Another Employee's Reward for Stopping a Crime - Page 12

Another Employee's Reward for Stopping a Crime

This is a discussion on Another Employee's Reward for Stopping a Crime within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet I don't know where your AZs are, but the only people at the ones here are the usual customers. Do you ...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Another Employee's Reward for Stopping a Crime

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't know where your AZs are, but the only people at the ones here are the usual customers. Do you really think that many people care about AZ's policies other than warrenties and returns? No one here does. I seriously doubt the AZ bean counters will see the slightest hiccup in company profits over this.
    Have you seen the boycott pages? Thousands of people are vowing never to shop there again. Even if that means two weeks, revenues will take a hit. This is and will cost AZ revenue even if you do not believe it. Their name has been tarnished and other auto parts stores are benefiting. The other companies might even be re-thinking their own policies after this. Not all customers have heard this story either and some customers agree that Devin should have wimped out and hid outside like a good little mouse, they of course will continue to patronize AZ. I went past my AutoZone today and noted 2 cars in the lot when normally there are a dozen or more but I can not prove it's because people are boycotting. I just know I smiled when I saw only 2 cars. Advanced Auto on the other hand had a full lot. But who knows, maybe they have a sale going on...

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Just like everyone won't watch the NFL until they fire Costas... right, I get it. What will happen is they won't shop there until they are the only ones who have the part they need/want. Perhaps postponing is a better word... they may be shopping across the street now, but it'll wear off quick when they need something and Autozone is the only place that has it.

Look, I'm not against what he did and I'm not glad he got fired... but there's another side to it, and not everyone would handle it the same way. Heck, I don't even know if I'd handle it how I say I would having time to think about it and write/edit my thoughts.

He possibly saved his manager's life, who is also a friend apparently... no lives lost, that's a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Just like everyone won't watch the NFL until they fire Costas... right, I get it. What will happen is they won't shop there until they are the only ones who have the part they need/want. Perhaps postponing is a better word... they may be shopping across the street now, but it'll wear off quick when they need something and Autozone is the only place that has it.

Look, I'm not against what he did and I'm not glad he got fired... but there's another side to it, and not everyone would handle it the same way. Heck, I don't even know if I'd handle it how I say I would having time to think about it and write/edit my thoughts.

He possibly saved his manager's life, who is also a friend apparently... no lives lost, that's a win.
    Do you have Facebook? I think their page is public anyway so you should be able to see it even if you don't have a Facebook account. Thousands of comments are taking up all of AZ's postings with irate American's slamming them. Maybe you just need to see it to get the full impact. AZ is not going to get off easy. Click on the small square comment icon for right side of any AZ post to see the comments being left. https://m.facebook.com/autozone?id=163478290365055&_rdr Add to this the comments on the boycott pages and the thousands of comments left on them and you begin to realize the impact this story has made on people who believe in the right to protect and defend. An idea our country was built on.

What they don't realize is that it generates ad revenue and bumps their 'viral' status on Facebook so they get more ads, higher positioning in hits.

Responding to everything Autozone posts on their wall isn't a good idea, just like their stores - leave it empty.

Just ran past two Autozones (I swear there is one on every block in San Antonio!).....doing fine it looks like to me. Plenty of cars in their parking lots. Their stock has fallen slightly but that is becuase of financial news....not a boycott.

Boycots are great and a great way of protesting but sadly they lead to nowhere in the end.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post

Boycots are great and a great way of protesting but sadly they lead to nowhere in the end.
    Not true. Many boycotts have led to change. One example, Walmart use to support gays and gay rights. They no longer support gays because the religious groups boycotted their stores. Walmart caved and removed themselves and their money from the gay rights issue.

This is still mostly an east coast story. Give it time for the shock wave to really travel. Devin is still doing interviews. He did the Greta Van Susteren interview last night and I'm setting up a radio interview for him now with Eagle 97.3.

Update. He will be in NY this weekend and will appear on the CBS This Morning show.

