Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun

This is a discussion on Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Called a "Sticky"..combat cut...solid as a rock....neatest IWB holster I have found to date. Got 2..one for my LC9 (shown here) and one for my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Without a doubt...the best IWB holster to date any handgun

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Called a "Sticky"..combat cut...solid as a rock....neatest IWB holster I have found to date. Got 2..one for my LC9 (shown here) and one for my LCP..... Check em out...

2sticky.jpg1sticky.jpg

http://www.stickyholsters.com/
    Last edited by dben002; November 23rd, 2012 at 01:08 PM.

Your link doesn't work. You have the http:// twice:

Sticky Holsters - Redefining Concealment

Looks comfortable. How well does it stay in place?

What keeps it from being pulled out with the pistol? I assume something to do with the name "sticky"?
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Thanks hfjeff....must be turkey overdose syndrome....

Acepilot....yes it does...the outer material is one that clings to whatever it touches it.

Acepilot.....more about how it works....

How does a Sticky Holster work?

The outside skin is a super non-slip material that, with a little pressure, adheres to just about anything. That outer material combined with the inner closed-cell foam and the inner liner keep your pistol and the holster securely in place. In the pocket, it works like any other pocket holster. However, when you pull the gun, the outer layer grabs the inside of your pocket. Our modular products use the same "Sticky" material against itself to hold the holster and gun in place. In addition, with use and body heat, your Sticky Holster will conform to your particular gun, making a custom fit.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I have one of those for pocket carry of my wife's p238. I don't trust it for IWB because I had an unloaded gun fall out of the WB when testing it around the house.

It works fine for pocket carry, but I had to sew bottom the pocket to the leg of the trousers because the pocket came out with the holster. Now the pocket stays put and the holster stays in the pocket.

My primary carry is a heavy P239, so pocket carry doesn't work with that one.

And this is different than a Remora holster?
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

lchamp...I have not had any problem with this holster (pouch) moving around or coming out of the waistband at all...never....The inside of the holster is a different material (non-sticky) so the handgun has no problem on extraction. I really love it....most comfortable IWB holster I have had to date (an Jesus I do have a few)....
    stancehold likes this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy1933 View Post
    Yes it is, I've had both the Remora and the Sticky brands and (to me) the Sticky brand blows the Remora out of the water. It's just as sticky, not irritating, and more thin/comfortable.

That said, for me this style is best suited for around the house or pocket carry - I just prefer a physically attached holster when I leave the home.

Lindy1933....Have not seen the Remora in person but looking online looks about the same thing.......

Good for between the car seats etc. but I don't like them for IWB. Will stick with leather.

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    ... Our modular products use the same "Sticky" material against itself to hold the holster and gun in place. In addition, with use and body heat, your Sticky Holster will conform to your particular gun, making a custom fit.

Just out of curiosity and clarification; do you have an affiliation with Sticky Holster?
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy1933 View Post
    Their direct competitors with the same concept, both listed as being in towns close to each other in Florida(or was it the same town?). Its been talked about on the boards that its possible one got started by a disgruntled employee of the other.

OP: glad the holster works for you. I have a remora mag holder that carries my EDC flashlight. It has slipped on me, here and there, but very rarely. As a whole, I like it, I would still have concerns placing a firearm in one. Going solely off of the websites, I like that Sticky Holsters offers their mag holders with OWB or IWB capabilities and Remora doesn't,...But I like that Remora offers a sweat guard and Sticky doesn't.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

high pockets....No...None at all..I am a business owner in Kernersville NC who has purchased a few leather IWB holders with belt clips and found them to be most uncomfortable and extraction was less than desires due to cut of holsters. Ran into the Sticky holster at a local range and just determined it worked for me a lot better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links