Do You Carry at Home? - Page 4

Do You Carry at Home?

This is a discussion on Do You Carry at Home? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes....

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Do You Carry at Home?

Yes.

I'm basically a deaf guy. I hear noises, but can't identify "What it is, or Where it is". Like a door or window being broken. So I hid several 45's throughout the house, within a "quick grab" reach. Live in a nice neighborhood, but with a bunch of trash living literally next door to me. I have been waiting for the Bank to come by to evict the squatters for the last 3 years.

With all the home invasions I have been reading about, including one that went for his hidden gun......... the BG's made a mess of him and his wife......

I have re-evaluated..... and now keep one at all times on my person, excepting for the 3 "S's". Shower, Sleep, and Se......(you figure it out.)
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

I CCW 100% of the time unless I am sleeping. While sleeping I have weapon in a lock box that is in my nightstand. I have 3 young kids and a wife that knows nothing about guns so I have to be extra careful. The safest place in my house to keep a gun is on me. I also carry while playing outside with the kids and for yard work. This past summer I had to draw my weapon in the yard when a coyote started coming towards me at a distance of about 10 yards. I backed up slowly and it stopped. I then retrieved a long gun and took care of the situation. I am pretty sure that it was rabid as it was not acting right and should have run away. My wife had been working in the garden and stopped when I came out. It must have been watching her the whole time. I have been trying to get her to carry pepper spray when she goes out but she always forgets.

You never know what you will be facing nor when you will face it, be prepared at all times.

I carry a 357 Magnum AND 38 Special revolver on my person every waking moment of every day. (For those that don't carry at home I have to ask; "Where do home invasion assault and robberies occur?")
    David
    Only two defining forces have ever died for you.....
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Quote Originally Posted by dawei View Post
    (For those that don't carry at home I have to ask; "Where do home invasion assault and robberies occur?")
    When I read that 80% of accidents occur within 10 miles of home, I moved 11 miles away. I'm hoping I avoided those home invasion issues at the same time.
    GlassWolf, suntzu and MASSIVE like this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Yes I do. As a matter of fact the reason I went from 'I have no problems with what anyone else does but no guns in my home' to a concealed permit holder who carries daily is someone tried to break in while I was home, alone with some of my kids. So the threat at home is as much of a concern as the dark gas station parking lot. I carry from when I wake until I go to sleep at night, except now on work days but even then I usually put it on when I get home in the evening. My husband often gives me a hard time "really?! You're carrying?!" but what movitated me to get a gun in the first place was keeping us safe here.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I always carry at home...yesterday I received a certified mail that I had to sign for...the maillady noticed my holstered Sig Sauer and asked me about it. We had a nice conversation about her gun and mine...she carries a Sig Sauer p238 like my wife's. I didn't ask her if she was carrying at that time. I suspect she couldn't carry on duty.

Yes, I almost always carry. The few times I don't (relaxing in my shorts) my ruger goes from room to room with me.

When I first started carrying I made the same mistake as many people and planned out my day and then tried to decide if I should carry to all of those places. Then I read an article by Kathy Jackson that adjusted my attitude. To paraphrase she basically said I don't carry a gun to or for certain places, I am always armed, that is my default setting. If I go somewhere without being armed it is because I have made the concious decision to leave it behind for that situation.

I adopted this and find that it takes all of the "I wonder if I should carry" stress out of my mind.

yes. as much as i can - on my hip or in my pocket. during sleep, a gun on my nightstand (i live alone). and a gun in the bathroom for when i'm showering.

or a living
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Are you kidding? Where do you think all the loot stolen from "good" neighborhoods goes? The number of welfare folks rolling out the big screens (that I can't afford!) at Walmart tells me that's exactly where I'd go. The "poor" neighborhoods are where all the Escalades with $1000 wheels are located. More goodies; fewer alarms systems.
    thats for sure we work and they spend it, traded food stamps for cash or credit cards that wil never get paid. while you and i work for the little things
    YES I carry, the only place I don't is inside the fence at work
    Last edited by OD*; November 23rd, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Generally I don't carry at home. While I probably should I don't for a few reasons (some good and some not). The first and worst reason is laziness. The next is that I keep all the doors locks and anyone entering would have to breach two locked doors. My bedroom is upstairs and is also locked when I'm within. I doubt anyone could defeat both doors and get to me before I could get to a firearm, normally no more than a few steps away.

Yes, unless I'm wearing loose baggy shorts or in my skivvies. I don't have any young children living at home, but do have a 3 year old granddaughter who's here frequently. I know if my gun is in my waistband I'm in control of it. Whatever I'm not carrying is locked in the safe.

Me and the wife both wear our guns in the home and the yard. We're ordering the wife a Remora IWB Original clip-less holster for when she wears boxers or jogging pants or pajama pants around the house so she will always have it on her. Because you never know where you will be when/if someone breaks in your home, I don't care if you have guns scattered every 10 feet in your house chances are you won't be able to get to one in an emergency. And if someone sneaks in quietly you may not know until they're right in front of you, in that scenario you'd sure be glad you had your pistol strapped to your side. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by AVGuy View Post
    Yes, unless I'm wearing loose baggy shorts or in my skivvies. I don't have any young children living at home, but do have a 3 year old granddaughter who's here frequently. I know if my gun is in my waistband I'm in control of it. Whatever I'm not carrying is locked in the safe.
    You should look into Remora holsters, in fact they have a black Friday sale going on tomorrow for 15% off, these holsters allow you to wear your holster with baggy shorts as they do not need a belt to clip to. Something to think about. They are very comfortable and receive great reviews from everyone.

allways carrying at home

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links