Hes a hero in my book..... If it was me i would of givin him a raise and hired him as security guard for extra money...no one should lose there job nor be punished for doing a good deed (saving lifes or property loss)... Eddie
    Colleen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    Are you suntzu? Because that's who I was talking too. Are you one of those people who has multiple accounts on a forum? You should see how suntzu handles aspersions. He hides them in PM so you all don't see how he attacks people when you're not looking. :) I hope you do not view him as some sort of hero here.
    I don't know anything about him so I can't say if he is a hero. My guess is he aspires to be who he is, not who some people think he should be. We are who we are. It seems Suntsu is fine with who he is, as am I with who I am.

ETA: Colleen, if Devin is being portrayed as a hero by the media, and friends and family, then why do you care what a few people on an online forum think? And don't say you don't care. Your hostile responses to those who disagree with you is proof that you care deeply.

Re: Another Employee's Reward for Stopping a Crime

Hmm, you're new here,all of your posts are about this topic... and:

I'm setting up a radio interview for him now with Eagle 97.3
    Publicist!

I see what you're doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Hmm, you're new here and:
    Publicist!

I see what you're doing... :p
    Nahhh, Eagle was looking for contact info form him. I just obliged . I was just making a point by posting that. This is just beginning, the snowball has started down the hill and can only get bigger. Next up, CBS in NY this weekend. When NY wants the story, you know it can only grow. Hold on to your butts AutoZone COEs

Just caught the Hmmm, you're new here......... trust me, if I were his publicist, I would pick a much larger and more well known forum than this one. I just came across this forum yesterday when I Googled to see what other news stations and webpages had picked up the story. I saw the story had been posted here, yup, this forum actually showed up on the search list, go figure, so I stopped in.

Re: Another Employee's Reward for Stopping a Crime

Something tells me he's doing quite well, and better off than he was working at Autozone, at least for now.

I hope so anyway.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    I don't know anything about him so I can't say if he is a hero. My guess is he aspires to be who he is, not who some people think he should be. We are who we are. It seems Suntsu is fine with who he is, as am I with who I am.

ETA: Colleen, if Devin is being portrayed as a hero by the media, and friends and family, then why do you care what a few people on an online forum think? And don't say you don't care. Your hostile responses to those who disagree with you is proof that you care deeply.
    Well I feel better! Good to know you know who you are! I was worried when you replied for suntzu. * relief*

I only cared because he was being used as an example for how to do the wrong thing. You have to be pretty sensitive to consider my comments to be hostile but whatever. I have heard that sensitive men do exist. Just never really met any until.............

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Meh, the same garbage is parroted in our schools. Kid gets bullied, kid fights back against the bully, they both get in trouble. It applies here too. It's aggravating. This guy should get a medal, not a pink slip.

Well I feel better! Good to know you know who you are! I was worried when you replied for suntzu. * relief*

I only cared because he was being used as an example for how to do the wrong thing. You have to be pretty sensitive to consider my comments to be hostile but whatever. I have heard that sensitive men do exist. Just never really met any until.............
    And there is the hostility, though at least this time it was slightly veiled. No, I am not sensitive at all. Quite the opposite. I am well trained in the observation of human behavior. Was a psych major in college, and I make use of that background every day. I ask again, why do you care what we think? By your accounts the vast majority of people are treating Devin as a hero. That should more than satisfy him, and you. So, why do you care? I suspect there's more to the story here (your story, not Devin's). Even if you are Devin's aunt, you should be able to accept the fact that not everybody is going to agree with everything he did, but for some reason you cannot accept it. What's your story? And this time, try no hostility, no aspersions, no firing insults (no matter how well veiled). Just tell me what what's going on here? If you tell me that you love him because he's your nephew, and you don't like when people disagree with his actions, then that's great! At least that would be an honest answer from the heart. I would expect you to feel that way. But just tell me the truth behind your online campaign here on Devin's behalf. That's all I'm asking.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    She is talking about me LOL
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links