Can't get my hybrid holster to be comfortable HELP

This is a discussion on Can't get my hybrid holster to be comfortable HELP within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My advise is to give it more than a week. When I first started carrying IWB, it was not comfortable. After a few weeks of ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Can't get my hybrid holster to be comfortable HELP

My advise is to give it more than a week. When I first started carrying IWB, it was not comfortable. After a few weeks of carrying daily, I couldn't even tell that I had a gun inside my waist. You are still new to this as you said, so just give it some time.

2. Remove Ads

J_B

Man. I have a Crossbreed MiniTuck for my Shield.

It's so friggin' stiff.

I ran my Glock 36 in a Theis last summer. It took awhile to break in. It sucked breaking it in actually.

After that it was comfortable but I decided AIWB was for me after all that.

Since Raven hasn't come out with a Vanguard 2 for the Shield I have to resort to the MiniTuck and not carry AIWB.

I think I'll just sell the MiniTuck

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The only trick I found was to put the hybrid in the drawer and get a different holster.
    Yeah, I've tried a couple hybrids, and didn't really like them. I have some in leather I like, and some kydex holsters I like, but for some reason combining the two just doesn't work for me. I guess I'm weird.

First, carrying a gun is not exactly comfortable. If your looking for it to "disappear" and not notice it, that's more a function of getting used to carrying than actually being really comfortable.

If you are interested in bending the kydex, heat the edges up with a hairdryer and bend them to the angle you want. It's not really hard to do.

Also look at the cant of the holster. And keep it off of your hip. Wear it just behind the hip bone. You feel it when seated. But the hip area can get kind of sensitive and uncomfortable from carrying.

You could potentially soften the leather with some form of leather dressing. That would be the last thing I did before tossing it though. If the leather goes too soft it's no good. Best way to break it in is to wear it. If you can't wear it in, then treat it with something.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I gave up with on the belt IWB carry and now pretty much exclusively pocket carry when possible.

I started with one Old Faithful holster and now I'm up to three. I also bought a gun belt from them when I got the first holster. IMO, whether IWB or OWB, a real gun belt is necessary and makes a huge difference. As I'm sure you know, Old Faithful has a 30 day guarantee so I wouldn't throw it in he drawer and move on but really give it a little more time and if it doesn't work out then return it. But you need a proper gun belt too.

Mine is a crossbreed super tuck and it fits real well. same position 3:30-4:00. EDC is a sr40c.

GH
    I'm keeping any eye on this thread. Thanks for starting it. I have several holsters I'm thinking about getting & I just started researching the possibilities. I'm not really interested in IWB but it's still a consideration. If I have to go through hoops getting a holster to be comfortable I really have no use for it. Money is very tight at this time & I might just give up on the idea of a new holster & make do with what I have.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Another option is to move it back to 4 or 4:30. I have found that to be the most comfortable for me with my CB, and I am carrying either a commander size 1911 or a FNP 40, both full size firearms.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Another thing to add, just because everyone loves hybrid holsters does not mean that you will! I tried a hybrid holster any was not fond of it. Being new to IWB carry you are going to try a number of holsters before you find on that suits your carry need well.
    GH and BkCo1 like this.

I tried Kydex. I didn't work for me. Now I only use leather. It will conform to your body and is easier on your guns finish. Good luck.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

I use a Comptac MTAC around the 4-4:30 position most of the time. I have no issues now although it did take a bit of experimentation to find the sweet spot. Actually I think I changed the height more than the position. I rather miss it when I can't wear it now...

Looks like this in case you don't know: Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Bought a gun belt... Fixed the problem :-)
    pgrass101 likes this.

VIP Member
    I never had a comfort issue so much as I just did not like all the extra leather that my fat pushed out around the gun. It both made getting a combat grip harder and it also printed as it stuck out.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Doesn't look like the holster for me - so I guess I don't fall under "everybody and their mother".

I would not do anything involving a hair dryer to it - chances are good that it would void your 30 day money back guarantee.

A real gun belt will always make carrying a gun more comfortable and secure.

Where are you trying to wear it? And how would you describe the "discomfort" you are feeling?

I'd call them soon and ask to return it - the process may take a while, and if you end up deciding to keep it during that process....just don't send it back.

Austin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links