Gander Mountain....I dunno about them......

This is a discussion on Gander Mountain....I dunno about them...... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes they have more quantity of guns than my local gun store but are also between 10 and 15% higher than my local gun store...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Gander Mountain....I dunno about them......

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Yes they have more quantity of guns than my local gun store but are also between 10 and 15% higher than my local gun store
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

I hear that alot from people, but i have bought 2 guns from gander and they have beat the local gun shop by 30$ or more on both of them. Yes their ammo is more expensive than wal mart, but ive had good luck with Marquette, Mi Gander Mountain.

My local Gander is always higher than my lgs. But I have checked out guns at Gander than had my lgs order one for me.
    2wheelGnnr, .45acpguy and rmxer85 like this.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

I quit looking at Gander Mountain........I got tired of leaving there disgusted. Their new guns are without fail at least 20% higher than
    any place else I looked.......so haven't been back since 2009. Apparently they sell a lot of guns to those that don't know where to shop.

...anytime you go into a gun store and see a beat to crap 2nd Gen Glock 17 priced at $569.....its time to head for the door. I did, and have no intention of returning.
    blitzburgh and atctimmy like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I like their store but don't buy guns there. Their guns are very expensive compared to every where else.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I too noticed the higher prices when I visited the Gander Mountain across the state line recently. If I heard correctly I believe they price match (as long as the other store is in the state.) I'm not sure if every store has this policy or if it is even something they advertise so you may want to ask them.

I believe Gander Mountain will match or beat any competitors price so don't go by the list price.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Maintaining inventory and display area costs money. Same difference in buying through the internet vs lgs. If GM didn't have the gun, you wouldn't have known if you really wanted it. Not real impressed with local gun shops anyway - lot of ignorance spread around there.

GM is very close by so convenience helps. I buy 22lr when they have it on sale. Sometimes 9mm too.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    My local gun store has been in operation for over 30 years, owned and operated by the same couple that opened it, and staffed by very knowledgeable people. Large inventory and good people to do business with. They know all their loyal customers by first name, and if you are a long time customer they give you an additional discount at the register.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    My local gun store has been in operation for over 30 years, owned and operated by the same couple that opened it, and staffed by very knowledgeable people. Large inventory and good people to do business with. They know all their loyal customers by first name, and if you are a long time customer they give you an additional discount at the register.
    I appreciate that type of business and would support them as I am sure you do. Good and friendly service means something to me.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Re: Gander Mountain....I dunno about them......

I've bought two guns from them they have haggle with both Guns allowing me to pay much less than listed price.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."Thomas Jefferson
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."Thomas Jefferson

They price match. I've had them do it twice on guns and once on ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by jdivence View Post
    My local Gander is always higher than my lgs. But I have checked out guns at Gander than had my lgs order one for me.
    I like that idea.

Distinguished Member
    Looked at a Kimber pro carry at GM a while back. Most of the internet sites were out of stock, GM had two. Priced $400 above the web sites. I did look at one and handled it, very nice gun. But I couldn't afford to pay that much more. I know they have overhead to cover, but $400 is a lot of coverage.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links