PA / NJ concealment issue ????

This is a discussion on PA / NJ concealment issue ???? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hopefully someone can give me an answer once and for all. My fiancee and I have now both applied for our LTCF in the state ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: PA / NJ concealment issue ????

Hopefully someone can give me an answer once and for all.
    My fiancee and I have now both applied for our LTCF in the state of Pennsylviania as we are both residents here. I understand most if not all of the carry laws and reprocity issues with the states around me.

My soon to be wife works in NJ however. I know she cant carry in NJ because of their laws, so what would she have to do if she had her firearm on her?
    I am thinking a lock box in the truck (between or under the front seats) for the pistol and put the clip in the glove box. What if she added to this a lock through the slide and magazine well is her idea.
    Anyone????

I can't imagine possessing a legal firearm in New Jersey and not being arrested for simply thinking about one.

The absolute best thing is to leave it at her current residence and not even bring it out and not take it when she goes to work.

You also may try Handgunlaw.us and see what rules and restrictions are posted there as well, but not having a firearm in New Jersey is best. Unless you are a criminal and don't care what New Jersey thinks but I don't think that applies to you.
    .45acpguy likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

As it is not legal to poses the handgun at her final destination (NJ) the federal "through passage" law won't protect her. It will surely mean an arrest and confiscation of the firearm. DON'T DO IT!
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Yeah basically don't bring a gun with her when she works, transport or other wise. Won't turn out well if on the off chance she gets stopped.

As the others have said...don't let her do it!
    It's a 5-7 year mandatory prison sentence for being in possession of a handgun (loaded or unloaded) for non-residents unless traveling through the state.
    Even Jersey residents who have a State of NJ Firearms Purchaser Identifcation Card...can only transport handguns unloaded, locked in trunk, with the ammo in a separate case...
    and then only to and from the range/gun shop/shooting event...or if moving to a new residence.
    Trust me on this...I'm a former NJ resident.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    As it is not legal to poses the handgun at her final destination (NJ) the federal "through passage" law won't protect her. It will surely mean an arrest and confiscation of the firearm. DON'T DO IT!
    This^^^^^
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Someone else mentioned Handgunlaw.us, I encourage you to go there and check it out. We have all seen too many posts concerning people that have been arrested in NJ for having a firearm in their possession.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Tmarkert View Post
    Hopefully someone can give me an answer once and for all.
    My fiancee and I have now both applied for our LTCF in the state of Pennsylviania as we are both residents here. I understand most if not all of the carry laws and reprocity issues with the states around me.

My soon to be wife works in NJ however. I know she cant carry in NJ because of their laws, so what would she have to do if she had her firearm on her?
    I am thinking a lock box in the truck (between or under the front seats) for the pistol and put the clip in the glove box. What if she added to this a lock through the slide and magazine well is her idea.
    Anyone????
    If she has her gun with her anywhere in the vehicle, and she is not traveling through NJ, she will more likely than not, be arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm (or something similiar). If she has hollow point rounds, that will probably add to the charges. See Handgunlaw.us for reference.

Her only option to carry to/from work is to work in PA or DE
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    If she has her gun with her anywhere in the vehicle, and she is not traveling through NJ, she will more likely than not, be arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm (or something similiar). If she has hollow point rounds, that will probably add to the charges. See Handgunlaw.us for reference.

Her only option to carry to/from work is to work in PA or DE
    ^^^^^^^^ That about sums it up, working in NJ sucks.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links