Does Walmart Deserve Gunowners Dollars? - Page 2

Does Walmart Deserve Gunowners Dollars?

This is a discussion on Does Walmart Deserve Gunowners Dollars? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just because Walmart is not selling guns does not mean they are anti-gun they are just pro profit if it doesn't sell it must go, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just because Walmart is not selling guns does not mean they are anti-gun they are just pro profit if it doesn't sell it must go, ya so they pick up some browny points with the touchy feelies.
    They stop selling guns around me but I don't buy them there so big deal never was a big money maker for them anyway, all I care about is the ammo keep selling that and they get my money.

I agree. It is way too early to tell.
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I used to work for a grocery store. Every week I would stock a case (12) of 32 ounce sour cream, and the next week I would throw out 11. My manager told me that there was one customer who bought 1 container every week, and as long as she did so, he would stock it. I'm sure we made more money than we lost over the years, by retaining her as a customer.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Lew
    I don't like walmart since Sam died. When he was running the stores, it was class act. They treated drivers making deliverys at the distribution centers with class and respect. Now since he is gone, the dc's for the most part treat outside drivers like cattle. No respect at all.

I have also noticed, when he was running things, if you wanted say a can opener, they carried EVERYONES canopener. The cheapies, the middle ground and the really expensive ones. Now they only carry the ones made by them, and THEY SUCK. They are selling Junk where they used to sell nice stuff. And now that the little mom and pop stores have gone out of business, you can't find the good ones. I know it took me almost a year to get the one I wanted and I got it online. I don't like walmart because of what has happened to the little guy. Like the quote from "I, Robot" by Will Smith. USR crapping on the little guy.
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

I have to say that I see a HUGE difference between a company deciding that it is no longer going to sell guns and ammunition, and a company that is actively anti-gun. Even if Wal-Mart has decided not to sell guns and ammo anymore that does not make them "anti-gun." This decision probably has more to do with changing demographics, market position, profitability, and liability than it has to do with any kind of "political correctness." My impression of Wal-Mart in general is that they would never let political correctness get in the way of making a profit!

For that reason, while I will be disappointed if my local Wal-Mart stops stocking guns and ammo, that will most certainly NOT cause me to boycott them in any way at all.

Wal-Mart supports gun owners by stocking firearms, ammunition, and accessories at affordable prices. They also do not interfere with lawful concealed carry rights. I'll certainly continue to do business with them as long as they offer the products and services I want at a competitive price.

The other issues described in the original post are not necessarily antithetical to the values of gun owners, who represent a broad political spectrum. I hope the ranks of gun owners become broader still, as the 2nd Amendment is an essential component to the maintenance of all our freedoms, whether we're on the left or the right.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    WallyWorld will gladly sell you the rope to hang your Country and Family with. The WallyWorld Stores where I live still sell guns and ammo.

Jungle Work
    Graduate: University of South Vietnam-
    School of Jungle Warfare

CURRAHEE My Brothers In Blood

Wal-Marts in KY, TN, IN, WV (at least the ones I have been in) still sell long guns, ammo, and general shooting/hunting supplies. While I don't agree with thier stance on some things, I still shop there, likewise I know for a fact some people who don't agree with my views still work/trade with me. IMO untill a line is crossed, and there is definiately a line, I will continue to go there.
    Besides, where will everyone buy nachos?

Walmart's "going green" deal is new building construction policies only. My company does a lot of their design work. It's using low flow bathroom fixtures, energy conservation in the HVAc systems. Stuff like that.

First question, what are the local laws in the areas Wal-Mart pulled firearms? Some states allow localities to legislate firearms more stringently than at the state level.

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Wal-Mart supports gun owners by stocking firearms, ammunition, and accessories at affordable prices. They also do not interfere with lawful concealed carry rights. I'll certainly continue to do business with them as long as they offer the products and services I want at a competitive price.

The other issues described in the original post are not necessarily antithetical to the values of gun owners, who represent a broad political spectrum. I hope the ranks of gun owners become broader still, as the 2nd Amendment is an essential component to the maintenance of all our freedoms, whether we're on the left or the right.
    Amen.

I can imagine that some Walmarts located in higher crime urban areas don't sell many guns. There are a couple in the St. Louis area that come to mind. Most of their customers in these areas are not hunters or shooters, and the ones who are probably can't legally buy a gun anyway. If Walmart is deciding not to sell guns in stores where it is not profitable to do so I have no problem with that. It its based on anti gun politics or political correctness thats another story.

The only walmart I ever shop at is 120 miles from my house near my familys property out in the country. This past weekend I bought 200 rounds of wwb .45acp for $20 something per 100. The folks that work the gun counter there are friendly and helpful. I don't even know if the Walmarts in the St. louis area sell guns or not, I don't shop at these stores because of their clientele. Besides I live too close to Bass pro and their ammo prices are pretty reasonable too.

In the crazy world of CA, the local Walmart still sells ammo at half the the price the local gun store wants for the exact same item (less than 20 for 100 .40 Winchester Target rounds). They do not sell rifles or shotguns (however BB guns and paintball are still available). They also still sell cleaning materials as well as eye and ear protection (just picked up a new set of ear muffs).

I agree with earlier posts. As long as Wally World continues to sell cheap reliable .40 ammo, I will continue to buy it. I could care less what they support as a corporation and what groups they give money to. The only reason I am in the store is to buy stuff. As long as it cheaper than the next guy, then they will continue to have my business.

Administrator
    I never liked Walmart anyway.
    Something about the place gives me the creeps.
    I never buy anything there.

The Walmart they WERE going to build out near me was to be located on a site that was very likely ancient Native American sacred ground.
    The project is "on hold" w/ an injunction filed right now because since they started excavating the project has been plagued with 20' landslides covering all 4 lanes of the highway.
    Even the spirit world does not like Walmart.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

My family has enjoyed buying at JC Penny's, Home Depot,and Walmarts and saved a lot of money over the years. The people that knock Walmart's are featherbedding ,Union loving,individual's that write,teach,work for special interest. That pimple faced kid or old foggy is trying to live a good american life,they are not waiting outside in the parking lot trying to rob you of your life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links