New to concealed carry... Sr9c

This is a discussion on New to concealed carry... Sr9c within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just recently received my ccdw permit and so far I am really enjoying being able to carry my firearm on my person. I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New to concealed carry... Sr9c

I just recently received my ccdw permit and so far I am really enjoying being able to carry my firearm on my person. I have been carrying my lcp iwb in a galco tuck and go, but would like to know what holsters guys are using for the ruger sr9c, as I really like my sr9c. There might also be a glock 27 in my future

Thanks
    Sam05

First, welcome to DC! Second congrats on getting your permit. I can't comment on good holsters for the Sr9c, as I don't own one. I do know there are a lot of really good holster out there, so it may come down to just trial and error in the process of find the one.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the permit!

I carry my Glock 27 in a Remora IWB holster. This is just 1 of about 1,000 holsters out there. Good luck with your holster search as you will need it.

I know what you mean about trial and error, I think I have 7 or 8 holsters for the lcp. I have found that the lcp works great with no cant, just a straight vertical orientation, but in trying the completely unloaded sr9c tucked in my britches around the house I will need some forward cant. So if anyone has any experience with a holster I'd love to know how you feel about it.

[QUOTE=sioux565;2469867]Welcome to the forum and congrats on the permit!

I carry my Glock 27 in a Remora IWB holster. This is just 1 of about 1,000 holsters out there. Good luck with your holster search as you will need it.[/QUOTE

If you don't mind my asking where do you carry (ie 4:00) I love the feel of the g27 and the idea of a 40 cal carry.

I went through a short stack of holsters and actually wound up using the cheapie -- An "Ace Case" IWB that cost me like ten bucks. Love it.
    lchamp likes this.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

I have a holster from WhiteHat and I love it. Adjustable cant and ride height means I can use the same holster for nearly any occasion. It is a little difficult to take on and off while wearing your pants though, I put it on the waistband and then put my jeans on. For everything else I just have an Uncle Mikes cheapo.

VIP Member
    First off, welcome to the forum.

As for holsters, I carry in a Tucker Gunleather holster (see link below) at the 3:30 position. I find it comfortable and the holster has adjustable cant.

"Cover Up" IWB | Custom IWB Holsters | Tucker Gun Leather
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

For IWB, I use the Don Hume H715M NO.37-SR9 and wear at about 5 O'clock for driving comfort. At 3 O'clock, the gun barrel jabs me in the leg when I sit down.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

GH
    Holster choice is a personal matter. What works for me might be bad for you. Body build, clothing choice & many other factors come into play. With about a half-drawer full of holsters I've found that my Uncle Mike's cheapy that I got with my firearm purchase deal is my favorite. I think it would have cost about 16 bucks if I had bought it. It works well for me & seems to be holding up just fine. The one I carried on duty as armed security is about the worst one. Great for OWB on a duty belt but bad for concealed carry. I even forgot what the brand is it's buried so deep in my drawer. I think Bianchi.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Hello! Welcome from Southeast Kansas!

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my sr40c and I really like it. Takes a while to get one and they are a little expensive but well worth it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ElArdilla View Post
    I have a holster from WhiteHat and I love it. Adjustable cant and ride height means I can use the same holster for nearly any occasion. It is a little difficult to take on and off while wearing your pants though, I put it on the waistband and then put my jeans on. For everything else I just have an Uncle Mikes cheapo.
    I have a Maxtuck from MaxTuck IWB Holster - Natural Tan Horsehide and a DeSantis Mini Slide for my SR9c.
    I have to use the DeSantis when I wear the tighter jeans....they shrunk in the wash....the MaxTuck is comfortable and I forget it's on.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjahippie View Post
    ...Sof-tuck and/or Thumb break mini-slide - depending on whether I can wear the "gun burka" or not.

SR9 Compact — DeSantis Holster
    Gun owners/carry change holsters more than golfers change putters. LOL

I went thru a few for my Glock 27 and settled on the leather Galco OWB.

You may want to consider (2) holsters...one for winter and one for summer.

You can pick your model and what they have to offer here LINK
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

I carry my Ruger SR9C in a kangaroo carry works very well for mt. I also carry it in a in the waist band tuck left side right hand draw

SR9c in a Split Decision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links