Few crimes committed by concealed-carry permit holders in Kansas

This is a discussion on Few crimes committed by concealed-carry permit holders in Kansas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw this article on the Star site. Thought others might find it interesting too. Few crimes committed by concealed-carry permit holders in Kansas - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Few crimes committed by concealed-carry permit holders in Kansas

Few crimes committed by concealed-carry permit holders in Kansas

I saw this article on the Star site. Thought others might find it interesting too.

Few crimes committed by concealed-carry permit holders in Kansas - KansasCity.com
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

See, See, I tolja there are good guys in Kansas, Rednecks mabe but still good guys....just sayin

good news
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Moderator
    Not suprising really.
    Here in Arkansas less than 1/10 of a percent of permits have been revoked for any reason.

The top two reasons are drinking and gunning and somebody going through a divorce and having a restraining order put on them...hardly what I would call "violent" crimes.
    msc8127 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by from the bottom of the article
    ...Palbicke(a criminal justice instructor at Washerburn University with 25 years experience in the Chicago area) said the community would be better served if people would concentrate on being good witnesses at the scene of a crime. "Someone comes in to rob a bank, get on the floor," he said. "Let them get away with the money and worry about it later."
    This is one of the most idiotic arguments against concealed carry I've ever heard.

What happens when the BGs decide they want to start killing witnesses?
    mg27 and accessbob like this.

Senior Moderator
    Then its time to kill them back.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Then its time to kill them back.
    Unless you're in a "Criminal Safe Zone"

I'll never understand that kind of thinking. They know who is doing the crimes and its not the cc holders. Guns will never go away, and we need to be able to protect ourselves and familys from the violent criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    This is one of the most idiotic arguments against concealed carry I've ever heard.

Me:Hello, 911 Operator... I'd like to report a murder...
    Operator: Who was killed?
    Me: Me

...I vote for being a survivor, not a victim.
    pittypat21 and accessbob like this.

Distinguished Member
    Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Washington, D.C.-based Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, said it’s misleading to limit the list of revocations and suspensions of concealed-carry permits to only those who have committed a crime with a firearm.

“It understates the problem,” he said. “You don’t want a domestic abuser armed just because they haven’t shot anyone yet. If they are beating their wife, odds are they are going to shoot her eventually.”

Vice also takes issue with Kansas and other states that don’t make their lists of concealed-carry permit holders public. Kansas only allows the names of those who have had their licenses suspended or revoked to become public.

“Because of the secrecy law,” Vice said, “we can’t know if the state is even doing its job of revoking licenses of lawbreakers. If the gun lobby really believes what they’re saying, why would they hide the information?”
    Because, Mr. Vice, the law protects against defacto gun registration which serves only tyrants and lesser criminals.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

2 things come to mind- You can't legislate crime and- surprise, surprise- the bad guys don't follow the law.
    mg27 and accessbob like this.

There has been more than one study that says CCW holders are less likely to commit a crime.

Who woulda thunk it??

Let me postulate something here just for fun. Since getting a CCP is not terribly difficult and many here want everyone that can to get one let me ask you this: If 100 percent of the folks eligible for CCP's had them (fill in your state here) don't you think the percentage of "crimes" committed by CCP holders would drasticly increase?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Tony Palbicke, a criminal justice instructor at Washburn University, has 25 years’ experience as a police officer in the Chicago area – working in the one state that prohibits concealed carry.

“The problem is people aren’t trained,” he said. “It’s not just about how to handle the weapon. After the first hour of training, you can shoot straight. But they aren’t trained when to defend themselves.

“As a police officer, I’d vote no against concealed carry. It complicates the job and puts officers’ lives at risk. I like to put my trust in the cops.”
    Any reasonable person knows "when" a situation has escalated to the point that it has become necessary to defend themselves. I'd bet the average concealed carry holder has spent more time studying self-defense than the average unarmed citizen.

Mr. Palbicke, just how does a handgun which is carried by a law abiding citizen put "officers' lives at risk"? Mr. Palbicke, since you are an educator at a university, please cite your sources which will backup your statements as being truthful.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links