Do You Carry at Home? - Page 6

Do You Carry at Home?

This is a discussion on Do You Carry at Home? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not really, at home I have the advantage of the dogs (wish I could bring them everywhere). It's a level of risk that I'm comfortable ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Do You Carry at Home?

Not really, at home I have the advantage of the dogs (wish I could bring them everywhere). It's a level of risk that I'm comfortable with.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Yes.. and no. when I'm out in the yard and going to be more than a few yards to the garage Ill grab a 22 pistol. Its mostly for skunks, snakes and ground squirrels. but around the house, no. We have not had a Trick or Treater in 12 years. the last door to door salesman was over a year ago. My house is more than 100yds off the road and through two locked gates. We dont get a lot of visitors without a call first, and usually they ask that I open the gates for them. DR

Yep.
    At least for me, it's less of a hassle to just slip it on in the morning than to fool around unlocking, retrieving and relocking the safe each time I head out or return from wherever.
    It has nothing to do with paranoia.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I do carry when outside the house. Inside the house, I either carry, or have a weapon nearby, within reach. It is simply a lifestyle choice. By making it a habit, it becomes normal, not a burden.

Re: Do You Carry at Home?

Yes I carry at home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    Why don't you ask former police chief Knox if its a good idea to carry at home?

A former Detroit police chief was robbed in his yard on Tuesday, according to police.

Stanley Knox was approached by two men -- one armed -- outside his home on Marlowe at 3:10 p.m. Tuesday, Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said today. He struggled with the attackers, who escaped with some personal items.

From Former Detroit police chief Stanley Knox robbed in his front yard | City of Detroit | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

OR maybe ask these officer in Detroit if being armed would be a good idea while in their own precinct .

Detroit Police Shooting: 4 Officers Shot, Suspect Killed

Or maybe these residents of Dearborn ;

Obviously the criminal is more comfortable going into some areas than others," said Corporal Mark Parrinello of the Dearborn Heights police department, while trying to make sense of the increase in incidents.

“In one incident, the homeowner feels like she may have seen the offender prior to her leaving," Parrinello said. "In another incident, a lady took her kids to school and came back 20 minutes later and somebody was in her kitchen. She saw him face- to-face and told him to leave and he said he was leaving.”
    Read more: Rash of home invasions plague Dearborn Heights neighborhoods

Or maybe the folks in Flint Mi.

GENESEE COUNTY, Michigan — Three Flint teens arrested in Clayton Township last week have been charged in a series of home invasions, according to the Genesee County Prosecutor's office.

Demonta Callahan, 17, has been charged with two counts of first-degree home invasion and four counts of second-degree home invasion, according to the Prosecutor's office.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...rged_in_s.html

What makes anyone think they are immune from this is just beyond me.

You can't fix stupid.
    Me, I carry at home, way out in the hinterlands away from all the non-sense, 'cause I just could be next.
    mprp and guitarzNgunz like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by boatload View Post
    5 pages in one day. The paranoia is strong...
    I would say that the level of readiness and self-preservation is strong but hey, that's just me. I see that your faith in immediate assistance from government and in criminals not to target you is strong. That's great! The flip side to that, (you know, the glass is half full side) would be that the victim count is very weak here. My BIL's oblivious, fluffy pink bubbles and flowers view of the world like yours changed about 10 years ago when he was jumped by 4 punks that ended up stabbing him 7 times for his wallet. He lived, fully recovered and bought a .45.

Do I carry at home? Yes I carry as part of my normal, every day routine, not because I think that something is going to happen to me that day. I also click the seat belt every time I get in to drive, not because I'm planning on a wreck either, but as a precaution that if needed, it is in place to be employed to my advantage.

All the time? I wouldn't say 100% of the time; I'm about 95% paranoid.
    oneshot and Danoh like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

For the most part at home I leave it within reach. Sometimes I will keep it on my belt tho. I had a nice itw holster but that was stolen along with my h&k usp. 45 compact by some d*ckhead in May this year out of my truck.

Usually, but not always. If I've been out and about, I don't take the gun off when I get home. My normal EDC (75%) is a 642 in a pocket holster.

I'm not too worried about being caught unaware-I have a German Shepherd that alerts when someone is within about 50 yards of my home with complete access via dog door to the front and back of the house.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I am always armed while conscious, and have a pistol within reach at night. For me, there's no point in owning handguns if none of them are immediately available for defense.

I like dogs, but I would not rely on one for defense. A dog may alert its owner with noise, allowing a few more seconds for defensive reaction, but an armed intruder bent on destruction can quickly kill it.

As soon as I get home, the gun is on me until I go to bed, then it is on the nightstand.

If you can't get to your gun when you need it, it's useless.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Not always at home, but always nearby. BG would have to breach two doors before they entered my home. My dog gives warning enough for me to reach a weapon.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

A while back, a guy showed up at our front door at about 10:30 PM saying that his car had broken down and asking if he could come in to use our phone. Told him to move along, and he did - right next door to my neighbor's house where he was greeted by a 12 gauge. Ran back to the road, jumped in his car, and drove off. Since then, there is ALWAYS something in my pocket or within my reach.
    Slow scopes, fast cars.
    'Chance favors the prepared mind' - Louis Pasteur

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Being in a good neighborhood has nothing to do with your decision. Thieves and badguys know that 'good' neighborhoods have more 'good' things in them...with people who are likely lulling themselves into a false sense of security due to their being in a 'good' location. Your decision should be based on whether you feel that you would be prepared for most defensive situations with, or without your firearm.

I, for one, am always carrying.

This link is to a December 2011 poll asking the same type of question.
    Do you carry at home?

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Not always at home, but always nearby. BG would have to breach two doors before they entered my home. My dog gives warning enough for me to reach a weapon.
    Just a thought - I wonder how long would it take to breach someone's windows?
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Cool

I carry all the time.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Sponsored Links