your person instead of just in the truck. Obviously, the boss doesn't care about the company policy on fire arms and if the idiot does go postal I wouldn't want to be running to my truck to get my gun.

Smart Carry is an excellent holster that provides deep conceal and I am sure there are many others you could use.
    Hoganbeg and Arborigine like this.

You did what was needed to do. If management wants to look the other way, that is their prerogative.

You now have "ammunition" if someone finds out you carry in your truck so I would just keep quite... its a done deal...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

First of all, thank you to everyone for the good advice. I have chewed on this pretty much all weekend. I know I didn't give a lot of specifics about my co-workers, boss, or even what I do for a living, but I work in an industry that is tightly regulated by multiple government agencies and I know from past experiences that my supervisor has no problems ignoring and burying certain regulatory compliance issues. I'm sure he's doing the same thing here. I am currently in the process of finding another job, but until that happens ( could take a few months) I'm stuck here. I also don't believe these are the kind of problems I should be running from or turning the other cheek to. I am going to draft an email to our company CEO (he's my boss' boss). At that point the ball is in his court and I'll have documented proof that I reported it to someone. I also believe that senior employee has an active restraining order filed by his ex-wife, which would at least bar him from buying a weapon, but I'm not positive on owning one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    You did what was needed to do. If management wants to look the other way, that is their prerogative.
    If management wants to ignore company policy breaches, that's one thing. It doesn't have the prerogative to ignore criminality. But then, at least so far, the one assaulted isn't stepping up to the plate himself. In that situation, it's hard to go much further, much like any other situation in which a victim refuses to press charges on a claimed assault/attack.

Seems to me the company's got management that cares little enough for its employees. OP, if that environment's not for you, then it might be time to look elsewhere.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links