Addiction is a terrible sickness

This is a discussion on Addiction is a terrible sickness within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by high pockets You know, if I can get the new holster into the drawer before the wife sees it, I can just ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Addiction is a terrible sickness

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    You know, if I can get the new holster into the drawer before the wife sees it, I can just look innocent and say "what new holster? This one's been here for ages!"
    Pardon me, but the line is... "What? This old thing???... See you never notice anything..."
    Fitch likes this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I once got so depressed over my holster addiction I was thinking about committing suicide so I called the suicide hot line for help. Turns out it is a call center in Pakistan and they put me on hold...after a few minutes they came back and when I told them what I was thinking they got all excited and asked me if I wanted a job driving a big truck....
    wmhawth likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I think I'm OK... I only have five holsters.

I am also about to 'pull the trigger' on a Glock 26 (or perhaps even more likely a 33 with 9mm conv. barrel). Guess I'll be stuffing the drawer with more holsters as well. Well, actually, I'll confess I have a few squirreled away in the basement, too.

I like high pocket's approach. My wife has seen two of my HK's and has no idea they aren't the same gun. Having said this, I realize I have some work to do at home getting her comfortable with firearms and I'm working on it. I'm actually thinking of getting her a pink .22 for Xmas. The one time she consented to go shooting with me she really did seem to have a good time. Wish me luck.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I only have 6 so far
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

XD...I see now you need just a little assistance .... you're doing it not wrong but not right either..you need for each weapon...IWB, OWB, pocket, ankle, and shoulder there fore you have 6 weapons, you need 24 more.....Hurry online and you can have them by Christmas eve.....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I'm a holster addict too. One nice thing about my Glock 19, 26, and 36, they pretty much all fit in the same holster. I have a VM-II, SuperTuck, and DeSantis that fit all three of them. Unfortuantely, I also have a PPK/S, LCP, P238, and (as of Christmas morning) an XDs that don't fit the Glock holsters. So there is a pile on the closet shelf, and ... it's growing.

My wife is no dummy. She has her own guns and holsters. She can recite and has fired every gun I own. She opens the safe every now and then to see if any more showed up. She knows the holsters too. She has a pile of her own, but she isn't a holster addict, by definition.

When I mention I need more holsters, she says, "fine." That's a truly scary word.

Heck of a situation for a poor holster addict. But, she did buy me the XDs for Christmas, so she can't object too much to the holsters that will be showing up. Right? Tell me I'm right?

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Fitch....Of course you are...no question about it...just stick with that and don't waver....

Been there done that. Im trying a Galco king-tuk right now. To see if I need to buy more holsters.

I have been lucky enough to get away with only a few holsters in my drawer before finding ones that work for me. I only hope this trend continues.

Addiction is a terrible sickness

Sounds like y'all need to treat your addiction by getting rid of some of those excess holsters...I'll be happy to facilitate this if you'd just send em my way...

Currently for me...1 gun, 1 holster...

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    I'm a holster addict too. One nice thing about my Glock 19, 26, and 36, they pretty much all fit in the same holster. I have a VM-II, SuperTuck, and DeSantis that fit all three of them. Unfortuantely, I also have a PPK/S, LCP, P238, and (as of Christmas morning) an XDs that don't fit the Glock holsters. So there is a pile on the closet shelf, and ... it's growing.

My wife is no dummy. She has her own guns and holsters. She can recite and has fired every gun I own. She opens the safe every now and then to see if any more showed up. She knows the holsters too. She has a pile of her own, but she isn't a holster addict, by definition.

When I mention I need more holsters, she says, "fine." That's a truly scary word.

Heck of a situation for a poor holster addict. But, she did buy me the XDs for Christmas, so she can't object too much to the holsters that will be showing up. Right? Tell me I'm right?

Fitch
    If only that certain special someone had not uttered the words, "Yknow, that holster makes your butt look bigger!"
    Fitch likes this.

I'm really hoping the Crossbreed SuperTucks I have on order for my XD subcompact and M&P Compact suit my needs because I'd hate to take on yet another "search for the perfect _________".

Well in reality I'm good with my LC9....got a Mitch Rosen leather OWB that is perfect and for IWB with it I use a Sticky for the ease and comfort.

It's my LCP that's driving me nuts.....Got too much real estate in the waist area to carry it IWB...(can't find the little sucker).( ). Got a sticky for it also but still does not have the quick extract I expect (my waist again)...and a leather Holster Store IWB that does not work for the same reasons so keep trying to find a OWB for the LCP that I like.....

I'm not related to The Donald or Mitt so can't keep spending ALL MY WIFE'S money on trying every version available.......Need to have a 30 day free trial merchant....Right ??

I have 5. There's one for "everyday," deep cover/NPEs, family functions, bedtime, and the redheaded stepchild that works but isn't my cup of tea. If I had more guns, I'd need like 5 more holsters for each one, right?

Actually, I do need a need another gun belt. Changed jobs and the uniform went from brown pants to black so I need a black belt now.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links