Renewal time for CCW

This is a discussion on Renewal time for CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just received my renewal letter from the state on Missouri, so i went to St. Louis County courthouse to take care of this. Low and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nsimps69

Thread: Renewal time for CCW

Renewal time for CCW

Just received my renewal letter from the state on Missouri, so i went to St. Louis County courthouse to take care of this. Low and behold i found out that it's free to renew (used to cost $50) as long as you live in St. Louis County, plus it is good for 3 yrs instead of 2. It was a matter of 5 minutes to take care of everything, couldn't believe this as i was prepared to spend some $$. Missouri stands behind all of the CCW'S out there!!
    Jgriner likes this.

2. Remove Ads

My renewal is due in 2014 and I hope it is free here in North Carolina but I doubt it will be.

Georgia offers no renewal at this time, at least Gwinnett County does not. Every renewal is treated as a new application. I know of no one that has been denied, but the state is determined to get their $80 every 5 years.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by nsimps69 View Post
    Just received my renewal letter from the state on Missouri, so i went to St. Louis County courthouse to take care of this. Low and behold i found out that it's free to renew (used to cost $50) as long as you live in St. Louis County, plus it is good for 3 yrs instead of 2. It was a matter of 5 minutes to take care of everything, couldn't believe this as i was prepared to spend some $$. Missouri stands behind all of the CCW'S out there!!
    I just took my CC last Saturday and my instructor asked us were we all lived and we were all Jefferson County resisdents so it costs us $100.00 the first time and $50.00 to renew every 3 years then he says if you lived in St. Louis County your intial permit would be $50.00 and renewls would be free! Good for you to save some money!

Michigan is 105.00 for 4 year renewal, and the paperwork still has to go to the prosecutor and before the gun board for approval, which meet once a month.

Thats awesome. Here it is a $54 DOJ fee and a $24 County fee. Small price to pay, although free would be considerably more constitutional, but lets not digress to that conversation...
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Last time i was up for renewal, i ran up there the week i got my renewal card, and my ccdw license expired before i got my replacement ccdw, i was so pissed, I also was appalled that the old expired license was NOT good through out the renewal process. Somehow i got it in my head that my old license was good during the renewal process.

I believe most of my problems happen because of the county in which i live, they don't like passing them out, so they dick around with the applicants. It took almost 6 months to get it the first time, where my bother had his in 2 weeks. mostly tho ky is pretty good, on ccdw.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."Thomas Jefferson
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."Thomas Jefferson

My license is good for five years so I have a few years to go before renewal time. As of now it's not free, but the fee is reasonable. Perhaps by the time I'm up for renewal they may do away with the fee. One can only hope. Of course I'm not going to hold my breath.

Links