Got fed and got an itch...

This is a discussion on Got fed and got an itch... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That itch being to go buy a new handgun. Heading off in a few minutes to do so, might as well take advantage of the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By buckeye .45

Thread: Got fed and got an itch...

That itch being to go buy a new handgun. Heading off in a few minutes to do so, might as well take advantage of the sales!

Right now, I'm considering the Taurus Judge 410/.45 or a Walther PK380.

I'm leaning the Taurus because 410 is a caliber I don't have but who knows. I usually go to the LGS with one or two guns in mind and leave with something completely different, so who knows. I'll be back to post pics of what I end up with!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I would do some DC searches before you head out to get that Taurus Judge...I'm just sayin'...
    atctimmy likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Re: Got fed and got an itch...

I've read all about the weapon. I'm more so leaning Walther. But j doubt ill bring either one I listed home. Goal is to either bring a new brand home or a new caliber.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I fired a Walther PPQ as a rental at the local range...I still can't get over that wonderful trigger. I put one on my Christmas wish list. I don't know if they have used that trigger on other models yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    ... Right now, I'm considering the Taurus Judge 410/.45 or a Walther PK380. ...
    I would opt for the PK380, and I don't even like the caliber.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

On my way home now. I ended up almost going with a 1911 but it wasn't priced right. When I get home, I'm going to check out prices online and probably just go that way.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.

I think I'm gonna scratch an itch for a Bersa CC in .380. No, I'm not crazy about the .380 but with modern ammo I think it's acceptable. I used to CC daily but went thru a phase where I got lazy/complacent/etc. Now I'm trying to get back in the habit of being armed wherever it's possible but I've run into a few situations where concealing any of my available handguns (Browning HP on the small side, FNP 45 Tactical on the large side) is impractical. While a .380 might not be idea it would certainly be better than no gun at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I'm not crazy about the .380 but with modern ammo I think it's acceptable.
    Old thread I know, but the Speer Gold Dot JHP in .380 is the best I have found even over Flat nosed FMJ plus it expands. It's what I carry in my Kel-Tec.
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

Killed a rattlesnake with my judge yesterday. That .410 comes in handy

Something about each of your choices:

I'm not a huge fan of the whole .410/.45 revolver genre to begin with, but if I was going to buy one, it would be the S&W Governor. For the simple reason that .45ACP can be fired out of it with moon clips. Go price boxes of .45 LC where you can find it, and you will see why. Often 40-50 bucks for a box of 50. Even if you pay a little more for the Smith, you will make up the difference in money saved on ammo.

I am not a fan of the PK380. I have access to one, and it is quite possibly the most ammo sensitive pistol that I know of. Or maybe tied with a .32 ACP Beretta Tomcat. Only 2 types of ammo work in them.

Aside from that, I don't like the lack of an external slide lock, you can't lock the slide to the rear without an empty mag, or sticking your fingers down in the chamber.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

JD
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Something about each of your choices:

I'm not a huge fan of the whole .410/.45 revolver genre to begin with, but if I was going to buy one, it would be the S&W Governor. For the simple reason that .45ACP can be fired out of it with moon clips. Go price boxes of .45 LC where you can find it, and you will see why. Often 40-50 bucks for a box of 50. Even if you pay a little more for the Smith, you will make up the difference in money saved on ammo.

I am not a fan of the PK380. I have access to one, and it is quite possibly the most ammo sensitive pistol that I know of. Or maybe tied with a .32 ACP Beretta Tomcat. Only 2 types of ammo work in them.

Aside from that, I don't like the lack of an external slide lock, you can't lock the slide to the rear without an empty mag, or sticking your fingers down in the chamber.
    Are you talking about the PPK or the PK380? Two totally different guns.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Are you talking about the PPK or the PK380? Two totally different guns.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.
    The PK380, which the OP was asking about.

The polymer framed, not James Bond one.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Which 2 typres of ammo work in the Tomcat?

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Which 2 typres of ammo work in the Tomcat?
    I'm pretty sure one is Independence ammo, and the Remington in a green/white box
    Sledge likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Links