Verizon Wireless antigun policies

This is a discussion on Verizon Wireless antigun policies within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have been having a discussion on http://www.handgunforum.net/showthre...hlight=tnoisaw about Verizon Wireless and I thought some of you may be interested in learning of their antigun ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Wireless antigun policies

Verizon Wireless antigun policies

We have been having a discussion on http://www.handgunforum.net/showthre...hlight=tnoisaw about Verizon Wireless and I thought some of you may be interested in learning of their antigun policies for employees and customers.

http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2004/tle265-20040404-07.html
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    nothing supprising that i see , looks like a fairly standard " boilerplate " policy recommended by the company attnys. many corperations have the equil or worse . As for a boycot , well verizon is the only wireless company that will service many rural areas such as mine .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Wasn't there a story a few months back about an officer-involved shooting with a Verizon contracter. IIRC, the tech was on-site repairing some equipment, saw a shadow with a gun drawn (or something like that), and drew on the officer.

Maybe it was a different company. Maybe I'm hallucinating.

Whatever. Looks like I'm switching carriers.

You should see Starbuck's policy on firearms. Whew!
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

You should see Starbuck's policy on firearms. Whew!
    Having seen the price of coffee there, I understand...they are afraid someone will come in armed and steal a cup...

VIP Member
    I have NOT noticed any of their stores in Richmond, Va. being posted. Has anyone seen a posting?

As to company policies with regards to firearms, most companies that have an 'employee handbook' or large HR depts. will most likely have a 'no weapons' policy.

I dare say, most of us have run into this prejudice before. I hate to do business with a company that is anti-gun, but in the real world a lot of companies are anti. I try to NOT give business as a customer, but once you are an employee of a company, you have to abide by their rules.

If you are lucky enough to work for a Pro-gun company, good for you......for the rest, it's a shame, but you also have to provide for your family.

For those that work at anti-gun companies, hopefully you can change their policy. Good luck, if the company is large, they will be the toughest nut to crack.

Hopefully as time goes & more examples occur that could have been avoided if someone had been lawfully armed could have stopped it from happening.

(I'm not advocating school or business shootings)

It just seems that our society is only driven to action when something bad occurs. Once it does, then people start to wake up for a few seconds until the pain wears off & they nod off again...until the next one happens & the cycle repeats..........So the time for us to push our agenda is while everybody is awake!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I used to carry in my backpack everyday when I was a Shift Super at Starbucks - which if I had been fingered by anyone who thought negatively about weapons - would have been an on-the-spot termination. It states pretty clearly in the handbooks that employees are absolutely forbidden to carry.... even a knife. After the shooting in Georgetown where all the employees were literally executed, you'd think they might change the policy.....

Fortunately, (even for me on numerous ocasions) the company promotes giving LEO's and firefighters/EMTs free coffee, etc. We had cops in all the time which was an absolute BLAST. Loved those guys.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

None of their stores in Lexington are posted. All in all, they are no worse than my place of employment on their employees. They give me decent service at a decent price so I'll stay with them.

Six Bravo, I love your sig line!!!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

And if done properly they will never know if you are carrying.. If the time comes when you would need to use your weapon to save your hide, company policy will be the least of your worries!! Do what you can and need to do, it's your decision to make.
    Be safe.

I retired from a company with a similar policy. So what! I carried concealed for the 17 years I worked there. I figured that being alive and unemployed was far better than the alternative.

The key is two-fold. Good Concealment and keep your mouth shut. The first is easy for most. The second ?????
    ""If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, I either won't need more or, more won't help me.""

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Officially, my company has a similar policy, at least according to our employee handbook. But, the owners know I carry, as do a few others, and seem to be fine with it. Given some of the areas that I have to go during the course of my day, there's no way that I wouldn't carry. I do medical house calls, and my appointments run from expensive houses in gated communities, to trailer parks, and even the ghetto areas. In fact,one day a few weeks ago, I was cruising slowly, looking for an address.I usually lock my car doors when I get in,but this time I must had forgotten.A black dude in his twenties came up,and opened the passenger door! I was driving at a few mph. I immediately speeded up. I frequently see people just standing at the street corners in this neighborhood, obviously selling drugs. So while I didn't need my weapon that day,I may need it in the future. Like American Express says, I don't leave home without it!

Getting Back on Track...

I believe that from what has been told, if accurate, Mr. Jordan will be getting a well-earned separation check...once the court case is settled.
    Due process is very important...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you ever had Verizon service, you'll understand why they don't want guns in their store!

I retired from QWEST Their policy is the same, as a matter a fact If you researched all telephone services you will find the same policy.
    In fact the phone company employees are represented by AFL-CIO affiliate Unions, all of them are anti gun . They told their members to vote for Clinton. If you want phone service it won't do any good to boycott.

maybe I missed it but were does it refer to customers it seems to be a policy for their employees not customers. How are they to know you arer carrying if it is concealed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links