No takers in CO Gun Dorms - Page 2

No takers in CO Gun Dorms

This is a discussion on No takers in CO Gun Dorms within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought we ended segregation in schools...guess I was wrong. CU: Excuse me, Mr. Bad Guy, the unarmed students live over there. BG: Thanks for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: No takers in CO Gun Dorms

VIP Member
    I thought we ended segregation in schools...guess I was wrong.

CU: Excuse me, Mr. Bad Guy, the unarmed students live over there.
    BG: Thanks for the heads up...That could have been real ugly for me.
    Cu: You're welcome. We don't want to see you get hurt while you are on campus because you might sue us.
    BG: That's very thoughtful of you.
    Cu: Oh, by the way, I think you dropped your ski mask.
    BG: Thanks again...I'd be so lost without you.
    CU: Anyway, it was nice chatting with you. Hope you have a good evening.
    BG: I will now!
    Hoopinator likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Wonder how big an uproar would erupt over an "Islamic Only" dorm? I'll bet it would be MUCH bigger than, uh...I don't know, maybe a "Baptist Only" or "Catholic Only" dorm. As long as we're dividing people up over socio-political views, we might as well sort 'em by...religious views as well!
    I remember reading an article a while back about Yale requiring all first year students to live in co-ed dorms. Some students objected on the grounds that their religious views prohibited them from living in a co-ed environment. The University told them that they had live in the dorms or they would not be allowed to attend the school. (Yale experience depravity for some-Orthodox Jewish students file lawsuit [contrast: woman only gym])

Seems like being liberal means enforcing your views on others even if they disagree.
    bigmacque likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

GH
    I wouldn't want to sign up for one of those gun dorms either. There would be guns on the premises! We all know how that would work out. I wouldn't trust one of those gun-totin' weirdos (myself excluded), lol.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I am a recent college graduate. I only knew 2 people that lived in the dorms after they turned 21, besides RAs, who got to lived their for free.

We were required to for the first 2 years, but basically everybody found somewhere else to live after that. $800+ a month to share a small room with someone and share a bathroom with a bunch of people is a horrible deal. I went the cheap route when I moved out. $250 a month to split an apartment on campus. Other people went the nicer route and got really nice apartments (the kind that give out free cookies and coffee every morning) for the same as what they were paying.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Dude, Boulder is a hippie town. You'll get awkward looks if you even mention you own a gun.

How I know: I Live in Boulder.
    Toorop likes this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamalJJ View Post
    Dude, Boulder is a hippie town. You'll get awkward looks if you even mention you own a gun.

I'm sorry. Couldn't find housing anywhere else?
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

The comments about most folks older than 21 simply not wanting to live in a dorm are quite relevant. Also, for a group of freedom loving people, can you imagine cooperating to the extent that the administration succeeds in "belling the cat?" When a person's CCW lifestyle includes being the "gray (un-noticed) man" going along with University policy is just goofy.
    marcclarke and Devilsclaw like this.

Dude, Boulder is a hippie town. You'll get awkward looks if you even mention you own a gun. How I know: I Live in Boulder.
    Yeah, who would have guessed after you called him..."Dude"?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Why are Permit Holders being singled-out anyway? IMHO, it's like having isolated dorms for...redheads or left-handers. BTW, Isn't Colorado the same state that recently voted to legalize recreational marijuana? So the word "shotgun" is okay if you're smoking a joint, but out-of-bounds if you're...defending yourself? It's like I'm living in some Science Fiction movie.
    I don't see how Colorado being pro-freedom when it comes to cannabis has anything to do with this.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I remember reading an article a while back about Yale requiring all first year students to live in co-ed dorms. Some students objected on the grounds that their religious views prohibited them from living in a co-ed environment. The University told them that they had live in the dorms or they would not be allowed to attend the school. (Yale experience depravity for some-Orthodox Jewish students file lawsuit [contrast: woman only gym])

Seems like being liberal means enforcing your views on others even if they disagree.
    Actually Yale is a private institution so this is not relevant. And I seem to recall a bunch of conservatives forcing their views on me when they discuss abortion and other issues. Either way it is not a fair comparison as Yale is a private institution and they have the right to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I don't see how Colorado being pro-freedom when it comes to cannabis has anything to do with this.
    Nor do I.

And I seem to recall a bunch of conservatives forcing their views on me when they discuss abortion and other issues.
    Please explain? How is discussing abortion and other issues with you "forcing their views on me"? Did they force you to not have an abortion?

Dear Toorop & Marcclarke, I was making a "shotgun" joke & laughing about the obvious irony, nothing more. I'm pro-individual freedom (and responsibility) in ALL respects. Please check my prior posts before throwing peanuts from the cheap seats. You may then more clearly "see how" I drew the analogy. Thanks!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Hey.... Next time I'm in the area I'll give ya holler and we can do an OC walk around town

The state is getting over run with Commifornians fleeing the cess pool they created in their home state..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links