Just bought it...anybody else have one ??

This is a discussion on Just bought it...anybody else have one ?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got a great deal on Amazon.com on Fobus Standard Holster RH Paddle Ruger LCP. Hope it is a good one...need a good OWB for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Just bought it...anybody else have one ??

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Just bought it...anybody else have one ??

Just got a great deal on Amazon.com on Fobus Standard Holster RH Paddle Ruger LCP. Hope it is a good one...need a good OWB for this small cannon.

Got one??????? what do you think ?????

fobus.jpg
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

Yeah, I've had a few. Decent holsters for 20 bucks. Lots of guys run them at the range.

And then I discovered Milt Sparks........

Well I have a Mitch Rosen for my LC9 but not going to spend those type bucks on the LCP...Damn...I got more holsters than socks...wonder if my feet can fit in some of these..
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I've got a few Fobus holsters, but I won't buy any more. Some fit, some don't. It's OK (= passable) for a $20-range holster. But you said you wanted a "good" OWB... this ain't it.
    ANGLICO and dukalmighty like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

A LCP is a "small cannon"? And not a Fobus fan here, sorry.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I've got a few Fobus holsters, but I buy any more. Some fit, some don't. It's OK (= passable) for a $20-range holster. But you said you wanted a "good" OWB... this ain't it.
    That pretty much sums it up. I have a few Fobus holsters and I like them, but I wouldn't use any of them as my EDC holster.

I use my Fobus paddle for EDC. It fits my SR9c perfectly. I prefer OWB carry under an untucked shirt. Once you get the retention screw adjusted correctly, Fobus holsters work perfectly.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've got one "Fobus" type rig, for one gun strictly for range use. It's a Blade-Tech. Works. But I much prefer traditionally-styled leather holsters, particularly when concealment and comfort are goals.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Yeah have a Fobus for my 1911s. Carried my Series 80 Combat Goverment in for a weekend pheasant hunting a couple of years back. Carried O.K. but wore the blue off where the bottom of the hard plastic (or whatever it is) open end contacted the slide.
    This is a working gun 28 years old so no big deal,but be advised Fobus is not real finish freindly.

Carry Milt Sparks most of the time now, eaiser on the gun eaiser on me.

A friend give me a fobus for my M&P. It sits in the drawer, just doesn't see very sturdy and doesn't conceal very well unless maybe I was wearing a jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    A friend give me a fobus for my M&P. It sits in the drawer, just doesn't see very sturdy and doesn't conceal very well unless maybe I was wearing a jacket.
    Mine conceal just fine but I agree with you about them not seeming very sturdy, which is why I don't carry them.

None of my friends use a Fobus holster,Because when they got their CHL I made them free leather OWB holsters,I bought a Fobus years ago for a G17,then I thought hey they make a drop leg attachment for it,spent like $20 for a glorified strip of Kydex,No More Fobus and no more drop leg holsters
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The Fobus Paddle was the very first holster I bought for my Glock 19, when I put it in there was a nice positive click. When I tried to draw the weapon, the retention was so good it would not come out. It took a hair dryer and screwdriver. They are cheap for a reason.

Geesh...I should have talked to you guys before I fast drew the credit card....oh well goes with my addiction problem.......Mitch Rosen has one for the LCP that matches my LC9......Can I borrow a few bucks for a few days from someone........I would gladly repay you in November for a holster loan today.....

Fobus is cheap for a reason. They don't go on any of my guns. I do like the CrossBreed Mini for my LCP w/crimson trace, but most of the time that one goes in my back pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links