chest rig

chest rig

This is a discussion on chest rig within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a chest rig to concealed carry my 1911. I am a smaller guy, 5'8" and 150 lbs. A shoulder rig prints too much. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chest rig

chest rig

Looking for a chest rig to concealed carry my 1911. I am a smaller guy, 5'8" and 150 lbs. A shoulder rig prints too much. Any ideas for something with maybe slight cant to it for easier draw? Will be carrying under a jacket, coat, or zip up sweatshirt. Googled some options and not seeing anything i think would work. Any ideas would help. Thanks. Kyle.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    A friend of mine wears the Galco Belly Band...a little above and on the side of the belly and it really doesn't print at all with a loose shirt.

I have a chest sheath for my .357 sig converted GLOCK G24 (coyote pistol) to use when I ride my 4 Wheeler. It might work as a concealed holter.

SURVIVAL SHEATH SYSTEMS : Kydex Shoulder and Chest Holsters.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Chest rig or shoulder holster? I am 6'1 205 and have a hard time with printing with my G23 in a shoulder hoster unless I'm wearing a coat. Thats why it stays in the holster drawer until it gets cold out.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I have a chest sheath for my .357 sig converted GLOCK G24 (coyote pistol) to use when I ride my 4 Wheeler. It might work as a concealed holter.

SURVIVAL SHEATH SYSTEMS : Kydex Shoulder and Chest Holsters.
    Thanks ghost tracker. Thats exactly what i was looking for the most part. Just wish they made it in leather. Oh well. Beggers cant be choosers. Hows the noise when walk? Quiet?

Simply Rugged Holsters sells chest harnesses to use with their pancake holsters.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Found this with a quick search - not sure if they still exist, but the picture looks like what you're looking for. Don't think it's leather though... Hill People Gear | Home

Austin

Wow thanks for all the help guys. I work alot so i dont have time to shop online for all this especially with a 7 month pregnant wife. You guys are awesome. Really like the simply rugged holter with chest puller harness too, Woodlark. And its leather. I guess its spend $75 for what works or $120 for what i want. Hmm....

Distinguished Member
    Second on Simply Rugged. You can convert the rig to IWB and OWB as well.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Something else to consider for "deep conceal":
    Kangaroo Carry

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Your bigger than my son-in-law and both girls. They have scaled a firarm to the needs . How are you going to carry when temps warm to the 90* range. Maybe the smart thing to do is find a firearm you can CC in one location year round. Maybe a small 1911 , kahr in 9mm 40 or 45 or smaller 9mm cartidge from KT with the 10 to 12 shot p11 or xd or m&p. or or . The chest rig sounds like a temp fix.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    Your bigger than my son-in-law and both girls. They have scaled a firarm to the needs . How are you going to carry when temps warm to the 90* range. Maybe the smart thing to do is find a firearm you can CC in one location year round. Maybe a small 1911 , kahr in 9mm 40 or 45 or smaller 9mm cartidge from KT with the 10 to 12 shot p11 or xd or m&p. or or . The chest rig sounds like a temp fix.
    I have other firearms more suited for summer carry. Ruger lcp with a pocket holster is my favorite in the summer when we are all down to shorts and tshirts. Hornady critical defense hollowpoints is my round of choice, a mean little round for a .380 with practice and well placed shots. Unfortunately with the holiday season coming, there has been an increase in muggings and robberies, armed none the less. And with the colder months upon us, it gives me the opportunity to carry something a little bigger. I've not carried my 1911 in the past so I am looking for ways to make it work. The way i carry and what i carry changes through out the year. The .380 in the summer when penetration through heavy clothing is not needed and a light firearm is preferred and a 9mm in the winter when thuggs are more covered up. I am now just upping the anti to the 1911 in .45 acp because i now have two people in my life to protect, my wife and my unborn son. So i thank you for the idea but due to limited funds, i don't have the luxury to go out and buy a new firearm for $400-600. Happy holidays to you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Second on Simply Rugged. You can convert the rig to IWB and OWB as well.
    Thanks for the tip svgheartland. That make the simply rugged a lot more attractive now. I like it!

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Give your self a few years CC'n and you will learn what works for your life style and you will make some new choice and changes. Good luck .

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SSVaquero View Post
    Thanks ghost tracker. Thats exactly what i was looking for the most part. Just wish they made it in leather. Oh well. Beggers cant be choosers. Hows the noise when walk? Quiet?
    I am not Ghost Tracker, but yes, the Survival Sheath Systems rigs are quiet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links