Another Employee's Reward for Stopping a Crime

This is a discussion on Another Employee's Reward for Stopping a Crime within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Colleen, maybe I missed it but do you carry? Own a gun? Do you understand the emotional trauma he would have been faced with every ...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Results 181 to 195 of 195
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Another Employee's Reward for Stopping a Crime

  1. #181
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: Another Employee's Reward for Stopping a Crime

    Colleen, maybe I missed it but do you carry?

    Own a gun?

    Do you understand the emotional trauma he would have been faced with every day if he had pulled the trigger, right or wrong?

    I'm not really sure what your motive here is anymore.

    Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #182
    VIP Member Array SmokinFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    She is talking about me LOL
    I have a feeling she was referring to both of us, which is fine. That doesn't bother me. I'm simply trying to get her to understand that her extremely fierce defense of her nephew on this forum is not a healthy thing. I still feel there's more to it. There's something in her psyche that causes her to not be able to accept dissenting opinions.
    Thunder71 likes this.

  4. #183
    Member Array Colleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    I have a feeling she was referring to both of us, which is fine. That doesn't bother me. I'm simply trying to get her to understand that her extremely fierce defense of her nephew on this forum is not a healthy thing. I still feel there's more to it. There's something in her psyche that causes her to not be able to accept dissenting opinions.
    Wow, shouldn't we be calling you Dr. SmokinFool? I still do not see any extreme fierceness but if that's what you need to see to make yourself feel better, by all means paint me any ol way you need to.

  5. #184
    Member Array Colleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Colleen, maybe I missed it but do you carry?
    No, I have no need to carry.

    Own a gun?
    Yes a shot gun for home protection should I ever need it.

    Do you understand the emotional trauma he would have been faced with every day if he had pulled the trigger, right or wrong?
    This is really for Devin to understand and he does. He was up to it. As an enlisted man, he was ready to kill to protect his country. The same goes for this incident. He was ready to kill to protect his manager and friend. I would do the same in his situation and I would live with the knowledge that the bad guy lost so the good could live.

    I'm not really sure what your motive here is anymore.
    I have no motive. Only a suspicious person would think I have a motive. I stopped in to read the comments. I disagreed with some and voiced my own thoughts and opinions. Suspicious people have gone after my character because they do not trust me. That's understandable, it's a human trait some carry. I was even accused of pretending to be Devin's aunt in a PM. No wonder these suspicious people feel the need to carry. Trust no one huh? I will leave if it makes you feel more comfortable. Like I said, I just stopped in yesterday to read the comments. Found this site on the internet under the topics about Devin. I saw some comments I took offense to for Devin's sake and thought I'd share my knowledge on him and the type of man he is and that he is better than the man that was being painted here. People keep replying to me so I come back to answer their questions or comments. I'm gracious like that. I do not just ignore a person when they speak to me. If you all are done, I will leave you to your forum and the safety of your friends. It's all good.

  6. #185
    Member Array Miamieddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Miami,Fl.
    Posts
    225
    Woooow !!!! Why are people here sound like antigunist ?? Arent we on the same team ? This employee acted as a real caring abiding citizen, he deffended a besiness establishment from any loss that he doesnt even own, protected lives he doesnt know, and without killing anyone..... How great is that !!!.... I blame autozone for there action on this matter, its so wrong that a blind man can see this, bad guys are using our laws against us and some of us seem to support it... Not saying you are, just looks that way. Face it this guys a hero and thats the bottom line PERIOD.
    Colleen and preachertim like this.

  7. #186
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: Another Employee's Reward for Stopping a Crime

    See the thing is I've taken training, I've also completed the required course to be able to carry, so for you to tell me my opinion on how I'd handle the situation is wrong or question why I carry, irritates me.

    I never said what he did was wrong, I just wouldn't do the same, again, based on my training and knowledge of the laws in my state.

    That's part of what we do here, discuss these events, examine them from different views, sometimes we learn something new or at least gain another perspective.


    Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

  8. #187
    Member Array Colleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    And there is the hostility, though at least this time it was slightly veiled.
    Oh come now, you call that hostile? Nah, that's just being facetious


    Was a psych major in college,
    Weren't we all? The trouble with psych majors is that they want to lump everyone into one neat little package. It doesn't work that way. People are unique individuals. No two are alike, not even identical twins.

    why do you care what we think? By your accounts the vast majority of people are treating Devin as a hero.
    Because I was here, discussing it with you all, not the rest of the world.

    for some reason you cannot accept it.
    Oh I accept it all right. Just because I accept that not all agree with his actions does not mean I can't defend him from those viewing him through their own eyes without even knowing him. His character has been attacked here on this forum. I tried to educate the uneducated about him. Simple.

    And this time, try no hostility, no aspersions, no firing insults (no matter how well veiled).
    You're letting your belief that you are an expert in the field of people because of a few years in college allow you to read way to much into my words. I study people and their behavior every day too. I have to as a moderator on an internet forum. I have to get to know people through a computer screen. Much more difficult to do than in the real world. I would not be so nervous about someone like me as you are appearing to be. Really, I've not done one thing here that can be seen by the regular person as threatening or even violent. Sheesh. You give me too much power.

