OK to carry in grocery store with in-store babysitting service?

This is a discussion on OK to carry in grocery store with in-store babysitting service? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I assume the answer is "yes" you can carry since it is not a school or official daycare center, but I would like to make ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By aus71383
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: OK to carry in grocery store with in-store babysitting service?

OK to carry in grocery store with in-store babysitting service?

I assume the answer is "yes" you can carry since it is not a school or official daycare center, but I would like to make sure.

Schools, daycare centers, etc. are off limits. Hospitals are OK but not if they have a psych unit. Your church could give you permission to carry but not if it contains a school, or daycare center.

I'm a little afraid of what an anti-gun prosecutor might try. I carry concealed so no one would know, but would like to know where I stand, just in case.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

2. Remove Ads

If you're really in Ohio, then based on this: Lawriter - ORC - 2923.126 [Effective Until 1/1/2014] Duties of licensed individual. it sounds like you'd be ok in the store, just not the day-care center itself. Best to read the laws yourself and make your own decision. Internet advice isn't worth much...

Austin
    goldshellback and ANGLICO like this.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Thank you and to ^^^ for aus76138.

OP (Ok, i make this simple for you = RAL) Do you know what a search engine is? Just checking....

Welcome here, as I see you are somewhat new.

And Semper Fi, from us cranky old men!

VIP Member
    Handgunlaw.us

Go to the above posted site, and click on the picture of OH.
    It will take you to the Ohio page which should have many pertinant laws regarding where and when you cannot carry.
    If your question is not answered, go to your state police agency website and send them an email with your question.
    If they don't have an answer, contact your State Attorney Generals office, and pose the question to HIM/HER.
    They will answer it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

You have my permission.

IMO, a babysitting/supervising setting isn't hardly daycare. Unless my state's statutes specifically disallowed, describing daycare as anyplace that hosted children while parents were elsewhere, then I wouldn't be concerned.
    RAL likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I would think a lot would depend on whether they were or had to be licensed by the state. If they are they would in fact fall under the provisions of a school/daycare facility which just guessing here since they care for children as a business, even though the store is the provider they are probably licensed.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

StarPD45
    I would think that any ban would only apply to the daycare center, not the whole store.
    BUT! Remember what they say about opinions.

Also for Ohio to my knowledge you can carry at a non-posted hospital with a pysch unit, you cannot carry in a stand alone pysch unit. I believe Ohio only has six hospitals that are considered under control of Ohio Department of Mental Health, Department of Developmental Disabilities, Department of Youth Services, or the Department of Rehabilitation (Prisons)

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    I assume the answer is "yes" you can carry since it is not a school or official daycare center, but I would like to make sure.

Schools, daycare centers, etc. are off limits. Hospitals are OK but not if they have a psych unit. Your church could give you permission to carry but not if it contains a school, or daycare center.

I'm a little afraid of what an anti-gun prosecutor might try. I carry concealed so no one would know, but would like to know where I stand, just in case.

Better to be safe than sorry. I assume that even personal homes that have a daycare license are off-limits.

I also bet that every hospital is off limits to because every one I have seen has the no guns sign.

I am curious - where is this grocery store with babysitting service. Is it just for an hour while you shop, or all day long?

SIG
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Concealed Carry (CCW) NRA Classes for Cincinnati/Dayton Ohio.

Dave cleanup aisle 6,we had another one escape outta his diaper
    LenS likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links