Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun

This is a discussion on Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This thread smells like an infomercial to me....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun

This thread smells like an infomercial to me.
    thephanatik likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    high pockets....that comment was copied from the sticky web FAQ section in an effort to explain to Acepilot why they don't come out of your waistband when you extract the handgun.

Works for me!

I have never tried one of this type of holster. I like my hybrid holster for now.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    I have my doubts.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

1MoreGoodGuy....you need to get your smeller looked at...just offering an opinion like everyone else here does....works for me..if not for you then no problem...

mkh
    Doesn't this type of holster collapse when the weapon is drawn making re-hosteling difficult?

I prefer a holster that stays open so that I can re-holster one handed without looking.

Mhk....that is a true statement...it does close after extraction. Although you can reholster without removing it they don't recommend that action. They say it's best to remove the holster to reholster it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Mhk....that is a true statement...it does close after extraction. Although you can reholster without removing it they don't recommend that action. They say it's best to remove the holster to reholster it.
    Given that glaring shortcoming, what, precisely, makes you regard this one as the best IWB holster to date for any handgun?
    gasmitty and Mjr_Fail like this.
    Tuco

Mike1956....As originally stated...."for me"..it works the best I have found to date due to comfort and combat cut. I have no problem pulling the holster out to re-holster and re-inserting in waste band..This ain't Tombstone and I don't twirl the weapon 4 times to drop back into a holster. I do use a Mitch Rosen leather OWB holster when I carry in that mode and have no problem with it. Just have not found a clipon IWB holster that works for me.

Mike1956....As originally stated...."for me"..it works the best I have found to date due to comfort and combat cut. I have no problem pulling the holster out to re-holster and re-inserting in waste band..This ain't Tombstone and I don't twirl the weapon 4 times to drop back into a holster. I do use a Mitch Rosen leather OWB holster when I carry in that mode and have no problem with it. Just have not found a clipon IWB holster that works for me.
    I think it was the hyperbolic thread title "Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun" that Mike1956 was referring to.

Good to know it works for you. I had my very brief experience with collapsing IWB holsters in my early days of carrying concealed, and as a result I prefer something more substantial.
    Mike1956 and Mjr_Fail like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    First round-up?
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I think it was the hyperbolic thread title "Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun" that Mike1956 was referring to.

Good to know it works for you. I had my very brief experience with collapsing IWB holsters in my early days of carrying concealed, and as a result I prefer something more substantial.
    Precisely. Collapsing is a deal-breaker for me.
    Tuco

I have Sticky holsters and am very pleased. They are just as advertised. There are some things I wear that they don't work with (sweatpants), but overall, when wearing jeans the holster stays secure, draw is smooth, concealment is comfortable and effective. The one issue I find is that when out and about, a bathroom break can be a bit cumbersome if not pocket carrying.

Mike1956....As originally stated...."for me"..it works the best I have found...Just have not found a clipon IWB holster that works for me.
    How many have you tried? And your flippant "Tombstone" comment (IMHO) suggests that you haven't imagined needing, in a critical moment, to use your off hand for something other than your complicated re-holstering process. Like wiping sweat from your eyes, applying compression to a gunshot wound, etc., etc. I only have two hands & I'm not takin' both of 'em out of commission...to re-holster my pistol.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

stancehold...Yep I find even with my OWB belt holster the sit down break can be somewhat cumbersome if not careful..thanks for the comment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links