CC'ing when fellow employee is terrified of guns - what to do. - Page 9

CC'ing when fellow employee is terrified of guns - what to do.

This is a discussion on CC'ing when fellow employee is terrified of guns - what to do. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Paymeister Certainly! And he got some good stuff to choose from. I just worry about the dogmatic tone I see from some, ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: CC'ing when fellow employee is terrified of guns - what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Certainly! And he got some good stuff to choose from. I just worry about the dogmatic tone I see from some, which imply that the ONLY way to respond is to _____. (No whiff of that in yours, of course.)
    Well, the fact is we are not in the mans shoes. Folks are saying what they would do under those circumstance. Quite honestly what do you expect when a question is in the form of a Dear Abby question. Speaking for myself I woould never ask for advice on an issue like this because I would be the only one that would truly understand the circumstances and what is going on in the workplace and their personal friendship.

I appreciate the SD advice and gun advice here but this is a hard place to ask a question that quite frankly can be answered by only one person: The OP.
    wmhawth likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Certainly! And he got some good stuff to choose from. I just worry about the dogmatic tone I see from some, which imply that the ONLY way to respond is to _____. (No whiff of that in yours, of course.)
    I calls 'em like I sees 'em and I'm sure that's how they "whiff".

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    How about getting a better concealment system?

Modified CBST with Velcro clips & a Velcro backed belt worn AIWB gives me 100% concealment without sacrificing access & speed.

Smartcarry, bellyband holster or something else for work could be other options. (Other than changing your carry method & system, I would just drop the subject.)
    GamesAndGuns likes this.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    The OP has to work out his and his workers issues on his own. Ain't a darn thing haveing to do with what he carry's or how he carry's matter at all. Only thing I think he should have know by know after some year is her working there is outlook on hunting or firearms as part of general conversation but it did not come up. Better look for someone new. It a world for of quified peopl out there so if she does not come around ,,both loose out.

Some times I am suprised by the info some care to air on this forums. Some things should be kept amounst real family or a shrink

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    Some times I am suprised by the info some care to air on this forums.
    And yet, discussing situations with "names changed/eliminated to protect the innocent" help us all consider situations that legitimately arise in many peoples' lives who opt to carry defensive lethal-force tools. The stigma's out there. Kicking around ideas/options on how to deal with it has value.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I was curious if the OP had any updates?
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

Quote Originally Posted by DooSPX View Post
    I know this is a pretty old thread, but I was curious if the OP had any updates?
    Nothing really exciting to report. I've continued CC'ing and switched to a Remora for the office which has worked out real well (still using the N82 outside of work) - and nothing more has been said. I think it may have been a bad time with lots going personally for her on that created the initial shock - but so far so good and I'm willing to let that exchange be water over the dam. If anything else comes up I plan to explain it's my office and my rules and nothing will change but I'm willing to help her work through it if she's willing to.
    Curzyk, Ransom and ccw9mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BillK01 View Post
    Nothing really exciting to report. I've continued CC'ing and switched to a Remora for the office which has worked out real well (still using the N82 outside of work) - and nothing more has been said. I think it may have been a bad time with lots going personally for her on that created the initial shock - but so far so good and I'm willing to let that exchange be water over the dam. If anything else comes up I plan to explain it's my office and my rules and nothing will change but I'm willing to help her work through it if she's willing to.
    I'm glad things are working out for you and your business. I wonder if she actually thought about it rationally, and see's that you are a responsible person who merely carries a tool to protect you/your family and your business (and her!). Good luck with the company, and your family!
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

Nonsense. I wear one every day and spend about 3 or 4 hrs out of the day driving for work. it's very comfortable in the sitting position. Just wear it super low.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Have you invited her to the range?

X2 In fact invite her and her significant other to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    My wife was afraid until she went and was given instruction on how to safely handle and shoot and then she shot and now she has her CHL and has hers with her wherever she goes, including at home. The hardest part is trying to get someone who is fearful to even give it a chance.
    X2 again. My wife was afraid to even touch a gun, after some training and several trips to the range and 100's of rounds, she has her CC and carries her own weapon.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    First of all if I was you I would not stop carrying at work. It is your right and you are doing nothing illegal. I did not read every post so maybe someone has mentioned this but I think it might be a good idea to do some research and find some news articles on where people in businesses similar to yours have had to defend themselves with a firearm and show these to her and maybe that might help to show her why you have decided and why it is important to her for you to carry because even though it is a slim chance but it might save her life someday.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    No one is beyond replacement. This is not your problem, it is hers to figure out. I don't see any further issue.
    Glockman has the answer right here. And, YOU are the boss, not her. If she can't deal with her phobia, she knows where the front door is.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    No one is beyond replacement. This is not your problem, it is hers to figure out. I don't see any further issue.
    Two words.

FIRE her.

Suggest she move to Illinois, California, NY, NJ, Taxachusetts, Maryland, Connecticut or Colorado. She'll feel safer in those bastions of Freedom.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I would offer to send her to a firearms training class, hosted by a competent instructor. A lot of times this fear is generated because they don't know that the gun is nothing to be afraid of, and learning about the guns and how they operate, some good basic firearms safety, maybe even shoot a little. Long story short, ignorance breeds fear, education breeds another gun enthusiast.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Sponsored Links