Do You Carry at Home? - Page 7

Do You Carry at Home?

This is a discussion on Do You Carry at Home? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by boatload 5 pages in one day. The paranoia is strong... I'm still only at 3pages, at 2days. What paranoia are you talking ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Do You Carry at Home?

Quote Originally Posted by boatload View Post
    5 pages in one day. The paranoia is strong...
    I'm still only at 3pages, at 2days. What paranoia are you talking about?
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Being in a good neighborhood has nothing to do with your decision. Thieves and badguys know that 'good' neighborhoods have more 'good' things in them...with people who are likely lulling themselves into a false sense of security due to their being in a 'good' location. Your decision should be based on whether you feel that you would be prepared for most defensive situations with, or without your firearm.

I, for one, am always carrying.

This link is to a December 2011 poll asking the same type of question.
    Do you carry at home?

Just a thought - I wonder how long would it take to breach someone's windows?
    im not on the ground floor, I have a two family, 3 story home.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by boatload View Post
    5 pages in one day. The paranoia is strong...
    Hey! Just because I'm paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get me!!!!

Its either on me or in reach for me and my wife. MB500 is also in the bedroom. Wife and I have a drill/routine we run just in case a home invasion happens. Don't want to be shot in the back by my wife...lol..so we have our marching orders.

I wear my weapon all the time! I will not forget a friend and local cop I was talking too at my gym looked at me one day and told me straight up..."if you have a permit... you wear that gun ALL the time!!! When your pants go on so does your weapon... PERIOD!!!" I thought about that. I watched the news and all the stories both local and national and I made my decision. This is a lifestyle! It has to be what you beleive and not based on what someone else is doing. IMO If you are married... you and yours need to be on the same page with the subject. How is you wearing a weapon going to appear to neighbors or people walking down the sidewalk should they notice??? You may not care then again you may... the important thing is that you need to decide where YOU stand. The way I see it... if I did not carry one day and if ever something would happen I would be upset and say never again...I should of had my weapon! So today, I am proactive and protected. From this point you decide whether you want to open carry or not. Again just one more decision. Hell yes I carry!!!
    NRA Member
    XD 9 EDC
    Ruger LC9 with Crimson Laser BUG
    Marlin 30/30

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's either on my person or within an arm's reach...always!
    What he said!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Why wouldn't you?

I carry at home. I have heard and read many peoples opinions on it being unnecessary.

I feel that it is needed. As some say "100% of home invasions occur in the home" (I always liked that line)

Getting into the debate on if you would really need it to me seems pointless, isn't that the debate we are always fighting with why carry at all. If I knew when I needed it then I would quit my job and become a psychic.

Carrying at home allows me to open carry all I want (I haven't been brave enough to open carry outside the home). If its not on my hip its usually in the room where I am. In the kitchen I have a spice shelf that it is nestled on when I am doing dishes or cooking. In the shower there is a perfect "gun shelf" to have it at hand. In bed its within arms reach. I like always having it with me both in and outside of the home.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Anywhere and everywhere that it's legal for me to do so... Especially at home.
    The same applies for missus Whoppo.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

ALL the time ... under pillow at night.
    “To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

I always carry, home or away. In my mind, my decision to obtain a permit and to assume the tremendous responsibility of carrying something capable of killing another human being allows me no other option. Or, more simply stated, if you're going to carry, do it all the time. Selective carry could be bad news.
    accessbob likes this.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

Quote Originally Posted by BigRay View Post
    I always carry, home or away. In my mind, my decision to obtain a permit and to assume the tremendous responsibility of carrying something capable of killing another human being allows me no other option. Or, more simply stated, if you're going to carry, do it all the time. Selective carry could be bad news.
    A permit has ZERO to do with this discussion. It is about carrying in your home.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Suntzu, sir,
    In the big picture, I respectfully believe it does. I doubt many of us carry only in our homes, and in I would suspect that many members of this forum never carried in their own home or on their own property until after they had obtained a permit to carry in public. But I may be wrong. Still, I was just speaking for myself (as stated in my post), and was trying to explain that my decision to carry covers any place I go.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

Just side-noting -- I typically carry in my home. And as an IL resident (although I do have permits that allow in other states) it's really the only place I can legally.

That said, if it was permissible in IL, I'd carry all the time anyway...

Actually, it was the amount of home/property carrying that I did (along with a few other reasons) that pushed me to get the (useless in IL) permits I have... I figure "training is training" even if it doesn't exactly apply here.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

Of COURSE I carry at home. We live so far out in the country that we have to go towards town...to hunt! It might be early next week before the Sheriff got out here.

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    ...same applies for missus Whoppo.
    Whoppo, you're fer-sure okay by me, but does your Mrs. REALLY know you've called her...that? Mrs. G.T. would feed me a frying pan...in my sleep!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Links