NC permit recognized in VT? Conflicting info

This is a discussion on NC permit recognized in VT? Conflicting info within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Planning a trip north and checking the states I'll be traveling through and staying in and came across a bit of conflicting information... Anyone else ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: NC permit recognized in VT? Conflicting info

Planning a trip north and checking the states I'll be traveling through and staying in and came across a bit of conflicting information... Anyone else with other sources?

Since the NC site doesn't have Vermont on the list I'm of course inclined to believe it.

Concealed Handguns Reciprocity

Where as the first place I looked, Handgunlaw has Vermont as accepting the NC permit...

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/northcarolina.pdf

Vermont is where I'll be staying for 2 weeks so I want to be darn sure. I can certainly make some calls Monday but thought I'd ask here in case anyone knew something.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

VIP Member
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

USA carry says yes, but I'd find out from the state of VT...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I just pulled that up as well... interesting... I guess since they don't issue CCW and anyone that can legally own a pistol is allowed to carry concealed, I guess I'm covered.

Would have been nice if on the NC Justice site they'd listed VT as acceptable...

Anyway, I wasted more space on the internet I guess with this post. ;-)

Thanks Mike.

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

You won't really find a lot of info because there's no permit needed. Strap up and go, concealed or open!! I went there a couple months back and had to disarm driving across NH (still need to send in for their permit) and then loaded back up when I hit Vermont. No issues what-so-ever.

In Vermont, if you are a legal citizen of the US and 21 or over, and legally allowed to own a firearm, you are entitled to carry a handgun, concealed or otherwise. Period.
    Anubis likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Re: NC permit recognized in VT? Conflicting info

There is a nice app, for Android for sure, called CCW. It's free and lists all the states and who reciprocities who and they do keep it up to date.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Quote Originally Posted by DroidGeorge View Post
    There is a nice app, for Android for sure, called CCW. It's free and lists all the states and who reciprocities who and they do keep it up to date.

George
    Thank you. Just searched Apple apps and found it there as well. Downloading now.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Most state sites don't list states that honor them. They just list states that they have a signed agreement with. There are 12 States that honor all other states permit/licenses. Then add VT, Alaska and Arizona that allow anyone who is 21 and can legally own a firearm to carry concealed without any type of permit/license. So 15 of the 49 states that allow carry allow everyone to carry if they have a permit/license. Some of those require a resident permit.
    NJ doesn't honor anyone but 19 states allow NJ residents with a permit/license to carry in their state. Hawaii who has has not issued even one permit/license in the last decade would be honored by 19 states if they issued one. I get that question all the time. The AG only list 24 states but you state that my states permit/license is honored in 33 states. I have been told many times to update my info as it is wrong as I had to many states listed.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Another item that is a first. Oklahoma just passed a law and Oklahoma allows those from Permitless carry states to carry in Oklahoma with just their state issued ID. So if you are from Arizona, Alaska, Vermont or Wyoming you can carry in Oklahoma with just your state ID or state Drivers License.

Wyoming only allows its residents to carry without a permit/license. You have to have a permitlicense they honor if you are not a resident of Wyoming to carry in WY.

Edited. The state of Illinois and DC don't issue permit/licenses so they are not Permitless Carry states. They are no issue states so IL and DC residents can't carry in OK with just their ID.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

As you found out anyone that can legally own a gun can carry in Vermont, lived there for 2 years and never had a problem our questions by LEO's
    A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hand.
    SENECA the younger
    Roman stoic philosopher
    4 B.C. - 65 A.D.

Links