Firearms at Work - Page 3

Firearms at Work

This is a discussion on Firearms at Work within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sen Roger Bedford who has sponsored that same bill for three years now cannot get it passed I wonder if that is because he is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Firearms at Work

Senior Moderator
    Sen Roger Bedford who has sponsored that same bill for three years now cannot get it passed I wonder if that is because he is a democrat and republicans control the legislature?
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

This individual has "pulitzer prize winner" in his sig line. I would have expected a top level journalist to have at least BASIC critical thinking skills. I fully recognize that folks who disagree with me on things sometimes have good, valid, well-reasoned arguments for their point of view. This is not one of them. There is not a single logically sound argument made by him in this entire article.

I suppose I am not surprised, really. My expectations for journalists are generally pretty low.

I would like to add this:
    My occupation (before retirement) was Electronic R&D Engineering, with most jobs being with gov't contractors. (Consumer products not made here anymore)
    The employers did background checks as early as 1966 when I was a quality supervisor (My first job).
    In most states, someone doin a background check, even at the Barney Fife level, would know if you have a concealed weapon permit.
    In NY stste, the county website will tell ANYONE this who signs in. In Florida, a list of CWP holders can be bought easily, based on the junk mail I receive. (God help up if it becomes a federal issue license..)
    Point is: almost anyone can know if you have a permit.

Again I say this: I am against p-assing a law which removes decision making from a business owner.
    We have OSHA, Fire code, electrical code, workmans comp, etc regulationas which cause enough problems.

That said, most businesses forbid employee firearms because some attorney told them so.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercapt View Post
    In Florida, a list of CWP holders can be bought easily, based on the junk mail I receive. (God help up if it becomes a federal issue license..)
    Point is: almost anyone can know if you have a permit.
    Your reply appears to involve rash judgement and assumptions. I've never had any indication that my CWFL info has been released, even the LEOs I formerly worked with said a separate search (other than the typical DL checks) had to be done by them to obtain that info.

If you really feel your CWFL info is being released you need to make yourself familiar with this FL statute and perform some followup investigation.

790.0601 Public records exemption for concealed weapons.—
    (1) Personal identifying information of an individual who has applied for or received a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm pursuant to s. 790.06 held by the Division of Licensing of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is confidential and exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution. This exemption applies to such information held by the division before, on, or after the effective date of this section.
    (2) Information made confidential and exempt by this section shall be disclosed:
    (a) With the express written consent of the applicant or licensee or his or her legally authorized representative.
    (b) By court order upon a showing of good cause.
    (c) Upon request by a law enforcement agency in connection with the performance of lawful duties, which shall include access to any automated database containing such information maintained by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Not only does my work (ocean spray.) not let us keep our guns in our cars they "warn" people not to talk about our guns to much or it may be perceived as a threat. We drew the line when they said we couldn't read gun magazines on our brakes.
    You should always be able to have you're gun in your OWN CAR!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links