Now you see it

This is a discussion on Now you see it within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my CC Permit for a couple of months now and have been carrying everyday. At first I was really concerned about concealment and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Now you see it

Now you see it

I've had my CC Permit for a couple of months now and have been carrying everyday. At first I was really concerned about concealment and keeping the muzzle of my gun under my shirt at all times. As I go through my everyday activities, I've noticed that most people don't even notice if my gun imprints or the muzzle shows a little if I reach for something and my shirt rides up. Has anyone else also come to this realization. I'm not saying to walk around with your gun completely exposed, but if I shows a little out in public, then that's not so bad because nobody really is looking. Right?
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    99% of people are to preoccupied with themselves to even take note of it. Since licensed OC is legal in your state your gun showing isn't a problem anyway.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

MJK
    Maybe the consequences of briefly exposing your weapon are nada most of the time, but in my opinion you would benefit from additional discipline and/or training to prevent this from occurring. If a person cannot or will not impose discipline on themself to ensure concealment then they may not do so in other areas such as safe handling, etc. Establish good habits in the beginning and you will be much better off in the long run!

Just my $0.02.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Just something else to think about, with all the latest gadgets (iPhone, pocket cameras, tablets, and so forth) how many people would think it was a gun if all they saw was a bulge in the shirt and did not see the tip of the barrel? I just don't think people pay that much attention. I have wondered though if you carried OWB in the 4 or 5 o'clock position if you should carry your wallet in the left back pocket to avoid startling a cashier accidentally.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

You're right but it's still wise to be careful. A slight reveal isn't a problem... until it is.

The hardest people to fool are fellow CCWer's. They will bust you in a heartbeat!
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

GH
    I've noticed that. WI is an open carry state so it really doesn't matter if I print now & then. I usually don't as I conceal well with the same handgun you carry. I've talked to Police Officers & if they noticed at all they didn't comment. A few of them are my friends & one of them even said that since I have a CCL I should be carrying. I pulled my shirt up & showed that indeed I was, lol. Never once has someone asked me what kind of gun I had on me. I don't go through hoops to conceal completely but evidently I do.
    BradL likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

The average person... And their situational awareness... You think they might see you have a gun? HA!

They don't see anything! Well, most don't anyway...

Proof? Right here:

Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Don't get me wrong, I'm careful not to expose my weapon whenever possible. I'm courious, has anyone ever had somebody say something to you in public because they noticed you were carrying? Maybe told the manager of a store and if so, were there any concequences? Were you asked to leave?
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You can thank cellphones for the large part for making everyone else invisible.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    The average person... And their situational awareness... You think they might see you have a gun? HA!

They don't see anything! Well, most don't anyway...

Proof? Right here:

You should post this as a separate thread. It's amazing how clueless people can be. I wonder if I'd fall for it too!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I think it depends on the laws of your state. In some states, "concealed" means concealed completely, while in other states an inadvertant exposure is not a problem. In Georgia, with a GWL, one can carry concealed or open carry without consequences, so an inadvertant weapon exposure is not an issue, but in some states, according to forum posters, even imprinting is a violation.

All I'm saying is that you should carefully check the regulations of your individual location.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    You should post this as a separate thread. It's amazing how clueless people can be. I wonder if I'd fall for it too!
    Oh, it's been posted before.... BTW, did you notice that the picture used to conceal the swap was of Darren Brown?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

All it takes is for one of the to get lucky and put 2 and 2 together and you could end up having a bad day. sees evil black assault rifle with high capacity clip filled with heat seeking cop killer bullets poking out from under your shirt and they're calling 911, DHS, and Bloomberg. Since your luck is already bad you'll get the over zealous, jacked up on adrenaline, immature, militant new officer responding to the mass shooting, homicidal MWAG call. He or she will not know the law and along with the , believe they are the only ones who are supposed to have guns. You won't know this until a little canister rolls up and hits your foot...FLASHBANG! Now it's a party...have a nice day!

Satire? Hopefully.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    I don't generally try to conceal OWB under just a t-shirt or other short hemmed garment. My CC attire is such that I am rarely in that position. If the dress code of the day requires such, I switch to a different form of carry, say IWB instead of OWB. No problem.

As many others have already mentioned, folks just don't pay attention to others in our society. The big trick is to NOT be like that. Work at noticing and wondering about oddball things around you as you go through your daily life. If you see some one else with the muzzle of a gun peeking out from under their t-shirt, what would your reaction be?
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Yep, that's exactly the case. Those that do see it, most won't care enough to stop and say anything.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links