New state new app for CCW

This is a discussion on New state new app for CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well back in Sept. we left Az for health reasons and moved to Or. to extend my years and after finding a place and getting ...

Thread: New state new app for CCW

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar

Well back in Sept. we left Az for health reasons and moved to Or. to extend my years and after finding a place and getting settled in we started changing plates on the car, drivers lic. mail and of course a CCW permit for Or. Now many of you may know that Or. has no sales tax but it seemed to us that the cost of many things were higher but still this was the place for us. So I get on line to get app for CCW to fill out and at the bottom it said call for appt. which I did and to my surprise and dissmay my appt. was set up for Jan 7 2013, well after picking myself up off the floor I said that would be fine and hung up my wife said well ? and I said my cane is going to be even a closer friend. Now the reason for the post is if you plan on moving here ( Or. ) don't lay back like I did get busy get your house then get your drivers lic. and call that day to set up appt. for CCW oh and don't forget passport or other proof that your a citizen. Now I will sit and wait and pray for the 7th to be sunny with clear roads and X the calendar and spend more time on this great site.

Must be a county thing. I didn't see anything about appointments on the Klamth County Sheriff's site, and all Jackson County says is "Monday-Thursday, 9:00-5:00." I don't think you have to apply in the county you live in.

According to the form if I move to another county I have to go to the new Sheriff and get a new CCW anyway its on line with all forms and my daughter in Portland said the wait is longer and each county is responsible for permits. Out of all the states I have had permits in this is the longest wait right off the bat I have ever had

Interesting... I started out with a non-resident permit ~25 years ago, and "converted" it to a resident when I moved into OR 15 years ago, so my only recent experience has been renewal, which I did a few days ago. It was a very friendly exchange. Southern Oregon is the red part of the state, unlike Portland and Bend. You might try calling Klamath or Jackson counties - the worst they can do is say "no."

I appreciate the info but from what I was told I have to get the CCW in the county I live in and thats fine and the Sheriff's office is very friendly its just the wait, never had to wait so long b4. Any way it will just make me appreciate it that much more.

That stinks..I also just moved here and got on line Saturday to set up my appointment. Luckily I was able to get in tomorrow at 1115. I live in clackamas county. I also order my finger print card for FL so I can have a few more options.

Here is a follow up...I went to the office today to get finger printed. They already had my background check done and I left with my license 15min later. That is the fastest I have ever gotten a Concealed Carry license. Very impressed with the way Clackamas County handled their application process.

Links