For winter carry i would buy this...how about you - Page 2

For winter carry i would buy this...how about you

This is a discussion on For winter carry i would buy this...how about you within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Of course, most of the year, here, most people are packing anyway! I love everywhere in...the SEC! Go 'Dogs. gggGGGGGGo 'Cats!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: For winter carry i would buy this...how about you

Of course, most of the year, here, most people are packing anyway!
    I love everywhere in...the SEC! Go 'Dogs. gggGGGGGGo 'Cats!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

GH
    I normally tuck a sweat shirt behind the gun & holster so they're clear for drawing & then wear a jacket over that. Essentially the same effect as a slit in the shirt. It works good for appendix carry or 3:00-4:00 positions. Just before I take the jacket off I drape the shirt back into normal position. Depending on which jacket I'm wearing I can do that without even unzipping.

As with any type of carrying make several practice draws before venturing out to make sure everything is clear.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I have 2 positions I use year round no matter if its 100* or 10* below, front pocket or over the pocket iwb. Same location on my body for 26 years. No change for winter clothing. Why would you change anything. You go in a nice warm building if cold out side, jackets come off and now what? With no changes if somethin goes sideways and you just changed carry possition of your pistol is no longer where it was for the last number of months and you may grab for the wrong spot.

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    These are sweaters, shirts, sweats for wearing in cold climates that allow your weapon to be exposed under your jacket without having to lift the sweater, shirt or sweat top to access your weapon. l

They have an elastic slot on the side that opens and tucks around and behind your holster (assuming you carry on your belt as I do....looks sorta like this picture of a guy in gray slacks and a dark red sweater.

You can throw on a coat and you're good to go......

Attachment 64628
    Sounds good! Who sells these?

Thanks

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Detective....no one currently, I am having these items made locally for my personal use but there are some who are looking at going national with this product if it is viable.

I just carry OWB and Virginia tuck it under a jacket and call it a day. But I don't like overcomplicating a solution.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

My winter carry is the same as any other time of the year. Chances are I'm going to take my coat/sweatshirt off when I get where I'm going.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    vista461 seems some guys never go indoors to a warm area during the winter time.
    vista461 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    nope...doesn't grab me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links