    If you tell me that you love him because he's your nephew, and you don't like when people disagree with his actions, then that's great! At least that would be an honest answer from the heart.
    Why should I even have to tell you this? I think you're being condescending with me now. Did you miss out on being someone's daddy in life? All my words come from my heart. I'm a straight forward speaker. I hide nothing because I have nothing to hide. To intentionally elude that I am a liar by using the words, "At least that would be an honest answer" clearly states that you believe that I have done nothing but lie here. This shows the type of person you are. Suspicious, quick to judge without knowing, aggressive in your interrogation of an outsider, need for control over the newbie, yes, you have issues. Most phych majors do. That's why they take up the study. You are the type of person I defend my nephew from. Maybe you can now understand why. Don't worry yourself so much. Your discussion forum(discussion only meant for long time members apparently, not new members) is safe from the big bad aunt, lol

    I do believe it is suntzu's turn to come at me next. You two seem to be tag teaming. How cute. Comrades in arms.

  9. #188
    Member Array Colleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    See the thing is I've taken training, I've also completed the required course to be able to carry, so for you to tell me my opinion on how I'd handle the situation is wrong or question why I carry, irritates me.
    Who are you talking to? If me, please remind me where I told you how you would handle the situation is wrong? I only remember you telling everyone how Devin handled the situation was wrong because of the multiple what ifs you carry around in your head that would keep you from doing anything but complying in a robbery.

    That's part of what we do here, discuss these events, examine them from different views, sometimes we learn something new or at least gain another perspective.
    Uh huh and from what I can tell, you only agree when the person is agreeing with you. Great education

  10. #189
    VIP Member Array SmokinFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,297
    OK, since I wasn't clear in my previous post, I'll spell it out for you. I have a degree in psychology, specifically, behavioral psychology. Do you??? No? Didn't think so.

    So...when I say that your behavior here is not healthy, I actually know what I'm taking about. Look, I know you have trouble reconciling the fact that someone who disagrees with your behavior may actually want to help you, but such is the case here. If you can go back and read all of your posts and honestly say that you don't see any hostility, then you are being blinded by your loyalty to your nephew, or something else that you refuse to accept. Regardless of the cause, I was simply trying to point this out to you. However, you have to be willing to see it, which you obviously are not.

    You actually don't have to look any farther than your previous post to see what I'm talking about:

    "Why should I even have to tell you this? I think you're being condescending with me now. Did you miss out on being someone's daddy in life? All my words come from my heart. I'm a straight forward speaker. I hide nothing because I have nothing to hide. To intentionally elude that I am a liar by using the words, "At least that would be an honest answer" clearly states that you believe that I have done nothing but lie here. This shows the type of person you are. Suspicious, quick to judge without knowing, aggressive in your interrogation of an outsider, need for control over the newbie, yes, you have issues. Most phych majors do. That's why they take up the study. You are the type of person I defend my nephew from. Maybe you can now understand why. Don't worry yourself so much. Your discussion forum(discussion only meant for long time members apparently, not new members) is safe from the big bad aunt, lol

    I do believe it is suntzu's turn to come at me next. You two seem to be tag teaming. How cute. Comrades in arms.
    "

    No hostility there? Really? I can only wish you well at this point, and hope against hope that you will some day recognize your situation, and begin to work on it. In the meantime, the fact that some people here don't fully agree with your nephew's actions will not change, and your actions here aren't doing him any favors.

  11. #190
    Member Array Colleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    30
    OK, since I wasn't clear in my previous post, I'll spell it out for you. I have a degree in psychology, specifically, behavioral psychology
    Apparently I was not clear either. So??? This means nothing to me. You learned from books that lump people together and teach a one size fits all diagnosis. I have a better education. It's called life and knowing people as individuals, not drones in a beehive. I do not have faith or belief in psychologists, sorry. I do not believe they do anyone any favors. People can help themselves better than a psychologist can.

    So...when I say that your behavior here is not healthy, I actually know what I'm taking about.
    No, you merely believe you know what you're talking about. Here's an old trick. Look in the mirror and read back everything you say to me.



    Look, I know you have trouble reconciling the fact that someone who disagrees with your behavior may actually want to help you
    ,
    Why are you attacking my character and trying to play doctor with me on an internet forum? I believe this falls under the guidelines of harassment and defamation of character. I caution you to stop over stepping your boundaries. I need no help, especially not from a stranger on the internet.

    If you can go back and read all of your posts and honestly say that you don't see any hostility, then you are being blinded by your loyalty to your nephew
    I see me protecting myself and my nephew from self important people who's ego's speak louder than their common sense and who attack people's characters without even knowing them because they have deemed themselves the professionals. Life is a profession. We are all professionals. Get over yourselves and you know which members I mean.

