Discussion with co-worker

This is a discussion on Discussion with co-worker within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hope she never has to wish her gun was not home in the safe....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Discussion with co-worker

I hope she never has to wish her gun was not home in the safe.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

2. Remove Ads

I would buy her the newpaper everyday for a few weeks and ask her to save all the "Good News" articles.
    BugDude likes this.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

A friend was waiting in line to renew his Alabama Carry Permit, and when he got to the counter, the lady behind him said, "What could you have that is so valuable it might be worth someone's life?" His response was: "I don't know, ma'am, you'd have to ask the person trying to take it away from me."
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    A friend was waiting in line to renew his Alabama Carry Permit, and when he got to the counter, the lady behind him said, "What could you have that is so valuable it might be worth someone's life?" His response was: "I don't know, ma'am, you'd have to ask the person trying to take it away from me."
    Got to remember that one!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Excellent response!

My old lady has the same 'where would you need it' mentality still, she's coming around though to reality.

One day all that fluff between her ears will blow out. In the mean time just avoid her.

They must not have a TV or don't watch any news!
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I was talking with a co-worker the other day and we were talking about hobbies. She mentioned her and her husband like shooting and I also mentioned I do as well. She asked me about Kimbers, I replied, and she said she loves hers. I told her I had a 5" 1911 for a while and carried it a couple months and sold it. She said, "Carried it?" I replied, "Yes, I have my carry license and have carried for years." She said, "Our Kimber stays in the safe except when we are at the range. Where do you live that you feel the need to carry a gun?" and I replied, "Earth." That was the end of the conversation.
    Gee, and things sounded like they were going well until she started talking about the safe. Probably closet anti 2A'ers.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

I had to call 911 to my house one time. They were there within 3 min. A bullet is faster to defend my life than the response of 911.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    I had to call 911 to my house one time. They were there within 3 min. A bullet is faster to defend my life than the response of 911.
    Yep, I'm a bit surprised, that's a fast response time. Problem is, a lot can happen in those three minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links