Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun - Page 3

Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun

This is a discussion on Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not doubting your personal claim but if I was carrying IWB I would prefer something that was securely attached to my belt and stayed open ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Not doubting your personal claim but if I was carrying IWB I would prefer something that was securely attached to my belt and stayed open after the draw. I have carried concealed too many years to trust gravity or "sticky".

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Royal barns....Possibly I would also but the clip on IWB holsters seem to me to carry the handgun down to close to the waistband of the slacks..not much room to grasp the handle of the firearm. seems like the clip on's I have bought and seen have the clip or the belt loops all the way at the top of the holster and the firearm rides to low inside the waist for my liking. If you look at my pic my LC9 is riding higher on my waist where I have ready access around the grip without worrying about the waistband or belt being in the way...Just have not found one that lets the gun ride this high off the waist.

1sticky.jpg

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Is the belt worn in the attached pics the same you wear with other holsters? Just asking because if you are having comfort problems with holsters, my bet is it is that belt causing you issues. A purpose designed gunbelt is always the way to go when carrying a weapon.

I have a sticky for my LC9 with laser as well and enjoy the comfort. Stays in place and doesn't move. I am looking for a good IWB with clips that can fit the LC9 with the laser but have been having trouble.

Alan at Remora sent me 5 holsters of different sizes when the original I ordered didn't fit just right. He let me keep them all. Sticky's are indeed thinner, but flimsy isn't really a quality I look for in a holster.

That being said, my single-clip leather IWB (from SideGuard) is still what gets used all the time. As nice as my Remora's are, they're actually less convenient to get in and out of my pants, being so sticky. They don't stay open. They don't "lock/click" like (good) leather or kydex. They don't match my brown leather gun belt like my brown leather holster, but that's less important.

They do make good car-holsters though. And they're unbeatable for deep concealment if you have the right pants, you can stick them way down into your waistband and there's no clip to show.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

matthew03....No..I have a leather gun belt I use with a OWB leather holster. The belt in the photo I use with the Sticky's as it offers more than enough retention to keep the Sticky were I place it.

BritishAgent...I would indeed look at and consider a IWB leather if I could find one that would allow me to adjust the height of the gun handle off my belt line. As you can see in the picture I have about 2 inches clearance from belt to LC9 handle as I can insert the Sticky as deep or as shallow that gives me good access to the weapon. Have not seen a leather or clip on IWB holster of any type that allows this.

I have a remora for a full size gun. Works great but it is a bit thick. Have not tried a sticky holste yet....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links