    You actually don't have to look any farher than your previous post to see what I'm talking about
    You were being condescending and patronizing. I did not need to take that. I stand up for myself. You push people because you think you have the right because you believe yourself to be some kind of healer. Well you aren't and never will be until you heal yourself. This is why you immerse yourself into other people and fantasize that they have issues when in reality, all you've done is transfer your own issues onto them so you can attempt to fix them there by find away to fix yourself. I've read your books too

    No hostility there? Really?
    Nope. Only the hostility you've imagined in your overly suspicious mind. I hope you find a way to help yourself. I am not that way however. Keep your doctoring and imagined diagnosis's away from me. I'm off limits to you Doc Wannabe.


    What I find strange is why you find it so bizarre that an aunt would disagree with people who posted that her nephew did the wrong thing or acted wrong or was not..... blah, blah, blah. Do you have a close relationship with your family? Have you ever had to defend any of them because you felt people were completely wrong in their assessment of them? I came here and saw my nephew being assessed wrongly and analyzed wrongly and I spoke out and you find this strange behavior and unhealthy behavior. Doc, I have to say, your analysis of me defending my nephew from strangers who do not know him, is nuts.

  12. #191
    Member Array Miamieddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Miami,Fl.
    Posts
    225
    I cant even imagine how you guys would attack the aunt of the bad guy if your this harsh with coreen !! According to you guys both individuals played bad guys here..... Listen to yourselves. If your mom was at a store and a bad g came in all crazy with a gun your going to be thankfull for someone as this simaritan to be there at your mothers aid.... Yea, you guys would be talking differant i know... I didnt mean to use your mom as an example but sometimes its what it takes to make people understand... Im sorry.... Eddie.
    pittypat21 and Colleen like this.

  13. #192
    Member Array Miamieddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Miami,Fl.
    Posts
    225
    I meant colleen not coreen ooops.

  14. #193
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,507
    See that little 'edit post' button?

    I for one am not 'against' Colleen, and I'm not 'against' her nephew, at all... If I conveyed my opinion otherwise it was not my intent.

    I'll just sincerely wish you (Colleen) and your family well and exit this discussion simply because I think it's derailed to the point it's not even about what happened anymore.

    Good luck.

  15. #194
    VIP Member Array SmokinFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    Apparently I was not clear either. So??? This means nothing to me. You learned from books that lump people together and teach a one size fits all diagnosis. I have a better education. It's called life and knowing people as individuals, not drones in a beehive. I do not have faith or belief in psychologists, sorry. I do not believe they do anyone any favors. People can help themselves better than a psychologist can.


    No, you merely believe you know what you're talking about. Here's an old trick. Look in the mirror and read back everything you say to me.



    ,
    Why are you attacking my character and trying to play doctor with me on an internet forum? I believe this falls under the guidelines of harassment and defamation of character. I caution you to stop over stepping your boundaries. I need no help, especially not from a stranger on the internet.


    I see me protecting myself and my nephew from self important people who's ego's speak louder than their common sense and who attack people's characters without even knowing them because they have deemed themselves the professionals. Life is a profession. We are all professionals. Get over yourselves and you know which members I mean.



    You were being condescending and patronizing. I did not need to take that. I stand up for myself. You push people because you think you have the right because you believe yourself to be some kind of healer. Well you aren't and never will be until you heal yourself. This is why you immerse yourself into other people and fantasize that they have issues when in reality, all you've done is transfer your own issues onto them so you can attempt to fix them there by find away to fix yourself. I've read your books too



    Nope. Only the hostility you've imagined in your overly suspicious mind. I hope you find a way to help yourself. I am not that way however. Keep your doctoring and imagined diagnosis's away from me. I'm off limits to you Doc Wannabe.


    What I find strange is why you find it so bizarre that an aunt would disagree with people who posted that her nephew did the wrong thing or acted wrong or was not..... blah, blah, blah. Do you have a close relationship with your family? Have you ever had to defend any of them because you felt people were completely wrong in their assessment of them? I came here and saw my nephew being assessed wrongly and analyzed wrongly and I spoke out and you find this strange behavior and unhealthy behavior. Doc, I have to say, your analysis of me defending my nephew from strangers who do not know him, is nuts.
    Wow. You really don't get it. You just refuse to get it. Oh, well. Have a good life. I'm out.

  16. #195
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    10,683
    I think this has reached the end of the line.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

    "There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

autozone gun ban

,
autozone robbery counciling
,

bookmarking another employee's e-mail a crime

,
did auto-zone hire back concealed carry holder who foiled robbery
,
mohamed zeidan 24yrs old store owner invoved in shooting
,

mohamed zidan hampton va

,

mohamed zidan hampton va robbery shooting

,
mohammed zidan killed at one stop, hampton va
,
mohammed ziedan murdered in hampton va
,

muhammed.zidat email

,

muhammed.zidat@spark.ps loc:us

,

you interviewed a man that was fired from auto zone he had a gun and saved his boss stopped a robbery what ever happen t

Click on a term to search for related topics.