WATCH!: How FAST An Attack Happens, And How Quickly You Can Go Down: - Page 4

WATCH!: How FAST An Attack Happens, And How Quickly You Can Go Down:

This is a discussion on WATCH!: How FAST An Attack Happens, And How Quickly You Can Go Down: within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ironmike86 It was a Blond side attack. They happen in the Usa also as well as home invasions. Had 3 in one ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: WATCH!: How FAST An Attack Happens, And How Quickly You Can Go Down:

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    It was a Blond side attack. They happen in the Usa also as well as home invasions. Had 3 in one
    day in my area.....Something to be said about having cameras in the City. They may have never caught him and he could still be doing it.
    True, it's the cameras that resolved this specific instance.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Ex Member
    [QUOTE=ironmike86;2462361]
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    How did she look Muslim??? Didn't to me. Not saying she wasn't but maybe she didn't give him time of day and he got pissed.???

Blind siding anyone is bad, a woman? Even worse.

HOWEVER. In a Muslim country a 'punch' is the least that would happen to a Christian woman.

VIP Member
    It appears the quote option button is really doing funny things here in this thread, so I don't know who to direct this to.

She ALMOST appeared to look to me at least because of her darker hair, and headscarf/veil thingy that she almost could have been possibly Muslim.
    Not saying I justify the attack if thats the reason; he's a worthless piece of human garbage anyway you slice it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I wondered the same thing - honor attack against a Muslim woman (e.g. payback of some sort from family) ? Without the background all we know is it was an effective and vicious attack.
    In principle, principle and practice are the same, but in practice, they're not.

Just checked on this east London neighborhood, which is a heavy Muslim area, and the girl does seem to have been a Muslim.

Islamophobia Watch - Documenting anti Muslim bigotry - Vicious attack on Muslim woman in*Plaistow
    goldshellback likes this.
    In principle, principle and practice are the same, but in practice, they're not.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Its this type of attack that scares the living hell out of me. Little chance of defending from that type of an attack. That is why I never ever walk with my music in my ears and always check my back.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    Its this type of attack that scares the living hell out of me. Little chance of defending from that type of an attack. That is why I never ever walk with my music in my ears and always check my back.
    Good idea, not listening to music, using the cell phone etc.

What I used to practice in NYC in the 80s when I lived in Washington Heights, Manhattan, the crack capitol of the world: when walking, stay away from streets with no commercial or merchant presence if possible where people are around.

Walk like a cop: obviously aware and confident and walk with your right hand in your jacket pocket. If you act frightened or if you act oblivious , you become a magnet. Look serious and intent. Pull yourself up straight, don't walk all hunched up and walk purposefully and a bit quick - like you are on the way to give orders to the SWAT Team for a drug bust you're commanding.

BGs pick based on their instant sense of the moment - all you need is a slight feeling of hesitation in them when they look for a victim and see you. It's a feeling of doubt they'd be OK hitting on you. That's enough, they'll pass you, forget you and scan for another.

NYC is now the safest of major US cities, but always on any street anyplace - keep awareness if possible - like a driver should of the road.

Good evening Ladies & Grntlemen: for a partial answer to your questions go to --> Merry_Christmas--from_the_2nd_Amendment.wmv

Don Jose de La Mancha

" I exist to live, not live to exist"

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    A big reason why S.A. should never to be under-utilized. The pitter-patter of feet from behind you demand a quick look to see what's what.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Naw, I ain't giving up my iPod when I'm walking. I listen to podcasts, not music, when I'm walking and my goal is to maximize my benefits (health and education). Now, I walk quickly enough that someone would obviously have to hoof it to catch up to me, and I can still hear people running when I'm walking. I think that my greatest risk period is when someone passes me on the sidewalk (coming the other way), because they could blindside me once they pass. So, for this reason, I keep them in the corner of my eye until they're about 10 feet behind me - if they're walking normally, they'll not notice me looking over my shoulder (they're looking in the way they're going). If they've got intent, well, I'm not worried about creeping them out by eyeballing them.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Naw, I ain't giving up my iPod when I'm walking. I listen to podcasts, not music, when I'm walking and my goal is to maximize my benefits (health and education). Now, I walk quickly enough that someone would obviously have to hoof it to catch up to me, and I can still hear people running when I'm walking. I think that my greatest risk period is when someone passes me on the sidewalk (coming the other way), because they could blindside me once they pass. So, for this reason, I keep them in the corner of my eye until they're about 10 feet behind me - if they're walking normally, they'll not notice me looking over my shoulder (they're looking in the way they're going). If they've got intent, well, I'm not worried about creeping them out by eyeballing them.
    You hit exactly when I feel vulnerable, someone passing me in the opposite direction - and I do the same thing for their first 10' after they pass, keep them in sight with peripheral vision. I also try to avoid it to begin with by walking in the street by the curb if I see someone approaching on the sidewalk who could be problematic, or if traffic permits walk in the center of the street until he's far behind me.

I also have found that when someone passes who's a friendly often they will say a quick "Howya doin" or something similar about 10' before they pass you - and I respond with my own quiet "Ok" and a nod. I think it's a code: "I'm a friend; are you a friend?" I assume they feel the same anxiety I do at that moment, and it's like two soldiers exchanging the code word in the night - to make sure it's not an enemy and to relax the situation so a mistake won't be made.

My theory anyway...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links